OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD (BUYER & SELLER)

Trade LPs and CDs here. No pirated materials please

Moderator: TheAnalogSource

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:30 am

feedback on recordmogul and his LP's:

my driver met-up with him at MCS. quite okay. I was allowed to bring home the classical LPs for evaluation. this is great arrangement for me.

LPs were graded ?. LPs (vinyl) look clean, so that seems fair. playing some of them revealed noise (crackle, ticks and pops) even after cacuum cleaning them, especially on soft passages indicating medium wear. i'd rate them VG-.

i noticed the jackets/albums of 3-4 LPs were actually water-damaged at lower 1/3 of album. except for 2 LPs, i'd rate the jackets G.

prices are still reasonable. i may get 3-4 from the lot.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zenaudio » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:51 pm

So far I have had good experiences with my dealings at WS

boytoy24 has a wide selection. Upfront about the condition of the LPs, reasonable price and gives a good deal when you get a few. :) Most of all very pleasant to deal with and has good service.

cybermms also has good service and makes your trip to his shop 'sulit'. :) He carries audio gear as well. Of course you can also arrange to meet at a convenient location.

From hypertriode I was able to pick up a couple of hard to find lp's.

The three are above all music lovers, you'd like to get a share of their collection ... :D

I also had one or two lp's picked up from weathertheather and ydred23, so haven't met them personally, but so far happy with the quality of lp's and service.

Hope this positive experiences of quality and service -- and reasonable prices :wink: -- are maintained. Thanks!
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:41 pm

Grading accuracy based on my recent purchases:

boytoy24 - 100%

recordmogul - 80%

gypsy - 80%

DannyC - 80% (on OPM)
Last edited by vintage_dog on Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zenaudio » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:32 pm

It's been a year since my last post on this topic :shock: , that was when I was new to vinyl.
Just to update, dozens of LPs hence :), the top two WS online sellers for me are boytoy24 and recordmogul. Thanks for making those titles available.
I agree with VD's assessment above -- I guess the quality/price ratio is a key indicator -- and for a seller it is better to be conservative in the rating (underpromise and overdeliver?). :wink:
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby conspicuous » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:00 pm

zenaudio wrote:It's been a year since my last post on this topic :shock: , that was when I was new to vinyl.
Just to update, dozens of LPs hence...

dozens??? :shock: more like hundreds! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

i agree with boytoy being tops in many aspects - price, quality, honesty, service. i believe he was also the first of the mainstream lp sellers to go amazon.com in presentation. meaning he showed the album cover on his thread. this style was usually reserved for the audiophile pressing sellers e.g., pican. :)
Last edited by conspicuous on Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:23 pm

conspicuous wrote:
zenaudio wrote:It's been a year since my last post on this topic :shock: , that was when I was new to vinyl.
Just to update, dozens of LPs hence...

dozens??? :shock: more like hundreds! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

i agree with boytoy being tops in many aspects - price, quality, honesty, service.

Isn't a hundred 8 dozens? :lol:

Yes, boytoy is tops in the aspects you mentioned.
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 am

feedback on novblue:

vintage_dog wrote:i dropped by the Blueroom late PM saturday and picked-up 6 of the reserved LPs:

1. ASIN / Sinta Himig Kayumanggi 2 / Vicor Music Corporation, Philippines / VG+ / NM / 400
4. TILLIE MORENO / Looks Like Love / WEA Records, Philippines / VG+ / VG / 300
Philippines / VG / VG+ / 600
11.VARIOUS ARTIST / Parangal kay Constancio C. De Guzman / WEA Records, Philippines / VG+ / VG+ / 300
12.BOYFRIENDS / Boyfriends 3 / Canary Records, Philippines / VG / VG+ / 300
23.RYAN CAYABYAB / One / 1981 Jem Recording Co., Inc., Philippines / VG+ / VG / 300
18.BASIL VALDEZ / Best of Basil / 1981, Blackgold Records, Philippines / NM / VG+ / 200

