TRODT AUDIO

Mang Rod's audio creations...

Moderator: kabubi

TRODT AUDIO

Postby Octaver » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:39 am

One of the Filipino Ingenuity!
Kindly Post Mang Rods Creations & Reviews Pls. I believe there are lots of his creations that never been posted!
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:51 am

I like his cute 5881 amp. Who has pics of that?
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Audiogeek » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:41 am

naku mukhang si mang rod lang ata makakasagot nyan Octaver. naabotan ko lang sa kanya four years back ay 6as7, 5881 (na hindi ko na nakikita, sayang arnold), before i conceptualized his brand to "trodt". of course, 300B, 845, 2a3, pp6L6/kt88, musika.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ESaudio » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:08 am

My Trodt amp 5881:

My Trodt amp KT88 (Sovtek):

My Trodt MUSIKA:

Sorry guys. I am really not that good in writing reviews. I would still consider myself as a newbie tubee. How i wish i could give an objective, impartial, detailed and realistic review of these Pinoy audio gears. I would leave that to the audio gurus and experts. All i can say is that i am enjoying and having fun with these classic audio creations of Mang Rod.

MABUHAY ANG PINOY!
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Toys

Postby skeesix » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:25 pm

WOW! nice toys.
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Toys

Postby Octaver » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:52 am

skee6 wrote:WOW! nice toys.

Hi Captain, why dont you post your toy also (300B) :D
BTW, hows your new IC? I believe it will take time to burn-in.
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

ICs

Postby skeesix » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:44 pm

Hi Jun,

Sounds great. Its more detailed and clean.Will get more interconnects from Hongkong soon.

Skee
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: ICs

Postby Audiogeek » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:53 pm

skee6 wrote:Hi Jun,

Sounds great. Its more detailed and clean.Will get more interconnects from Hongkong soon.

Skee

Hello Skee. Pde ba i-set up yong 300B mo sa cockpit ng jumbo jet mo, para smooth ang lipad. He he. I will be seeing John this afternoon who wants to go into audio. Dapat ikaw ulit ang adviser nya as audio, since ikaw rin ang mentor nya sa flying school. Baka pabinta na rin nya one of his best watch collections. He he.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Reply lang

Postby skeesix » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:54 pm

Hi Audiogeek, I use an IPOD NANO with ALTEC LANSING speakers on board, specially transpacific flights.Imagine flying at nite 12 to 15 hours with no sounds except Air Traffic controllers and other pilots who are as equally bored. The Airbus has an AC outlet which I can use.
Good luck with JOHN. I believe he is a diehard watch person. How is the KEf Q7. I only have a Q1 for my SE300b amp. I wonder if it will sound better with a floorstander.

Happy listenning!

Skee
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Reply lang

Postby Audiogeek » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:18 am

skee6 wrote:Hi Audiogeek, I use an IPOD NANO with ALTEC LANSING speakers on board, specially transpacific flights.Imagine flying at nite 12 to 15 hours with no sounds except Air Traffic controllers and other pilots who are as equally bored. The Airbus has an AC outlet which I can use.
Good luck with JOHN. I believe he is a diehard watch person. How is the KEf Q7. I only have a Q1 for my SE300b amp. I wonder if it will sound better with a floorstander.

Happy listenning!

Skee

That's cool Skee. HiFi in the Sky.

About my KEFQ7 with a possible marriage with your 300B, i tried it with 2A3 only but will never believe how the latter sounds with a floorstander. I guess with 300B, a higher output, it will be better. You just have to revise probably t trannies like what mang rod did to the 2A3, if need.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

kef q7

Postby skeesix » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:40 am

Hi Audiogeek,

Thanks for the info! My Q1s are entry level speakers. My I know how much it set you back and shop you got it from? Its always nice to dream right?

Happy listening!

Skee
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Audiogeek » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:45 am

Hello Skee. I got the pair at sounddimension c/o edwin for 50K. One month instalment kasi. He he.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

sound dimension

Postby skeesix » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi Audiogeek,

Thanks for the info, but where is Sound Dimension and who is Edwin. Got mine from Sonny Tuazon.

Skee
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: sound dimension

Postby Audiogeek » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:19 pm

skee6 wrote:Hi Audiogeek,

Thanks for the info, but where is Sound Dimension and who is Edwin. Got mine from Sonny Tuazon.

Skee

it is located at the ground floor quad carpark, in front of truevalue. edwin is the owner and very friendly. i have not seen any new stock for now but i think he can source out one for you. this model is really good.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: TRODT AUDIO

Postby ESaudio » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:31 am

Octaver wrote:One of the Filipino Ingenuity!
Kindly Post Mang Rods Creations & Reviews Pls. I believe there are lots of his creations that never been posted!

I agree. Mang Rod has a lot of audio creations and his alone. He is a one-man machine and has gained so much recognition in Pinoy audio.

How i wish Mang Rod's creations will be featured this coming November HI-FI Show.

Thanks
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ichabod » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:06 pm

I'm also a fan of Rod when it comes to repairing vintage amps. He does it in a cinch! Galing talaga, kahit walang circuit dia.

Now I'd like to listen to the amps posted above. Skee6 takes an amp on board the flight deck? That's one heavenly way to spend an evening listening at cloud 9 with some amps. What's your music up there skipper? Would you know another pilot by the name of Fritz Narciso?
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby boombastig » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:29 pm

Here is the work of art that I got from the audio genius - Mang Rod.:

tRodt cs845PP

boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ESaudio » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:32 pm

Introducing Mang Rod's new creation: TR2A3 Monoblock (SET-Parallel) TUBE REGULATED

These buddies will ROCK YOU GENTLY!

ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby checy514 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Hi ya'll!!! I've heard about this audio community from my father (Mang Rod) and I promised that I'd check it out for him and help him out with regard to your inquiries. I would like to thank all of you most especially his friends who have been helping him all through out. For all your support and positive/negative feedbacks...everything is highly appreciated! I'm very much flattered on how you talk about my father and I for one can't believe that he has a lot of followers. For those who are interested of his artwork (that's how I call it). You can email him at mangrod@yahoo.com...call him at 5221696 or send him sms at 09182583107...again in behalf of my father...thank you so much for supporting Filipino ingenuity. Cheerio!!!

Special thanks to AUDIOGEEK for introducing my father's work to the Philippines...thanks so much!!!
checy514

Postby Octaver » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:51 am

ESaudio wrote:Introducing Mang Rod's new creation:

Heard lot of Mang Rod creations no question about under hood want to comment on the faceplate.

By the way, are the names & label on the faceplate are embedded? If yes they are not worth on the faceplate :lol:
The entire faceplate shape except for the finish must be perfect or CNC done (sorry guy must be no manual labor) & the hairline texture is not nice it should be straight & even then should be anodized to look perfect.

The Hex bolt doesnt look nice, the reason why exposing the bolt on the faceplate is: to make it part of it, it should be bold like in Musical Fidelity otherwise keep it clean & put the bolt underneath the chassis.

just my cents.
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to >> TRODT/AVA Audio <<