Manila Collective: Dante's New Coffee Shop

Sponsors: dante

Re: dante: FS Freshly Roasted Specialty Coffee - Oct 23 Update!

Postby O.D. Yeo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:37 pm

dante wrote:
O.D. Yeo wrote:Hi Dante,
Brazil Moreninha Formosa, Cerrado Mineiro Estate - P500 per 200 grams.

Sure, Billy. Whole beans, right?

That's right, Dante.
O.D. Yeo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: dante: FS Freshly Roasted Specialty Coffee - Oct 24 Update!

Postby dante » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:50 am

Still raining Ethiopians! And more!

La Esmeralda Gesha. Three (3) First Place finishes at the Specialty Coffee Association of America cuppings, 2nd Place this year, consistent Best of Panama winner since 1994. Nuff said. Google it. Enjoy it. I'm pricing conservatively at P800 per 200 grams so that it will be very affordable to my coffeegeek friends on WS. I roasted a small batch for myself last weekend and started tasting it at 1,2, and now 5 days rest. This is one of the best coffees I have tasted. Smooth, fruity, chocolatey finish, complex. Excellent for any type of brewing. And great anytime of the day. Pamper yourselves and your guests to this great bean. As with all my coffees, this is current crop year harvest.

Ethiopia Kochere Wet Processed Yirgachefe - P500 per 200g pack. A traditional Yirg, processed wet, the traditional way. Good acidity, hints of lime and lemon, malty and complex. Great from hot to cool. In fact, it gets sweeter as it cools in your cup! Very nice body and mouthfeel, typical of good Yirgs. Smooth and full bodied. I'd say that this is an all day coffee.

Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo - P500 per 200g pack. Fruit Punch! Amazingly different from the Yirg, considering that they come from the same country. Coffee with cherry. Blueberries. Your taste buds will be given a workout by this coffee. It is one of the most complex coffees that I have roasted. Enjoyable from the time you open the pack and sniff it, up to when you drink the last drop of it from your cup. A coffee for sipping and savoring. Definitely a conversation stopper.

Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley Yirgachefe - P600 per 200g pack. This is gone and will be sorely missed.

Ethiopia Bagersh Harrar - P500 per 200g pack. Big, bold African flavors - blueberries and nuts. And aroma to die for! This is a classic African coffee, dry processed and great for any type of coffeemaker. Fantastic waker upper!

Brazil Moreninha Formosa, Cerrado Mineiro Estate. A sweet, smooth fresh Brazil with terrific body, nice fruit and just a hint of nuttiness. This is a full natural coffee dried on raised African beds. Chocolate covered cherries. Another perfect choice for espresso. Fantastic lunch or afternoon coffee. New stock has arrived. One of my best sellers. - P500 per 200 grams.

Costa Rica La Minita Tarrazu - P600 per 200g pack. Every Internet coffee place will tell you how great a coffee the Tarazzu arabica from La Minita Farms is! It is the quintessential coffee from Central America - smooth, full bodied. Suave with a long finish. Very enjoyable any time of the day, but really perfect in the evenings after a nice dinner.

Sumatra Lintong arabica semi-washed processed, earthy and full flavored. Makes for a Big Coffee taste in the cup, whatever your brewing method is. Compare with the Harrar. This is morning coffee. A waker-upper. Think jungle wildness. - P500 per 200 grams

Philippine arabica from Sultan Kudarat - P250 per 200 grams. We now believe that this is not pure arabica coffee. The unusual fruit flavor and bean size says liberica, but the bean shape says arabica. It is a novelty coffee, with a novel taste.

Sagada arabica is back in stock - P250 per 200 grams.
Benguet arabica likewise available again - P250 per 200 grams

Costa Rica Swiss Water Process Decaf is now available. Nobody will believe that this is Decaf. The body and mouthfeel suggest a very good Central American coffee. All the flavor characteristics of a good Central, sans the caffeine! I take this even at midnight, with no caffeine kick. Great for evenings. And anytime of the day for the caffeine-sensitive among us! - P550 per 200 gram pack.