LPs were visually rated at about VG-VG+ by seller.
Actual findings:
vinyls are G on some, rest VG, one VG+
covers are G/VG, except 2 which had plastic cover
most vinyl are soiled (dust and sand), needing cleaning.
some covers are worn with side splits
2 LPs have minor warps but playable
a few did not have inner sleeves.
the Best of Basil had a different vinyl inside: "Corners of the Sky".
the Boyfriends had a deep cut and skips.

total amount paid: p1500 (before i tested them)

my rating of seller based on this experience:

hospitality of seller (raffy ignacio): VG
quality of records vs rating as advertised: POOR
pricing vs quality/expectation: POOR

overall experience: DISAPPOINTING

i have temporarily locked this thread and removed the listing of the LPs until:

- all LPs are properly cleaned and rated.
- all G-rated vinyl should be removed for sale
- the correct vinyl on the Best of Basil is supplied
- pricing is re-adjusted based on quality
- Boyfriends record (which skips) is replaced
- sample LPs are supplied for calibrations and re-qualification.

raffy, you may contact me at 0917-621-5056

added 9/18, 1:17pm:

raffy called me just now to remind me i missed out posting that i also got a Cinderella LP (cover:G/vinyl: VG). yes, i got the LP. (look at original post, 3rd line, there's an LP priced 600 with no title. that's the Cinderella).

raffy informed me when i met him that the rating/posting was done by someone else (eros) and not him. i hope eros can make the necessary adjustments accordingly.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby arnoldc » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:48 am

Attention Flavi...

I received a complaint from a member who reserved an item you posted here only to find out it has been sold at your store. Bakit pinapunta mo pa sya when the item was sold? At bakit mo binenta dun when it was reserved here? Mahirap ba mag text? Ang layo nung tao from MegaMall and the traffic going there is a nightmare.

This is your first warning.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby zetroce » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:27 pm

Ronnie and I got some hard-to-find OPM LPs from the Blue Room today. The covers range from G to VG but the LPs are VG to ?. I got one Bong Penera LP ( Self-titled ), for a reasonable price. :D Ronnie got 1 Cecil Licad LP as well, and a Side A Album with Eva Marie. There are lots more in his stash, but we lack time. :( Thanks Raffy for accommodating us and we'll be coming back, sooner than you think.... :D
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby Superman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:31 pm

zetroce wrote:Ronnie and I got some hard-to-find OPM LPs from the Blue Room today. The covers range from G to VG but the LPs are VG to ?. I got one Bong Penera LP ( Self-titled ), for a reasonable price. :D Ronnie got 1 Cecil Licad LP as well, and a Side A Album with Eva Marie. There are lots more in his stash, but we lack time. :( Thanks Raffy for accommodating us and we'll be coming back, sooner than you think.... :D

SWERTE! :D :D :D ...lalo na yang Side A :cry:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby zetroce » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:44 pm

Superman wrote:
zetroce wrote:Ronnie and I got some hard-to-find OPM LPs from the Blue Room today. The covers range from G to VG but the LPs are VG to ?. I got one Bong Penera LP ( Self-titled ), for a reasonable price. :D Ronnie got 1 Cecil Licad LP as well, and a Side A Album with Eva Marie. There are lots more in his stash, but we lack time. :( Thanks Raffy for accommodating us and we'll be coming back, sooner than you think.... :D

BTW, Side A Album is sealed!!! :twisted:
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby Superman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:27 pm

zetroce wrote:
Superman wrote:

BTW, Side A Album is sealed!!! :twisted:

Doble swerte! :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby John Martin » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:45 pm

Very Good Sellers w/ excellent post sales service:

1. George Mabasa aka IHJ
2. FLD
3. Hypertriode (what can I say!!!) hehe
4. enzolm
5. VSA boys (jack, keith)
6. marty_e

Good Buyers:

1. Jopet
2. bbb
3. cia
4. Bruno
5. joeyGS
6. enzolm
7. Stereophile (how can I forget)
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby yellowpaper » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:42 pm

"...Everyone makes mistakes in grading. It is easy to use a VG + record as NM (M-) when you are attempting to sell it. This is a problem all dealers and collectors are prone to make and must be aware of. So don’t condemn a dealer for one mistake, but make him/her aware; but, when the mistake is the norm, find someone else to buy your records from."

