GGG vs Brook

NEWS, Announcements, Greetings, Schedules, EBs, listening sessions, lectures, shoot-outs, field trips, gimmicks, etc. for WS members only...

Moderators: vintage_dog, audiostar

Re: Pacquiao willing to fight Sergio Martinez

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:19 pm

JackD201 wrote:
Personally I want to see Pacman lay someone flat on his back again. To do that the opponent has to be willing to exchange. To exchange the opponent has to be fast enough to get some shots in himself. That means someone his own size since the opponent will have to stand his ground or charge because there is no reach advantage to depend on. Puwersado lumaban kung hindi man tulog. Hirap si Pacman magpatulog ng tunay na welterweight, wasak mukha kaya sa tiyaga but to land his big left hook, it's too hard to get in range. It's that left hook we all want to see!

well, bai cong we will see that on Nov 12, in the person itself of this "peepee guy".
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

zbik vs chavez jr

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:51 am

A very good and tough fight. watch and see the replay.

After Freddie Roach trained Chavez Jr., he's well improved now.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Donaire vs Narvaez: Oct 22, also 24/7 pt.1 MP-JMM

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:23 am

Can we see another spectacular knock out again? Nonito might finish Omar on or before 7.

So, no more Vasquez on the list now, he'd just been erased, Nishouka's radar will be Donaire by next year.

Next in line perhaps could be Gamboa & JuanMa Lopez.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Donaire vs Narvaez: Oct 22, also 24/7 pt.1 MP-JMM

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:43 pm

This is a mismatch. Donaire will just chew Narvaez EZ.

18 mos from now i wanna see Juan Manuel Lopez or Gamboa versus Donaire & this is a sure real firefight!
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby joejet » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:15 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:This is a mismatch. Donaire will just chew Narvaez EZ.

18 mos from now i wanna see Juan Manuel Lopez or Gamboa versus Donaire & this is a sure real firefight!

Narvaez is a tactical and savvy pugilist. Veteran and has never suffered a loss. Its very likely he would never go toe to toe against our Nonito Donaire. At best we would see him move laterally around delivering sting shots to score gradual points on his cards while Nonito tries to put pressure on him till he lands a BRICK shot. Then, Narvaez goes down on the canvass separated from his senses. My take on the fight.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:30 am

joejet wrote:
pinoy_usa8 wrote:This is a mismatch. Donaire will just chew Narvaez EZ.

Narvaez is a tactical and savvy pugilist. Veteran and has never suffered a loss. Its very likely he would never go toe to toe against our Nonito Donaire. At best we would see him move laterally around delivering sting shots to score gradual points on his cards while Nonito tries to put pressure on him till he lands a BRICK shot. Then, Narvaez goes down on the canvass separated from his senses. My take on the fight.

Aside getting overwhelm the limelight of MSG, where the mecca of boxing is,..this is his first time fighting in the US, where the big dogs are, just like other boxers with a big name in their home country,..they're very good & a champion with their own rights.

Narvaez cant even showcase his talent to Donaire. you know why?

1) he's first time fighting in a bantamweight div
2) shorter in height & reach & old
3) he's fighting the number 3 P4P, the best counter-puncher w/ power behind it, ever produced in pinas.

Omar will experience his 1st defeat this coming Sunday in Manila, by not even knowing it what hit him, he should ask Darchi & Montiel.

This wont past round 7, i guess.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby kabubi » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:45 am

Bai Henry,

Donaire's biggest opponent in this fight is his weight. Nonito is primed to go up to the next weight level for a long time now and that may be his biggest difficulty in his fight against Narvaez. i think that Nonito will make this his last fight in this weight division.

the other 2 things that Nonito has got to watch our for are Complacency and Overconfidence. kahit ang pinakamagaling na boxingero, puedeng matsambahan.

but i am optimistic that the Filipino Flash will win. you know why? because Nonito will be wearing pink trunks in this fight. there is nothing more formidable than a boxer in pink. especially if he his wearing pink because he is dedicating this bout to the fight against breast cancer. and Nonito will do all that he can for women combating this most deadly disease that confronts all the wives, mothers, sisters, aunts and grandmothers out there. he will not want to disappoint them.