The Gesha is here! The big news is I bagged a small lot of the new rage of the coffee world - Gesha beans from the La Esmeralda Farm in Panama. Google La Esmeralda Gesha. A small batch has arrived and I have to say that it deserves all the hype that it has been getting worldwide! I have not worked out pricing yet, (I already have, as of Oct 24!) but I will post the prices soon. If I don't go through the entire stock myself in the meantime. :wink:

Buying tips: buy only enough coffee for one week use, maximum two weeks. I can grind it for you, but you will get the best results if you grind the beans yourselves just before you brew your coffee.

Storage tips: I pack roasted coffee in resealable bags but they are not as airtight as the Ziplocks. Best way to keep them fresh is to store them in those Lock and Lock airtight containers and keep them in your pantry - NOT IN THE REF! Refrigerating coffee will expose them to condensation every time you take the container out of the ref to get your daily dose. Room temperature is best. And brew your beans no later than 2 weeks after the roast date. I will indicate the roasting date of your coffee for your guidance.

Aeropress available again. At the same prices - P1,900 per unit.

Delivery service is available via 2Go. P150 for up to 600g of coffee within 2Go's "Serviceable" areas - this means the big cities like Angeles, Baguio, or even CDO, Davao and Cebu. This is usually next day delivery, which is pretty good.

I am still working on the mechanics of a coffee subscription service. Mechanics to be announced soon.

Orders may be PMed or texted to me. Makati or Pasig pick up if you're in a hurry for your coffee.

Thank you!
dante
cool dude

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:09 am

Dante,

1 pack Yirgachefe for me :) I'll pick it up monday :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby dante » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:17 am

Jon Agner wrote:Dante,

1 pack Yirgachefe for me :) I'll pick it up monday :)

Good choice, Pards. Monday it is! Don Camote gets his on Monday as well. Thanks guys!
dante
cool dude

Postby sinar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:58 pm

hi dante :) two packs of ethiopian harrar for me this coming monday also. thanks.
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:45 pm

sinar wrote:hi dante :) two packs of ethiopian harrar for me this coming monday also. thanks.

Of course, Jeanne! Monday it is with your usual. Thanks!
dante
cool dude

Postby enzolm » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:41 am

Hello Dante,

One bag of Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo for me please.

( I swear it causes me more angst to choose which coffee to buy based on your descriptions than to choose a vinyl reissue ).
enzolm
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:26 pm

enzolm wrote:Hello Dante,

One bag of Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo for me please.

( I swear it causes me more angst to choose which coffee to buy based on your descriptions than to choose a vinyl reissue ).

Good choice, Ricky. You can send for your beans on Thursday. And you have another P500 credit after this, so banat lang! Hehehe.
dante
cool dude

Postby enzolm » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Dante,

Please add the following to my order:

One ( 1 ) pack: Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo, and
One ( 1 ) pack : La Esmeralda Gesha

Looks like you hooked one more from my end of town. Can i pick these up on Thursday too?

Thanks
enzolm
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:53 pm

enzolm wrote:Dante,

Looks like you hooked one more from my end of town. Can i pick these up on Thursday too?

Thanks

Sure, Bro. So, that makes it two (2) packs of the Sidamo and 1 pack of the Gesha?
dante
cool dude

Postby enzolm » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:43 am

dante wrote:
enzolm wrote:Dante,

Thanks

Sure, Bro. So, that makes it two (2) packs of the Sidamo and 1 pack of the Gesha?

Yes. That is correct. I won't be at the office on Thursday though. Will pick them up on Friday na lang.

Many thanks and regards.
enzolm
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:41 am

Dante,

1 200 gram Harrar for me, this time :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Re: dante: FS Freshly Roasted Specialty Coffee - Dec 9 Update!

Postby dante » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:00 pm

Last call for Christmas Orders

I am swamped with orders so please let me know asap what your preferences are if you want to get your coffee before Christmas! :D

The new arrival is the Colombia Supremo.