There is a guy who owns a record shop at MCS besides Sensible Audio, who unfortunately doesn’t grade his LPs according to W.S. rules. I’m pretty sure he has been in this business for more than a decade or two. He rated a locally pressed lp as VG+ wherein its so obvious it’s a G. The scratches are feelable and there are other obvious blemishes or scuffs. OK so the above quote means I should be more forgiving but two or more LPs not correctly graded is something to get the alarm going. Maybe its me and I don’t mean to be so picky but when someone says VG+ I expect it to be in a such condition whether its visual graded or play graded and mind you I don’t have these problems with Pican, Boytoy, IHJ, Superman, Recordmogul, Vinylism, Khan99, Gypsy or dannyb which make their products a bargain compared to his and I’ve been dealing with some of them for more than a year or two or maybe more.

So, anyway I called his attention to it and in fairness he advised me to return it exchange if I'm not satisfied and this was after I played graded the LP in his shop. Well, ok, thanks very much, but had he correctly graded them I don’t see myself braving the traffic to go this shop and had I not verbally mentioned it God knows if he will volunteer to rectify it as good faith. I guess thats wishful thinking on my part.

Sorry but I’ll have no choice but to rate his shop as -1
yellowpaper
Citizen
Citizen

Location: Colorado, Washington, DC, Alaska, Oregon and counting

Postby Bebop » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:10 pm

yellowpaper wrote:"...Everyone makes mistakes in grading. It is easy to use a VG + record as NM (M-) when you are attempting to sell it. This is a problem all dealers and collectors are prone to make and must be aware of. So don’t condemn a dealer for one mistake, but make him/her aware; but, when the mistake is the norm, find someone else to buy your records from."

There is a guy who owns a record shop at MCS besides Sensible Audio, who unfortunately doesn’t grade his LPs according to W.S. rules. I’m pretty sure he has been in this business for more than a decade or two. He rated a locally pressed lp as VG+ wherein its so obvious it’s a G. The scratches are feelable and there are other obvious blemishes or scuffs. OK so the above quote means I should be more forgiving but two or more LPs not correctly graded is something to get the alarm going. Maybe its me and I don’t mean to be so picky but when someone says VG+ I expect it to be in a such condition whether its visual graded or play graded and mind you I don’t have these problems with Pican, Boytoy, IHJ, Superman, Recordmogul, Vinylism, Khan99, Gypsy or dannyb which make their products a bargain compared to his and I’ve been dealing with some of them for more than a year or two or maybe more.

So, anyway I called his attention to it and in fairness he advised me to return it exchange if I'm not satisfied and this was after I played graded the LP in his shop. Well, ok, thanks very much, but had he correctly graded them I don’t see myself braving the traffic to go this shop and had I not verbally mentioned it God knows if he will volunteer to rectify it as good faith. I guess thats wishful thinking on my part.

Mr YP,

Una sa lahat inaamin ko nagkamali ako grading sa Basil lp. Kaya nang dumating ka at tngnan k un laman pahiya ako sa sarili ko at inunuhan na kita at sinabi kung di malinis di ba? Pero pina playgrade mo pa din (baligtaran pa nga) kala ko papasa pa din kahit ganun kundisyon. Un iba mga plaka patugtog din natin para tayong nagjaming! Oks naman, so natapos din at nang magbabayaran na humihingi ka pa discount at sabi mo bawasan para suki na tayo. Pero din kita napagbigyan , cencya na.
Cncya na din sa trapik na sinuong mo, pero ala yan sa pinagdadaanan namin tindero ng plaka para makakuha ng plaka pambenta.
Saka sa pagpresyo ng plaka wag na sana icompare sa iba , ibat iba pinangalingan, dahilan pagkuha plaka, condition, overhead, kaalaman sa binebenta atbp. Ibig mo bang sabihin ako pinakamataas magbenta plaka?

