Pinoy Music Summit (March 19 2014)

NEWS, Announcements, Greetings, Schedules, EBs, listening sessions, lectures, shoot-outs, field trips, gimmicks, etc. for WS members only...

Moderators: vintage_dog, audiostar

Pinoy Music Summit (March 19 2014)

Postby myaudio » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:14 am

Hi Guys!

Lifting portions from the official post concerning this event (discussion on the state of Philippine Local Music Industry):

Music industry stakeholders will convene to push our local music industry to greater heights at the Pinoy Music Summit 2014: Basta Pinoy , Push Mo Yan! on March 19, 2014 (Wednesday) at the Diosdado Macapagal Hall, Landbank Plaza Bldg. located at 1598 M.H. Del Pilar cor. Dr. J. Quintos Sts., Malate, Manila.

The Pinoy Music Summit 2014: Basta Pinoy , Push Mo Yan! is a conference which aims to unite various players in the music industry in making conscious commitments to the development and promotion of original Filipino music. -
The convenors of the Pinoy Music summit are led by the Filipino Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, Inc.(FILSCAP), along with the Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang-aawit (OPM), Philippine Association of Recording Industry (PARI), Assosasyon ng Musikong Pilipino Foundation Inc. (AMP), Music Copyright Administrators of the Philippines (MCAP) and PHILPOP Foundation.

Facebook page for the Summit event is here
https://www.facebook.com/PinoyMusicSummit2014?fref=ts

And here is another page
http://www.clickthecity.com/events/details.php?id=21772

Updates on the event as it happens will be posted by organizers thru the event's Facebook page. Everyone is encouraged to participate by filling up the survey form, found at the event's FB page.

The event is by-invitation only due to limited seats.
Last edited by myaudio on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Pinoy Music Summit (March 19 2014)

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 am

They are actually inviting us to throw in ideas and suggestions via their FB site. Posted several suggestions myself.

WS members who are into OPM might wish to do the same. :D
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby takussa » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 am

:)
takussa
Citizen
Citizen

Postby makinao » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:24 pm

"What do you think: Baduy ba ang Pinoy Music?"
"Pinoy Music: Dead and dying or alive and kicking? Why?"

I don't understand why a group that is trying to "Creating a vibrant and sustainable music industry anchored on original Filipino music" is asking such questions. There is so much good music out there, and all the musicians and composers I hang with are soooooo busy making it. I think this group is made up of inept music industry people who are responsible for the collapse of the industry.
Last edited by makinao on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makinao
Citizen
Citizen

Postby takussa » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:27 pm

makinao wrote:"What do you think: Baduy ba ang Pinoy Music?"

I don't understand why a group that is trying to "Creating a vibrant and sustainable music industry anchored on original Filipino music" is asking such questions. There is so much good music out there, and all the musicians and composers I hang with are soooooo busy making it. I think this group is made up of inept the music industry people who are responsible for the collapse of the industry.

haha they do have some odd posts and replies. but imho i find it 'good' to support the likes who promote these kinds of movements/music be it good or bad nowadays :)

idadaan ko na lang sa kamot :)
takussa
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:32 pm

takussa wrote:
makinao wrote:"What do you think: Baduy ba ang Pinoy Music?"

I don't understand why a group that is trying to "Creating a vibrant and sustainable music industry anchored on original Filipino music" is asking such questions. There is so much good music out there, and all the musicians and composers I hang with are soooooo busy making it. I think this group is made up of inept the music industry people who are responsible for the collapse of the industry.

haha they do have some odd posts and replies. but imho i find it 'good' to support the likes who promote these kinds of movements/music be it good or bad nowadays :)

idadaan ko na lang sa kamot :)

Good points,bros. Maybe they are trying to enlist reactions like the one you posted here which I think is worth sharing there.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 am

Wired State got a thank-you shout-out from the Pinoy Music Summit organizers led by Noel Cabangon, Ogie Alcasid and Ryan Cayabyab along with practically all the prime movers of OPM. 8)
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 am

sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:33 am

This happens today.

What do you think should the various OPM organizations do to push OPM in the 21st century beyond enforcing a must-play-1-song-every-30-minute rule in all radio stations?

In case you're free today, you can head for their FB site and contribute your insights to their discussions in real time.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Return to HEAR YE, HEAR YE