Technics SL-1200 Club

Moderator: stereophile

Postby conspicuous » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:26 am

JackD201 wrote:... I mix House and Trance. I'm not fond of hip-hop and R&B....... I tried to bid for the vinyl collection of a famous disco that has been closed for some time but the owner would not part with it. Baka daw they'll revive it someday. :(

hi jack, so where do you buy vinyl for your house and trance collection? if ever you unload your used vinyl let me know amigo :)
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:28 am

Hi Meng, Welwix yup neighbors kami ni Bien of Benmar. Nasa Batingan kami beside the Baranggay hall and Rizal Science. We may not know eachother personally yet but I hope you voted for me the last 2 elections :lol:

I'm Jack Duavit :)

Hi Mael, mostly I buy online at sites where i can listen to the songs extensively before deciding. My favorites are www.djmr.com out of Montreal, Canada and www.dancerecords.com out of San Diego, CA. If I do decide to unload I'll let you know. :)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby welwix » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:52 am

Sir! meng and I are cuzins! i think youre our relative, our lola and your father are cousins! hehe small world talaga! syempre binoto namen kayo... :D
welwix
Citizen
Citizen

Postby meng-got » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:37 pm

JackD201 wrote:Hi Meng, Welwix yup neighbors kami ni Bien of Benmar. Nasa Batingan kami beside the Baranggay hall and Rizal Science. We may not know eachother personally yet but I hope you voted for me the last 2 elections :lol:

I'm Jack Duavit :)

Hi Mael, mostly I buy online at sites where i can listen to the songs extensively before deciding. My favorites are www.djmr.com out of Montreal, Canada and www.dancerecords.com out of San Diego, CA. If I do decide to unload I'll let you know. :)

:shock: WOOOW!!! sir ikaw pala yan..syempre nman binoto nmin kayo..ikaw pa!! :wink: 5 minutes walking distance lang ang bahay nimn syo... i think relatives pa namin kayo sabi ng lola ko(sumalangit nawa)

i never know sir sa profession nyo ganitong hobby pala ang gusto mo "mixing" :D matagal na po ba kayo nag spin? that's a nice thing to know about you congress man :D
meng-got
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:48 pm

WOW! Hindi lang kababayan, Kamaganak pa!!!!! Yehey!!!!!! :D Isipin niyo dito pa tayo nagkakilala sa Wiredstate? Hanep din no?

Keith and Ralph taught me how to mix in 3rd year high school and have been mixing on and off since then. Mga 1986. Almost twenty years na pala kumakabayo pa rin paminsan-minsan :lol:

Mixing is a good outlet when stressed. It takes creativity, concentration, manual dexterity (hand-eye coordination) and patience between songs. After one hour para ka nang na reset. Good to go nanaman :)

One audiophile benefit is that it develops your sense of pitch and sense of timing. One time I adjusted my speed controller for my VPI by ear. Natawa na lang si ihatejazz when he checked the speed with the strobe disc. Exacto sa 33 1/3. :lol:

I think any owner of 2 SL-1200s should get a mixer and try it out. IMHO The SL-1200 experience is not complete if you've never used it for the activity that gave it the status it has today. ;)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby meng-got » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:07 pm

JackD201 wrote:WOW! Hindi lang kababayan, Kamaganak pa!!!!! Yehey!!!!!! :D Isipin niyo dito pa tayo nagkakilala sa Wiredstate? Hanep din no?

Keith and Ralph taught me how to mix in 3rd year high school and have been mixing on and off since then. Mga 1986. Almost twenty years na pala kumakabayo pa rin paminsan-minsan :lol:

Mixing is a good outlet when stressed. It takes creativity, concentration, manual dexterity (hand-eye coordination) and patience between songs. After one hour para ka nang na reset. Good to go nanaman :)

One audiophile benefit is that it develops your sense of pitch and sense of timing. One time I adjusted my speed controller for my VPI by ear. Natawa na lang si ihatejazz when he checked the speed with the strobe disc. Exacto sa 33 1/3. :lol:

I think any owner of 2 SL-1200s should get a mixer and try it out. IMHO The SL-1200 experience is not complete if you've never used it for the activity that gave it the status it has today. ;)

hehehe.. gaya nga sabi nyo hindi maiwasan yung may sabit.. :D kasama sa laro talaga yan..nice meeting po kayo dito sa WS pag nakita ko kayo sa atin pakilala nlang ako ay si MENG... :lol:

tagal nyo na pla nag mimix...me i took it to another level na sir turntablism ngayon ang kina hihiligan ko..scratching, beat juggling.

i think you have a lot of vinyl mga 12" singles and maybe some ultimix etc. :wink:
meng-got
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:15 pm

Looking forward to that Meng! Dati marami kaming DMC, Funkymix and Ultimix even beat and sample tracks. Sayang they were all misplaced along with the New Wave. :cry: The collection now is music from a few tracks from 1999 to present. The bulk from 2003 and onwards.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby welwix » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:25 pm

JackD201 wrote:WOW! Hindi lang kababayan, Kamaganak pa!!!!! Yehey!!!!!! :D Isipin niyo dito pa tayo nagkakilala sa Wiredstate? Hanep din no?