Ayos lang sana, marunong din naman ako tumangap pagpuna kaya lang sa huli binanggit mo pa God at parang pinahiwatig mo pa na dishonest ako. Hwg Naman at baka wala nang magtiwala sakin.

nagpapaunawa,
the guy who owns a record shop in MCS
Last edited by Bebop on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bebop
Master
Master

Postby handyboy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Bebop wrote:
nagpapaunawa,

Ikaw ba yun??? nakow!!!! :D
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby redspecial » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Bebop wrote:
yellowpaper wrote:"...Everyone makes mistakes in grading. It is easy to use a VG + record as NM (M-) when you are attempting to sell it. This is a problem all dealers and collectors are prone to make and must be aware of. So don’t condemn a dealer for one mistake, but make him/her aware; but, when the mistake is the norm, find someone else to buy your records from."

Mr YP,

Una sa lahat inaamin ko nagkamali ako grading sa Basil lp. Kaya nang dumating ka at tngnan k un laman pahiya ako sa sarili ko at inunuhan na kita at sinabi kung di malinis di ba? Pero pina playgrade mo pa din (baligtaran pa nga) kala ko papasa pa din kahit ganun kundisyon. Un iba mga plaka patugtog din natin para tayong nagjaming! Oks naman, so natapos din at nang magbabayaran na humihingi ka pa discount at sabi mo bawasan para suki na tayo. Pero din kita napagbigyan , cencya na.
Cncya na din sa trapik na sinuong mo, pero ala yan sa pinagdadaanan namin tindero ng plaka para makakuha ng plaka pambenta.
Saka sa pagpresyo ng plaka wag na sana icompare sa iba , ibat iba pinangalingan, dahilan pagkuha plaka, condition, overhead, kaalaman sa binebenta atbp. Ibig mo bang sabihin ako pinakamataas magbenta plaka?

Ayos lang sana, marunong din naman ako tumangap pagpuna kaya lang sa huli binanggit mo pa God at parang pinahiwatig mo pa na dishonest ako. Hwg Naman at baka wala nang magtiwala sakin.

nagpapaunawa,

I've had my share of wrong ratings on lps and I'd like to believe that a lot of us went through this. I understand how both parties (yp and bebop) are feeling.

But I always go to this saying: If you like my service, tell everyone. If you don't like my service, tell me.

Mahirap naman siguro na ipaalam pa sa iba yung hindi niyo pagkakaunawaan. At least bebop is honest to say that he made a mistake. If let's say bebop has not been honest enough to admit he made a mistake and even throw the blame on the buyer, by all means let all be informed.

Hindi sa pinagtatanggol ko si bebop in fact I had my experiences of less than favorable dealings with him but he always make it a point to talk to me about any problems. At tapos nun wala na, areglado na.

My point here is kung napag-usapan o naareglo na, wag nang i-post dito. This goes to any buyer or seller. Ipost lang kung ayaw ma-settle ang issue. This destroys any camaraderie between anyone here from WS.

As for bebop, siguro dagdag ingat pa sa rating ng plaka. I know you will be careful next time.
redspecial
Citizen
Citizen

Postby merlin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:36 pm

Ok ka deal si Bob. I've been buying lps from him since the mid '90s. Also had my share of returned purchases but did not experience difficulty in replacing or refunding my purchases.
merlin
Legend
Legend

Postby jopet » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:08 pm

I dont have any problem with bob, am newbie in collecting bp's and bob is one of the first guy who helped me which lp's to get, ..... ang maganda pa, pwede soli pag may problema :D
jopet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby handyboy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Si bob???? Pwede na.....UK pressing ba yan??? :D
handyboy
Pound for Pound

PreviousNext

Return to MARKETPLACE - Software