GGG vs Brook

NEWS, Announcements, Greetings, Schedules, EBs, listening sessions, lectures, shoot-outs, field trips, gimmicks, etc. for WS members only...

Moderators: vintage_dog, audiostar

GGG vs Brook

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:23 am

would you pay $2,600 a pound just to taste it or rather seat & fly on an airbus 380? or purchase a nice sounding gear of yours?

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14538900/detai ... y&psp=news

(link will follow later. its in new york city most expensive dessert, now setting in the world record book of guinness)
people are getting crazy talaga ano.

how about this? a $150 million condo, the most expensive condo apartment in new york city. a triplex w/ a total floor area of 30K sq. ft., equivalent to 23 rooms plus the 25 bathrooms.

(how much is that in peso? thats a lot. i've rather spend it for something else, if i had that kind of money, kaso, ala eh)

(looking for that link, will post later)
Last edited by pinoy_usa8 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 42 times in total.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

What are the best Smartphones today?

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 am

iPhones? iphone 4 came out with too many flaws, needs tweaking. People for now prefer the 3Gs'. They call this, a toy and a cellphone combined. Best are 3Gs for now and iPhone 4, 2nd generation to come out,..but too expensive and a bit heavier to carry.

Blackberry's? No doubt these phones are for people on the go, more on business. Big bosses meeting/conference on a phone? Laptop are too big, mini or notebook came out too, bosses said, BB are too handy. Best are the Bolds model.

How about the new Droid's phone today? These are the fastest browser, way too far better than the Windows. Buyers today are puzzled w/c one to get because too many came out in the market. Suit whats best for you. If you're an on liner 24/7, you need these phones. even you're in a car, stuck in a traffic, you can browse or chat, lol,..just use this as your modem. Best are, Samsung Vibrant, all the features you needed are in this phone, work, play & business together. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, you have the feature of a Sony product, crisp image resolution for both photos and video recording. Speaker sounding system are better compare to others. Can be a toy, for business n pleasure and a real phone.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Earth girls are crazy about it

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:30 am

pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: What are the best Smartphones today?

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:12 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:iPhones? iphone 4 came out with too many flaws, needs tweaking. People for now prefer the 3Gs'. They call this, a toy and a cellphone combined. Best are 3Gs for now and iPhone 4, 2nd generation to come out,..but too expensive and a bit heavier to carry.

Blackberry's? No doubt these phones are for people on the go, more on business. Big bosses meeting/conference on a phone? Laptop are too big, mini or notebook came out too, bosses said, BB are too handy. Best are the Bolds model.

How about the new Droid's phone today? These are the fastest browser, way too far better than the Windows. Buyers today are puzzled w/c one to get because too many came out in the market. Suit whats best for you. If you're an on liner 24/7, you need these phones. even you're in a car, stuck in a traffic, you can browse or chat, lol,..just use this as your modem. Best are, Samsung Vibrant, all the features you needed are in this phone, work, play & business together. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, you have the feature of a Sony product, crisp image resolution for both photos and video recording. Speaker sounding system are better compare to others. Can be a toy, for business n pleasure and a real phone.

After Job's tweaking, iPhone4 hit the roof once again. I hope, Apple will take other carrier.

Too many smartphones maker trying to compete Steve's creation, and then came these Androids. Until today, Job's iPhone 4 are debating with the Androids,.. after the two, next were the, blackberry's.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... everything
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Pascal vs Hopkins

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:18 pm

PPV in Canada, FREE in US, thats by Showtime tonight.

Let us see how "slick" Hopkins is, to avoid the punching power Pascal.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Pascal vs Hopkins: for IBO light heavy (Sunday in Manila)

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Hopkins was down twice (round 1 & 3), the 4th round ruled a slipped by the ref.
Hopkins came back strong, throw more jabs and punches, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> then at the end, it was a DRAW.

Be the judge.

Replay:

http://pinoychanneltv.blogspot.com/2010 ... -full.html
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Manny Pacquiao vs Sergio Martinez?

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Martinez moved the number 2 spot in P4P list after Manny. Floyd went down to #3 spot. Martinez must has been enjoying himself like a hollywood star, people recognized him everywhere.

When asked, he will be on the number 1 spot on the P4P, sooner or later as Manny's days are numbered fighting Mosley. Does it mean, he's on Mosley side? Hmmm, bad idea Sergio, you're praying for Pacman's downfall ha!

Too bad Sergio, Mosley cant derail the Pacman Express and it will come your way if you will take n accept the challenge at catchweight of 150 pounds for the 154# belt. Martinez was willing to fight Pacquiao at 154 pounds. I think Manny can make the 151 max, just to make it happen.

I admired Sergio Martinez, he's that very very good, he can beat the best and that includes Mayweather Jr, even Manny he got a good chance beating our own, but at 150 pounds catchweight?,..he's breaking his own leg though, Pacquiao will KO him instantly.
Last edited by pinoy_usa8 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Sergio Martinez?

