L78 new skirt

classic analog rigs Thorens, Garrard, Lenco, EMT, etc..

Moderators: setup1, setup2

L78 new skirt

Postby muniman » Tue May 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Hello:

Just wanna share my "attempt" ;) to upgrade the plinth of my L78. Used the template for an L75 as reference to the 6 layer cut-outs and stack 'em up. I don't have the tools to make the layered plinth so i went to a woodworking shop near our place and gave instruction to the craftsman.MDF was the material used on the plinth. There are still modification that needed to be done in the plinth to make the l78 sit properly in the l75 template inspired plinth.

The real challenge will start when i disassemble all the lenco parts and put it all in the new plinth. I've been lurking to other websites to get some ideas and information on projects like this, I'm not much of a DIYer but i'm hoping to pull this one off. I once replaced a busted light bulb naman e. hehe.. :rofl:

Some pictures of the plinth mga sir:

Also planning to replace all interconnects and power cable of the table.Pag di ko na kinaya pede bang maka pagtanong sa mga masters?

Salamat po!

Pau
muniman
Citizen
Citizen

Re: L78 new skirt

Postby TheAnalogSource » Wed May 09, 2012 7:38 am

NICE ONE PAULO :)

you dont have to disassemble your l78...just pull it out of the old plinth and transfer it to your new one.
not sure ah...but the second layer should be the same as the 3rd layer layout because of the arm return mechanism...just try if it will fit...mdf is easy to modify anyhow.
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Re: L78 new skirt

Postby muniman » Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 am

TheAnalogSource wrote:NICE ONE PAULO :)

you dont have to disassemble your l78...just pull it out of the old plinth and transfer it to your new one.
not sure ah...but the second layer should be the same as the 3rd layer layout because of the arm return mechanism...just try if it will fit...mdf is easy to modify anyhow.

thank you master Noly :). A friend lend me the tools need to modify the plinth and re-wire the cables and interconnects. I'll give the modification a shot this weekend, sana walang sablay :D Plan to bring the plinth to another friend's autoshop for painting.. :rock:
muniman
Citizen
Citizen

Return to IDLER TURNTABLES