k

PS. Bai, when are we gonna start a thread for Dennis "The Excitement" Cuello? for me, he is one of the most talented Filipino fighters in the boxing scene today. his uppercut is a thing of beauty to watch, parang he has elevated the uppercut into an art form. di ba he knocked out his Mexican opponent in the 1st round just a few days ago in spectacular fashion? i'm sure Transformer King Edrel will surely be "excited" about him, too. mahusay talaga itong batang ito. Sugbuanon pa tingali :D
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby BingoDelMar » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:39 am

kabubi wrote:
PS. Bai, when are we gonna start a thread for Dennis "The Excitement" Cuello? for me, he is one of the most talented Filipino fighters in the boxing scene today. his uppercut is a thing of beauty to watch, parang he has elevated the uppercut into an art form. di ba he knocked out his Mexican opponent in the 1st round just a few days ago in spectacular fashion? i'm sure Transformer King Edrel will surely be "excited" about him, too. mahusay talaga itong batang ito. Sugbuanon pa tingali :D

Basta Sugbuanon Bai OK gid...hehehe ;) :) :D but he was born in Cabatuan, Iloilo so Hiligaynon gali ni si Denver Cuello and now residing in Binangonan, Rizal per http://philboxing.com/boxers/boxer.php?boxer_id=492
BingoDelMar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:30 pm

kabubi wrote:Bai Henry,

Donaire's biggest opponent in this fight is his weight. Nonito is primed to go up to the next weight level for a long time now and that may be his biggest difficulty in his fight against Narvaez. i think that Nonito will make this his last fight in this weight division.

the other 2 things that Nonito has got to watch our for are Complacency and Overconfidence. kahit ang pinakamagaling na boxingero, puedeng matsambahan.

but i am optimistic that the Filipino Flash will win. you know why? because Nonito will be wearing pink trunks in this fight. there is nothing more formidable than a boxer in pink. especially if he his wearing pink because he is dedicating this bout to the fight against breast cancer. and Nonito will do all that he can for women combating this most deadly disease that confronts all the wives, mothers, sisters, aunts and grandmothers out there. he will not want to disappoint them.

k

bai kabubz, yes last fight niya to sa 118 & moving up,...chasing where the money & great challenge is @ 126 (so, Lopez & Gamboa should watch this) @ this moment of time Donaire will not even take his opponent lightly simply because, as what u had said, its for the cause by wearing pink. the most important thing is, its his 1st time showing his superb talent in WaMu-NYC to market himself for big fights esp prize money.
If Donaire was a salesman, he will take even the last centavo in his opponent's pocket this time, just to show off his wares to the new yorkers. Trust me bai, daginoton ni pag au si Narvaez. Like on the Montiel fight, Donaire was over 3 to 4 pounds on that week fight, after rehydrating for 24 hrs, we saw what happened to Montiel.

Narvaez is a boxer meaning no power behind his punches. the one he knocked out before was a mere tricycle driver cguro sa Argentina, lol. He wont be like Sodorenko, who got knocked down 3x on straight-lefts/right,..but then again, he might be likely experience the same KO as to those of Darchi & Montiel, because he's a good defensive fighter who throws straight punches--pabor ka naman sa mga hooks.

Im excited na tonight bai, how Donaire will KO Omar, im sure WaMu spectators will sing, "Dont Cry for me Argentina" after the knock out. Hindi maka tsamba c Narvaez bai kc nga alang power ang mga suntok niya,..pag boxer maraming suntok yan,..para ka lang pinipopug ng lamok, nyahahahaha.

bai kabubz & bai Bingo, well for Denver C,..been watching this kid nga lately,..his last 3 fights & seems he's not a fluke nga. We will surely follow his next fight here in WS only, lol
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:43 pm

nakaka antok ang laban nila. nag ala Clottey kc c Narvaez.

But dont you think, Donaire was exposed, that he got a hard time engaging to a defensive boxer? He should have go for the body shots para bubuka ang mga kamay ni Narvaez.

Well, JuanMa Lopez was right there in the ringside watching, sizing up Donaire.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby plasticman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 am

It's really hard to do anything with an opponent who has decided to turtle-up and just wants to not get KO'd. As u've said, he did a "Clottey". Even the great attacking wirlwind pacman failed to do anything impressive against Clottey despite hammering him with heavy bodyshots.
plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby joejet » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:56 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:nakaka antok ang laban nila. nag ala Clottey kc c Narvaez.

