The MOST quiet Aircon

contains off-topic and miscellaneous discussions on anything and everything other than audio -- jokes, inspirational articles.

Moderators: audiostar, dante

The MOST quiet Aircon

Postby John Martin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:33 pm

Im thinking of changing my window type aircon in my listening area to a split type aircon. Im not sure of what to get now coz split ype a/c's are generally quiet. What's the most quiet split type a/c and suggest a quiet window type also. Thanks.
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dante » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:52 pm

Mitsubishi split type with the floor standing interior unit is supposed to be the quietest but I settled for a Kolin because the prices were way higher for the Mitsubishis.
dante
cool dude

Postby derby » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi!

I have a hitachi 3/4 hp aircon which is as quiet as a split-type wall mounter a/c. even at maximum settings. It's also cheaper! :)
derby
Citizen
Citizen

Postby brubeck » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:53 pm

db ratings for both indoor and outdoor units ( split types ) are usually quoted on the spec stickers found on each unit. when i was shopping around 4 years ago, the most quiet units were from national and daikin. we got daikins for all our rooms as well as the sala and they've proven to be very efficient ( low electric bills ) and fuss free. just don't forget to have them pulled down yearly for general cleaning ( indoor units ).
brubeck
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:57 pm

I just bought a new split type for our new office in Cebu. I can't hear a thing... It is a Carrier.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby dudong » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:15 pm

hi john

i've been thru 4 split types already in one icu type room in the house, 2 sharps, a mitsubishi and am currently using a panasonic (the ac runs 24/7 no rest)

the national/panasonic has been in service the longest, sadly the mitsubishi didn't last that long

window types are generally very reliable, split types have a lot more reasons to @#*% up, electronics and leaky tubing are the usual suspects

i say you go with a panasonic and suggest you up the rating higher than what your room requires, your ac will thank you for that when the heat of summer arrives

hth
dudong
Citizen
Citizen

Postby yahoohoohoo! » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:16 pm

i guess all split types are quiet since the motor/compressor is separated. almost all window type brands i tried create hum/noise to a certain degree.
am happy with my panasonic split type though..
yahoohoohoo!
Citizen
Citizen

Postby accastil » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:33 pm

the panasonic window type is the most quiet A/C in the house. i purposely chose it for the audio room. im not sure though if they still have this distinction among split A/C design.
accastil
Citizen
Citizen

Postby John Martin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:49 pm

accastil wrote:the panasonic window type is the most quiet A/C in the house. i purposely chose it for the audio room. im not sure though if they still have this distinction among split A/C design.

Really! How many Hp is it? Is Panasonic the most quiet window type?
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Hyperion » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:52 pm

I have a mitsubishi 2.5hp split type on my listening area and its been doing well since the past 2.5 years. I like it because it is silent and its air is fanned out of it in a subtle and unceremonious manner.

If window types are now as quiet as split type - I am getting one for my bedroom pronto!
Hyperion

Postby accastil » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm

John Martin wrote:
accastil wrote:the panasonic window type is the most quiet A/C in the house. i purposely chose it for the audio room. im not sure though if they still have this distinction among split A/C design.

Really! How many Hp is it? Is Panasonic the most quiet window type?

i hope so :)...its the one ive been using for the audio room.

but of course any split type design would be better as far as generated noise is concerned.
accastil
Citizen
Citizen

Postby katwoman » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:09 pm

hi john! being a constant visitor of dudong in his house, i truly agree that panasonic is the best.. i am using a carrier for my ht, di ako gaanong satisfied..

my mom just bought 2 carrier window-types for their room and for my bro's room, and it didn't even take six months to show trouble... (strange clunky noises, nagyeyelo, etc..)

so i bought a panasonic for my room and about to buy another panasonic for the ht... goodluck aircon-hunting!!! keep us posted!
katwoman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby accastil » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:13 pm

there is one very obvious and common nuisance with panasonic A/C though...they generate too much water flow. parang umuulan sa tapat ng aircon...hehehe
accastil
Citizen
Citizen

Postby John Martin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:16 pm

no problem ang tulo sa labas. Will go for the Panasonic window instead. I need 2 hp at least. Its the best time of the year to buy one, mas lower prices coz demand is low.

Thanks for the inputs.
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:31 pm

i have 10 units of the panasonic/national window AC (2 are 2hp, rest are 1.5/1hp) at home and while they are "quiet", i have found them still noisier than what i expected. otoh, the panasonic split-type in my listening area which has the functional "Quiet" feature (plus ionizer, power, etc), is very quiet. am thinking of replacing the window type in our bedroom to a split-type.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sinar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:42 am

john, i'd also go for the panasonic. we have both the split type and window type. if you get the window type, just be sure to have it install properly, like enough foam on the sides of the casing because one of the reason why window types are noisy than split type is because of the rattling of the casing from the motor inside. so dapat, it sits properly sa butas ng wall mo.
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:14 am

panasonic
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby triokenwood » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:59 pm

panasonic din
triokenwood
Citizen
Citizen

Postby John Martin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:11 pm

Got a Panasonic 2 HP split type for my listening area. Quiet enough although the Mitsubishi might seem more quiet.
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:41 am

Just ordered a 1 1/2 hp split type National Panasonic inverter series for our bedroom. Feedback from friends their electric bills dropped considerably with this new technology. Will provide feedback on the noise level once installed. :?
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to TIME OUT!