Thorens TD 160 super sub-platter query

classic analog rigs Thorens, Garrard, Lenco, EMT, etc..

Moderators: setup1, setup2

Thorens TD 160 super sub-platter query

Postby diego » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:40 am

How can I remove the sub platter on the TD 160 super? Is there a lock? Correct me if I am wrong, to access the bearing (which I plan to clean and oil ) I have to remove the sub platter. Been trying to pull it up but there seems to be a lock which prevents full removal. Thank you for any help.
diego
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Thorens TD 160 super sub-platter query

Postby hypertriode » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 pm

diego wrote:How can I remove the sub platter on the TD 160 super? Is there a lock? Correct me if I am wrong, to access the bearing (which I plan to clean and oil ) I have to remove the sub platter. Been trying to pull it up but there seems to be a lock which prevents full removal. Thank you for any help.

Yes there's a lock and you need to open the bottom cover to gain access to the screw that attaches the lock assembly to the plinth :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby diego » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Where is the unlocking screw located? Don't want to make the mistake of removing the wrong screw. If only I were in Manila, I would let the professionals do this. Thank you hyper.
diego
Citizen
Citizen

Postby hypertriode » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:11 pm

diego wrote:Where is the unlocking screw located? Don't want to make the mistake of removing the wrong screw. If only I were in Manila, I would let the professionals do this. Thank you hyper.

near the bearing shaft bro :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Return to IDLER TURNTABLES