WHAT MUSIC MAGs/PUBLICATION(s) DO YOU READ and/or COLLECT?

NEWS, Announcements, Greetings, Schedules, EBs, listening sessions, lectures, shoot-outs, field trips, gimmicks, etc. for WS members only...

Moderators: vintage_dog, audiostar

WHAT MUSIC MAGs/PUBLICATION(s) DO YOU READ and/or COLLECT?

Postby 99khan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:53 pm

I have been a DOWN BEAT magazine reader and collector since that late 70s. I have over 300 issues now in my collection, some from the '60s. I don't touch earlier years UNLESS I like the cover story and/or artist featured.

I also read JAZZ TIMES, use to collect JAZZIZ (not anymore, sold almost all issues), have many issues of JAZZ JOURNAL INTERNATIONAL, London (use to be a foreign correspondent there writing about international artists visiting the country), JAZZ WISE (U.K), and BASS and GUITAR PLAYER magazines depending on artist(s).

Any of you care to share music publications your regularly read or collect? Maiba naman. :rock:
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: WHAT MUSIC MAGs/PUBLICATION(s) DO YOU READ and/or COLLECT?

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:28 pm

I collect the Rolling Stone Yearbooks and select issues of this counterculture magazine. I also collect Acoustic Guitar and Q Music Magazine.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby kabubi » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 am

mababaw lang ang kaligayahan ko. dito lang sa mga pahinang ito, masaya na ako :D :D :D

Grin Page. Mga personal ads. mga kanta at chords nila. mga retrato ng mga nagagandahang kolehiyala. insert na may guitar instructional. paminsan-minsan may tula ni Pablo Neruda, ang Desiderata. and would you believe, may mga kontribusyon nina Penny Azaron, Eric Caruncho, Pocholo Concepcion, Juaniyo Arcellana, Ric de Ungria, etc. nuong bata pa sila.

priceless, ika nga.
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby 99khan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 am

Nice one Buboy. Priceless yan. Kamusta pare?

kabubi wrote:mababaw lang ang kaligayahan ko. dito lang sa mga pahinang ito, masaya na ako :D :D :D

Grin Page. Mga personal ads. mga kanta at chords nila. mga retrato ng mga nagagandahang kolehiyala. insert na may guitar instructional. paminsan-minsan may tula ni Pablo Neruda, ang Desiderata. and would you believe, may mga kontribusyon nina Penny Azaron, Eric Caruncho, Pocholo Concepcion, Juaniyo Arcellana, Ric de Ungria, etc. nuong bata pa sila.

priceless, ika nga.
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bebop » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:06 am

kabubi wrote:mababaw lang ang kaligayahan ko. dito lang sa mga pahinang ito, masaya na ako :D :D :D

priceless, ika nga.

+1 master kabubs :clap:
yan lang source/reference nung kabataan ni mogul he he
galeng reviews ni Juaniyo A
Bebop
Master
Master

Postby planarribbon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:53 am

Sound+Vision
planarribbon
Citizen
Citizen

Postby theng » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 am

classic rock and mojo magazines.
theng
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sumnerbrowne » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 pm

priceless, ika nga.

Mahal na ang Jingle ngayon. Mas mahal pa minsan as RS. Hard to find kasi.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby tonysalvador » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:48 pm

on different occasions, i used to subscribe to cadence, jazztimes, and downbeat.

once in a while i get hold of a copy of signal to noise. i typically take a look at usually the 2 jazz pages in Scherzo (classical and opera)
at a library in Manila.

i have been trying to get a hold of Coda for the longest time. I also used to take a look at cuadernos de jazz,
which is now available online.
tonysalvador
Citizen
Citizen

Postby 99khan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 am

Yes, CODA from Canada. I have a few copies laying around here somewhere. I love looking through their extensive LP catalog that cover much of the middle pages. How are you Tony and what are you up to? Tahimik. Any trips? :call:
tonysalvador wrote:on different occasions, i used to subscribe to cadence, jazztimes, and downbeat.

once in a while i get hold of a copy of signal to noise. i typically take a look at usually the 2 jazz pages in Scherzo (classical and opera)
at a library in Manila.

i have been trying to get a hold of Coda for the longest time. I also used to take a look at cuadernos de jazz,
which is now available online.
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby stockmode » Mon May 06, 2013 1:04 am

will definitely bookmark this thread. I on rely on the internet for my music info.. never had a chance to subscribe to any real music mag except for Pulp.
stockmode
Citizen
Citizen

Return to HEAR YE, HEAR YE