But dont you think, Donaire was exposed, that he got a hard time engaging to a defensive boxer? He should have go for the body shots para bubuka ang mga kamay ni Narvaez.

Well, JuanMa Lopez was right there in the ringside watching, sizing up Donaire.

That was really a very good exposure for Donaire. Now he knows how difficult it is to land a good shot to a very defensive fighter. Narvaez just wouldn't open up and too afraid to get hit. Donaire got his taste of a turtle defensive fighter. Too bad for boxing fans, but on the other hand, good experience for Donaire.. I hope next one he fights is Jorge Arce.....
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby soundpurist » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:39 pm

He was good but not extra, maybe bit rusty brought about by the inactivity for quite sometime. And his inefficiency against a defensive player was exposed. His stinging jabs but the lack of combinations against one who covered his face most of the time offered no excitement for the whole match. Sorry for the comparison, but unlike the Clottey-Pacquiao fight, the one who covered most of the time was shot at an average of 100 times to the body and face per round, and Pacquiao did it in the most fashionable Filipino style (fpj style) with grace and ease. No knock out but it was fun, no boring but a display of brilliance, speed, no fear attitude, and machine gun type punching seldom seen today. But what's more pleasing for gentleman Pacquiao at the post fight- we heard no offensive and insulting comments against Clottey, no " Don't Cry for Me Argentina" type. Donaire scoffed at Narvaez's inability to engage, but he too failed to capitalize on it.
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Sergio Martinez?

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:44 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:Martinez moved the number 2 spot in P4P list after Manny. Floyd went down to #3 spot. Martinez must has been enjoying himself like a hollywood star, people recognized him everywhere.

When asked, he will be on the number 1 spot on the P4P, sooner or later as Manny's days are numbered fighting Mosley. Does it mean, he's on Mosley side? Hmmm, bad idea Sergio, you're praying for Pacman's downfall ha!

Too bad Sergio, Mosley cant derail the Pacman Express and it will come your way if you will take n accept the challenge at catchweight of 150 pounds for the 154# belt. Martinez was willing to fight Pacquiao at 154 pounds. I think Manny can make the 151 max, just to make it happen.

I admired Sergio Martinez, he's that very very good, he can beat the best and that includes Mayweather Jr, even Manny he got a good chance beating our own, but at 150 pounds catchweight?,..he's breaking his own leg though, Pacquiao will KO him instantly.

Magkakahihiyaan na,..... after Marquez will take a nap on the 8th,.. Sergio Martinez will be next in line to have a ride on the Pacman Express. Tell Bradley to train 8 months, starting this month, lol
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Pacquiao willing to fight Sergio Martinez

Postby joejet » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:00 am

Fighting Martinez is gonna be a tough act for PAC. Pac shouldn't go beyond Super Welterweight class. I think that's his ceiling weight class.. Martinez will have to go down to that weight if he aspires a fight with PAC...
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Moreno vs Darchinyan: video fight replay

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:46 am

http://www.boxingmma.tk/2011/12/anselmo ... fight.html

password is sweetboxing

Note: Moreno was supposedly to fight Donaire before but was cancelled
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Khan vs Peterson:sunday in Mla @IBC-13

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:57 am

Amir Khan will defend his IBF/WBA light welterweight belt against Lamont Peterson in Washington DC.
Live telecast in AKTV IBC 13 on “Bigtime Bakbakan” at 10:00 a.m.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Khan vs Peterson:sunday in Mla @IBC-13

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:06 pm

dont miss this fight if you want to watch real brawl
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Khan vs Peterson:sunday in Mla @IBC-13

Postby doasmarx » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:29 pm

the winner got some help from the ref:no knockdown call plus two point deduction
doasmarx
Fanatic
Fanatic

Mayweather vs Cotto: 5/5/12, Pac's leftover

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 am

At least Mayweather stepping up now, unlike more than 3 yrs ago he ducked & dodge Cotto,..even though thats Pacquiao's left over.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to HEAR YE, HEAR YE