Dimfer Goes to Newport Beach Audio Show 2013

NEWS, Announcements, Greetings, Schedules, EBs, listening sessions, lectures, shoot-outs, field trips, gimmicks, etc. for WS members only...

Moderators: vintage_dog, audiostar

Re: Dimfer Goes to Newport Beach Audio Show 2013

Postby dimfer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:16 am

detubo wrote:thanks for the great report ding. i just wanted to ask you if Metrum Audio, the makers of the Hex High Rez NOS DAC, was represented at the show.

I checked the THE guide, wala.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 am

jadis wrote:
dimfer wrote:Glad you like the report so far!

Phil, I was using my Olympus M5-OMD with the kits lens and a .45 wide adaptor. I can appreciate it's size, tamang tama lang kahit maghapong bitbit 8)

The pictures where you can see me were taken by my wife, she was using a Sanyo Xacti CG65

thanks ding. i'll run a search for that model and take a look.

popular 'yang OM-D sa mga WS members, merong dedicated thread dito
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby detubo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:14 am

dimfer wrote:
detubo wrote:thanks for the great report ding. i just wanted to ask you if Metrum Audio, the makers of the Hex High Rez NOS DAC, was represented at the show.

thanks. I'm curious about the sound of a NOS High Rez DAC kasi.
detubo
Master
Master

Postby randybarba » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks for sharing Ding. Very nice and detailed report. Masarap basahin, :) . Malapit lang pala sa LA yan, I was in LA last May. Too bad I had to fly back home by May 14.
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 pm

detubo wrote:
dimfer wrote:

thanks. I'm curious about the sound of a NOS High Rez DAC kasi.

I googled it up, it has a nice review at 6moons. My MP64 has NOS dac as well, I think you will like it if you are playing high resolution files, it is well written that NOS DAC is better than upsampling DAC because it does not mess with the data anymore, therefore you get a less colored output.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 pm

randybarba wrote:Thanks for sharing Ding. Very nice and detailed report. Masarap basahin, :) . Malapit lang pala sa LA yan, I was in LA last May. Too bad I had to fly back home by May 14.

welcome Doc, glad you liked the report. I took my time with the target rooms this time. I will usually take picture pagkapasok then listen. Although I am listening maybe a little different from the usual audiophile context. I tried not to be technical and analytical. If the systems does not obviously sound bad because of bloat, bass overhang or scream and the music draws me in, I sat it sound good.

Sayang, di mo inabutan. It is onnly around 50 miles from LA and approximately less than an hour drive kung walang trapik. It is a beautiful place too, sulit pasyalan
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to HEAR YE, HEAR YE