Madonna Live in Manila

Gigs around town

Moderators: KD, Jon Agner

Madonna Live in Manila

Postby pmaligaya » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:15 am

No ticket prices posted yet, but they go on sale starting this week, according to news reports.
pmaligaya
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Madonna Live in Manila

Postby sumnerbrowne » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:48 pm

Looks quite steep if these prices are true:

SVIP – P57,750
PATRON VIP – P52,500
VIP FLOOR – P52,500
PATRON- P42,000
LOWERBOX VIP – P33,600
LOWERBOX – P29,400
LOWERBOX SIDEVIEW – P29,400
UPPERBOX – P8,400
UPPERBOX SIDEVIEW – P8,400
GEN AD – P3,150
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby JackD201 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:10 pm

Tindi presyo ni Lola Mads!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby pmaligaya » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 pm

The situation this morning during the Madonna mailing list pre-sale, ongoing till 5pm. If you will be buying during one of the pre-sales (Globe, Citi, etc.) that requires the use of advance access codes, my experience was that using those codes for the SM ticket website is a pain. If you use the code and hit the back button during the buying process or something else happened even if you have not made a purchase yet, you could invalidate your code and it will be considered "invalid/used." (I had to deal with SM Tickets customer service through FB; they were helpful). Regarding the "sold out" notices, it's possible that not all sections were opened for today's first pre-sale. Tickets not sold during the pre-sales will be available on July 26.

pmaligaya
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rastasega » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:05 am

wow. this is selling out before it's even out for everyone else!
i have a feeling i won't be able to buy tickets even if i'm a globe subscriber
rastasega

Postby jtgf1966 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:30 am

That would be a nice birthday gift for myself - if i have the money or if there are any tickets left on concert day :D
jtgf1966
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:23 pm

sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby dimfer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:50 pm

bili na 8)

I have 5 tickets for her Edmonton gig this coming Oct :)
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pmaligaya » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:35 am

There's gonna be a second night. Fan pre-sale starts this morning.

pmaligaya
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dimfer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Just saw the concert - awesome show. I think this is the best live show that I had ever seen.

20 minutes into the show, the guy sitting next to me said it is worth the admission already.

Man, the bass is literally shaking my pants. I thought it was louder but it measured 100 db on my cel.

Did not know that Mads is a capable guitar player before the show :clap:

If you are not decided yet if you want to see the show, go and thank me later 8)
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Looking forward to it Ding. It took a while but Lola Mads looks like she'll finally make it to Manila. Sana hindi siya uuga-uga. When Duran Duran was here last, muntik nadapa si Simon Le Bon nung sumubok mag-jump spin. :D :D :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dimfer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:27 am

I've been to a fair bit concerns, but the top acts I really wanted to see are Michael Jackson, Madonna, The Rolling Stones and Rod Stewart (when I was much younger). Too bad I was not able to see the late MJ perform live but I am pretty happy that I've seen the rest.

I have video of Madonna's other tours and would love to own a video of this tour, I think she did a really good job here as well. I think many 20 year olds will have a hard time coping up with 57 year old's energy level.

A lot of people were raving about her first show in our city, but early on, she promised that second show is always better.

If you are going to the show and plan to be on the floor, being close to the heart part of the stage is a good place to be.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:53 pm

Mahal dun! Upper box lang nga naluha ako sa presyo. Group buy! I think we're a group of 30. That should be fun!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dimfer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:03 pm

so, any impression about the show.. I saw some vids uploaded at youtube already

I've read some guys at pdvd went to both shows..
Last edited by dimfer on Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Sulit pare. As soon as we got to our seats (okay pala nosebleed seats kita lahat! :lol: ) we knew we were in for a big show. The tech rider must have been something then again I heard later that they brought almost everything in. The sound system, lighting, stage craft as a whole was Circ de Soleil level. Tatlong cargo plane daw ang ginamit. Then the concert started. I think she played only 3 or 4 old hits but what was amazing was that they were re-arranged to be totally contemporary so they wove in seamlessly with the rest of the program material. There were times when she got off key and got tired but hey, I can only dream of doing anything as strenuous as what she was doing at the age of 57 ba? Hanep din. What was most amazing is her charm. Friends who had seen her before said she was suplada. I guess she's mellowed with time yun lang bastos pa rin! :D Anyways, yeah, for me given what went into that production and calculating the costs in my head, on top of that a non-stop 1.5 hours of fun, sulit nga.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dimfer » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:18 pm

really, 1.5 hrs lang? she must have cut back quite a bit because she performed well over 2 hours here and I cannot recall any big hit not performed, some were squeezed into a medley para mapagkasya. grabe pangit ng front act nya dito sa Edmonton, pero sinulit sa kanya. Show here started at 10 and she was singing past 12:30.

but according to what I could read, mukhang sulit din naman daw ang performance dyan. The Illuminati performance was like Cirque d'soleil.

dinala din ba dyan yung spiral na hagdan?
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pmaligaya » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:29 pm

Hello. Was also able to see the show (first day). I believe the Philippines got the full show; nandun din yung spiral na hagdan. Ang kawawa yung Singapore fans because Madonna was barred from performing three songs (which have full blown production numbers behind them) due to censorship. I saw a video of the opening of the Singapore concert, it was a different song, at mukhang 90% less the spectacle of the regular opening. The videos shown throughout the concert were also modified/censored. Worse, there were no songs added to replace the censored ones, so the concert was shorter. I read that some Singapore fans are upset because of this, and also because Madonna actually agreed to do a censored show.
pmaligaya
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sumnerbrowne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:38 pm

pmaligaya wrote:Hello. Was also able to see the show (first day). I believe the Philippines got the full show; nandun din yung spiral na hagdan. Ang kawawa yung Singapore fans because Madonna was barred from performing three songs (which have full blown production numbers behind them) due to censorship. I saw a video of the opening of the Singapore concert, it was a different song, at mukhang 90% less the spectacle of the regular opening. The videos shown throughout the concert were also modified/censored. Worse, there were no songs added to replace the censored ones, so the concert was shorter. I read that some Singapore fans are upset because of this, and also because Madonna actually agreed to do a censored show.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a Singaporean cab driver a couple of years back. When I shared with him my observation that Singapore appears to be one country where everything is working as designed/planned (i.e., there's peace and order everywhere you go; progress is all over the place) he asked me what country I'm from. When I told him I'm from the Philippines, he asked me if I know this place called Bora-kay. Oh, Boracay. I said. His eyes lit up and he told me that every year he saves up with his wife so he can take his family to Bora-kay. He then told me how beautiful the Philippines is and how it offered more wonders compared to Singapore which was so small that (according to him), if you drop one bomb, you can erase it from the face of the earth. More importantly, he said you can say anything against the government and still be alive the following day. You can publish or do virtually anything. In the Philippines, there is freedom of speech, I remember him saying. That was his observation of course and we tend to take it for granted because we often focus on what we lack I suppose.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:36 am

sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby jtgf1966 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:43 pm

At first, i didn't want to go... but hell... it's the day i turn 50... i'd say, why not :) Props to my old Nokia n8 for this. My xperia z2 let me down...
jtgf1966
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to Live Music