Haha! ang galing naman.. DJ pala congressman namen.. idol!!! dapat pala kuya na tawag namin sayo :D
welwix
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:28 pm

Korek! Kuya it is! :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby aron » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:16 pm

Naiyak narin ako sa tuwa nung nabuo ko ito..last week ko lang nakumpleto. hehe. Dream come true for me! :)

trying to mix - SOS "Breakout" and Ceejay's "Whats going on"..i love vinyl! :)
aron
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:23 pm

Hey JackD, as of now, I only have 1 direct drive Technics (not a 1200 :cry: , but at least may rotary pitch control :) ) , and I am still what you may call a kabayo mixer (experienced during my HS days). :lol: :lol:

Maybe you can help me improve my (lack of) skills. :roll: It would be great if you could post all the New Wave 45 rpm remixes, along with their respective BPMs. 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby meng-got » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:24 pm

aron wrote:Naiyak narin ako sa tuwa nung nabuo ko ito..last week ko lang nakumpleto. hehe. Dream come true for me! :)

trying to mix - SOS "Breakout" and Ceejay's "Whats going on"..i love vinyl! :)

NICE SET UP IR..!!! HOPE SOMEDAY MAY SESSION NG MGA DJ's DITO SA W.S. :wink:
meng-got
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:25 pm

Congrats on your set-up, DJ ARON. :) Cool :!: 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby meng-got » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:26 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:Hey JackD, as of now, I only have 1 direct drive Technics (not a 1200 :cry: , but at least may rotary pitch control :) ) , and I am still what you may call a kabayo mixer (experienced during my HS days). :lol: :lol:

Maybe you can help me improve my (lack of) skills. :roll: It would be great if you could post all the New Wave 45 rpm remixes, along with their respective BPMs. 8)

sir madali lang po kumuha ng BPM...that's the big key for mixing and remixing music...
meng-got
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:27 pm

"What goin on...inside my heart........" Wow blast from the past! Other songs I remember in that sequence were In to You and There's No Stopping My Heart(This Time) :D

Congratulations aron!!!! Looking good!!!

MSM isa-isahin natin when you come over. ;)

aron, pssssst pahingi yosi :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby aron » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:32 pm

thanks mga sir!
eversince I was in highschool pangarap ko na talaga yung set-up na yan. Kasi we were doin mobile disco before and I was not the DJ..amuyong lang hehe. Now I have a little extra..i pursued that dream and went...

now am very happy and very PUYAT as well..haha!

mix sessions? paturo tayo kay master Jack :) Kapalit ng yosi :)

-i still have some ultimix, funkymix in that era..ang maganda sa vinyl..everytime i pull it out its like blast from the past talaga :)

vinyls forever! :)
Last edited by aron on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aron
Citizen
Citizen

Postby aron » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:35 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:Congrats on your set-up, DJ ARON. :) Cool :!: 8)

sir fritz..effective yung plastic na tinuro mo sakin..hehe:)
aron
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:35 pm

In wiredstate Tonydog is the top dog. Former pro DJ at Orange. Awesome with his Deep and West Coast house sets. :) Paturo tayo sa kanya. I am not worthy! :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby aron » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:39 pm

JackD201 wrote:In wiredstate Tonydog is the top dog. Former pro DJ at Orange. Awesome with his Deep and West Coast house sets. :) Paturo tayo sa kanya. I am not worthy! :lol:

WOW! may hidden talent pala si tonyboy..sige kulitin natin. :)
aron
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:56 pm

Back in HS, my friends and I use to collect (pirate :twisted: ) those sample New Wave tapes done by the likes of SD, TS, MUZAK, STI etc. etc. :twisted: We were not even sure if those were really done by the big boys. :lol:

We had this tape (from Muzak daw) which was quite impressive. :) It had scores of 3 New Wave songs being mixed together without sounding "kabayo". :o Galing :!: Three tables (1200s I guess 8) ) being played in unison. :)

JackD, aron, time to buy a third 1200. :twisted:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

PreviousNext

Return to TECHNICS TT