Postby JackD201 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm

I don't know Bai. Magalaw si Sergio side to side, hindi madali tamaan ito at matibay maski kung tamaan. Pagasa ni MP dito paduguin. Sa tingin ko marami-raming round ang kakailanganin ni Pacman para magawa niya ito na hindi rin siya mapuruhan. Sa tingin ko delikado :(
JackD201
Immortal

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:23 pm

JackD201 wrote:I don't know Bai. Magalaw si Sergio side to side, hindi madali tamaan ito at matibay maski kung tamaan. Pagasa ni MP dito paduguin. Sa tingin ko marami-raming round ang kakailanganin ni Pacman para magawa niya ito na hindi rin siya mapuruhan. Sa tingin ko delikado :(

Bai Cong, kumusta na? sana, palaging oks kayo Cong.

Tama ka, magalaw ang head movement ni Sergio at delikado talaga c Manny, sa height, reach advantage bukod sa kaha ni Sergio na malapad talaga,....that is if they will fight for the middleweight division w/c is Martinez' natural weight, as the King in his division now @160#.

He challenged Pacquiao at 154# at kay Mayweather Jr. both sa 160 at 154. Forget about Mayweather, he wont take it anyway, lol. The last time Martinez fought sa 154 pounder ay noon tatlong taon nakaraan. and if Roach-Pac will take it, they will ask a catchweight of 151 pounds. and the last time Sergio weighs it was 9 yrs ago. if he will take the bait, he will be like Oscar De La Hoya eating a lamb meat, hehehe.

Surely, Martinez will cut his own leg to make that weight. Pacquiao knew Martinez will kill him sa 154 pound limit. No cant do dito c Manny. Sergio knew mahirapan siya sa 151 catchweight but if Team Martinez is masiba and greedy they will take it for the money. baka sakali mapuruhan nila ang P4P King,..di biglang #1 P4P King c Martinez.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Ayos naman ako Bai. Masaya :) :) :)

Sa catchweight, puwede siguro pero nakakatakot pa rin. Itong si martinez lang ang nakita ko na baka tumapat kay Pacman sa natural Cardio ability (bukod kay JMM). Siguro kaka biking at soccer niya. Kung mabilisan ang usapan, mga less than six months to make weight hindi ako matatakot masyado pero kung matagal ang panahon para makababa at masany sa weight si Sergio mukhang delekado. Nakakalula rin ang punching power nito eh. Akala ko mamamatay si Punisher sa second bout nila. Pareho pa naman sila ni Pacman na may kaliwa at kanan na hindi lang mabilis (Khan) kundi solid din. Pati lateral movement niya maganda dahil sa soccer background.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby northwardnimbus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:56 pm

sergio mendez? :lol:
northwardnimbus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby soundpurist » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Martinez is just too much for MP even at 151. At 147 lbs up he won't have his vaunted speed. And without it, he's done.
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:31 pm

soundpurist wrote:Martinez is just too much for MP even at 151. At 147 lbs up he won't have his vaunted speed. And without it, he's done.

I doubt bai, if Martinez is wise enough he wont take the bait.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:40 pm

JackD201 wrote:Ayos naman ako Bai. Masaya :) :) :)

Sa catchweight, puwede siguro pero nakakatakot pa rin. Itong si martinez lang ang nakita ko na baka tumapat kay Pacman sa natural Cardio ability (bukod kay JMM). Siguro kaka biking at soccer niya. Kung mabilisan ang usapan, mga less than six months to make weight hindi ako matatakot masyado pero kung matagal ang panahon para makababa at masany sa weight si Sergio mukhang delekado. Nakakalula rin ang punching power nito eh. Akala ko mamamatay si Punisher sa second bout nila. Pareho pa naman sila ni Pacman na may kaliwa at kanan na hindi lang mabilis (Khan) kundi solid din. Pati lateral movement niya maganda dahil sa soccer background.

Yang ang maganda, bai cong,..masaya kayo,..i like that.
anyway, dahil soccer player siya dati, he had the stamina and balancing, gaya ni Manny he got big calves and his love sa basketball. Talagang ito ang magandang laban kaysa kina Mayweather Jr, di ba?
Again and again darating tayo sa punto na itong discussion natin dito pag uusapan rin ito sa Team Martinez at Bob Arum balang araw, sana nga.
Ganun pa man, Martinez cant make it good sa 151 bai.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:38 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:
JackD201 wrote:Ayos naman ako Bai. Masaya :) :) :)

Yang ang maganda, bai cong,..masaya kayo,..i like that.
anyway, dahil soccer player siya dati, he had the stamina and balancing, gaya ni Manny he got big calves and his love sa basketball. Talagang ito ang magandang laban kaysa kina Mayweather Jr, di ba?
Again and again darating tayo sa punto na itong discussion natin dito pag uusapan rin ito sa Team Martinez at Bob Arum balang araw, sana nga.
Ganun pa man, Martinez cant make it good sa 151 bai.

This is what Manny says in his interview today;

Along with shunning a fight with Bradley or Khan but teasing fight fans with a possible interest in Marquez, Pacquiao confirmed to this scribe his willingness to meet boxing's newest star, Sergio Martinez.

"I will fight him; I am not afraid of Martinez. I will fight him, but we must meet at a catchweight around 150 (lbs). This would be a very good fight, but I have to protect myself too. I can not gain too much weight for this and my opponent can not be too big for me either.

Link: http://boxscorenews.com/pacquiao-maywea ... 016-68.htm
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 am

pinoy_usa8 wrote:Martinez moved the number 2 spot in P4P list after Manny. Floyd went down to #3 spot. Martinez must has been enjoying himself like a hollywood star, people recognized him everywhere.

When asked, he will be on the number 1 spot on the P4P, sooner or later as Manny's days are numbered fighting Mosley. Does it mean, he's on Mosley side? Hmmm, bad idea Sergio, you're praying for Pacman's downfall ha!

Too bad Sergio, Mosley cant derail the Pacman Express and it will come your way if you will take n accept the challenge at catchweight of 150 pounds for the 154# belt. Martinez was willing to fight Pacquiao at 154 pounds. I think Manny can make the 151 max, just to make it happen.

I admired Sergio Martinez, he's that very very good, he can beat the best and that includes Mayweather Jr, even Manny he got a good chance beating our own, but at 150 pounds catchweight?,..he's breaking his own leg though, Pacquiao will KO him instantly.

Arum is concerned about the weight gap of Pacquiao-Martinez, esp after Sergio rehydrate.
http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-mar ... uch--39203

can Pacquiao take that risk?
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Pacquiao willing to fight Sergio Martinez

Postby onedown » Mon May 16, 2011 8:51 am

how about 154-pound fight, but weigh in is say, about two hours before the fight?
onedown
Master
Master

Postby JackD201 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 am

I know it won't happen but a really good fight would be Pacman vs Maidana. UPAKAN baby!!!

Realistically though medjo manipis na talaga options. Sa tingin ko kawawa lang itong si Desert Storm. While he swings wide apat o lima straight down the middle aabutan neto sabay takbo ala Cotto and Mosely in the late rounds.

Baka Ortiz puwede. At least mahilig sumugod at humabol ito. Eto pupusta ako di aabot ng 6 rounds kung magmatapang.

Most of all gusto ko nang matapos itong Marquez.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:22 pm

JackD201 wrote:I know it won't happen but a really good fight would be Pacman vs Maidana. UPAKAN baby!!!

Realistically though medjo manipis na talaga options. Sa tingin ko kawawa lang itong si Desert Storm. While he swings wide apat o lima straight down the middle aabutan neto sabay takbo ala Cotto and Mosely in the late rounds.

Baka Ortiz puwede. At least mahilig sumugod at humabol ito. Eto pupusta ako di aabot ng 6 rounds kung magmatapang.

Most of all gusto ko nang matapos itong Marquez.

Pacquiao and Team willing to face Martinez but Arum doesnt want to.

Marcus Maidana is a bakbakan blues nga, if to face Manny..but Arum, a financial strategist wont buy it kc nde siya kikita dito dahil nde siya "chure" sa PPV buys attractions nito, masisira lang si Manny dito kung mababa ang PPV. And Maidana for me is not a worthy opponent of Pacquiao. Magagalit na naman ang tao bakit si Maidana ang ipares kay Pacquiao, Like of those Clottey n Mosley, na they were not suppose w/ Manny in the squared-ring,..but Arum is really good in hyping eh.

Ganun pa man kung si Maidana,.. baka hanggang 5 rounds lang siya kay Manny bai. (sa style niya na sugod ng sugod na wide open)

Ortiz din ako bai, maganda talaga ito pero ang hadlang ay TR vs GBP ito eh--mortal na kaaway and dalawa, so mahirap ata mangyari ito eh unless mag shake hands na to c Oscar at Arum, for the sake of boxing.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:55 am

If I were Arum and listening to the Boos in 3 of the last 4 Pacman fights where opponents ran away a lot (Cotto, Clottey, Mosley) I would get the hint that the small fast guy beating up but failing to knock out bigger fighters is getting old. It was great when he was chasing the weight class record. Now that he's done that. Wala nang thrill.

Personally I want to see Pacman lay someone flat on his back again. To do that the opponent has to be willing to exchange. To exchange the opponent has to be fast enough to get some shots in himself. That means someone his own size since the opponent will have to stand his ground or charge because there is no reach advantage to depend on. Puwersado lumaban kung hindi man tulog. Hirap si Pacman magpatulog ng tunay na welterweight, wasak mukha kaya sa tiyaga but to land his big left hook, it's too hard to get in range. It's that left hook we all want to see!

Amir may have outboxed Marcos, but it was clear Amir has yet to develop one shot knock out power. That near perfect heart and liver punch was impressive though. I really would like to see a slugfest. Marquez, Maidana, Ortiz are on my wishlist to be sure.
JackD201
Immortal

Next

Return to HEAR YE, HEAR YE