La Esmeralda Gesha. Three (3) First Place finishes at the Specialty Coffee Association of America cuppings, 2nd Place this year, consistent Best of Panama winner since 1994. Nuff said. Google it. Enjoy it. I'm pricing conservatively at P800 per 200 grams so that it will be very affordable to my coffeegeek friends on WS. I am going through my own stock very quickly. This is one of the best coffees I have tasted. Smooth, fruity, chocolatey finish, complex. Excellent for any type of brewing. And great anytime of the day. Pamper yourselves and your guests to this great bean this holiday season. As with all my coffees, this is current crop year harvest.

Ethiopia Kochere Wet Processed Yirgachefe - P500 per 200g pack. A traditional Yirg, processed wet, the traditional way. Good acidity, hints of lime and lemon, malty and complex. Great from hot to cool. In fact, it gets sweeter as it cools in your cup! Very nice body and mouth feel, typical of good Yirgs. Smooth and full bodied. I'd say that this is an all day coffee.

Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo - P500 per 200g pack. Fruit Punch! Amazingly different from the Yirg, considering that they come from the same country. Coffee with cherry. Blueberries. Your taste buds will be given a workout by this coffee. It is one of the most complex coffees that I have roasted. Enjoyable from the time you open the pack and sniff it, up to when you drink the last drop of it from your cup. A coffee for sipping and savoring. Definitely a conversation stopper. This was the best seller during the Hifi show.

Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley Yirgachefe - P600 per 200g pack. This is gone but a new batch is coming very soon.

Ethiopia Bagersh Harrar - P500 per 200g pack. Big, bold African flavors - blueberries and nuts. And aroma to die for! This is a classic African coffee, dry processed and great for any type of coffeemaker. Fantastic waker upper!

Brazil Moreninha Formosa, Cerrado Mineiro Estate. A sweet, smooth fresh Brazil with terrific body, nice fruit and just a hint of nuttiness. This is a full natural coffee dried on raised African beds. Chocolate covered cherries. Another perfect choice for espresso. Fantastic lunch or afternoon coffee. New stock has arrived. One of my best sellers. - P500 per 200 grams.

Colombia Supremo 18+. That's bean size, not age. If you want your coffee simple - kapeng kape - no fruit, no tobacco, no flowers - just coffee - this is the coffee for you. Smooth but punchy, developing a chocolatey after taste as it cools. Excellent for breakfast. Or lunch. Even dinner. - P500 per 200 grams.

Costa Rica La Minita Tarrazu - P600 per 200g pack. Every Internet coffee place will tell you how great a coffee the Tarazzu arabica from La Minita Farms is! It is the quintessential coffee from Central America - smooth, full bodied. Suave with a long finish. Very enjoyable any time of the day, but really perfect in the evenings after a nice dinner.

Sumatra Lintong arabica semi-washed processed, earthy and full flavored. Makes for a Big Coffee taste in the cup, whatever your brewing method is. Compare with the Harrar. This is morning coffee. A waker-upper. Think jungle wildness. - P500 per 200 grams

Sagada arabica is back in stock - P250 per 200 grams.

Benguet arabica likewise available again - P250 per 200 grams

Costa Rica Swiss Water Process Decaf is now available. Nobody will believe that this is Decaf. The body and mouth feel suggest a very good Central American coffee. All the flavor characteristics of a good Central, sans the caffeine! I take this even at midnight, with no caffeine kick. Great for evenings. And anytime of the day for the caffeine-sensitive among us! - P550 per 200 gram pack.

Buying tips: buy only enough coffee for one week use, maximum two weeks. I can grind it for you, but you will get the best results if you grind the beans yourselves just before you brew your coffee.

Storage tips: I pack roasted coffee in resealable bags but they are not as airtight as the Ziplocks. Best way to keep them fresh is to store them in those Lock and Lock airtight containers and keep them in your pantry - NOT IN THE REF! Refrigerating coffee will expose them to condensation every time you take the container out of the ref to get your daily dose. Room temperature is best. And brew your beans no later than 2 weeks after the roast date. I will indicate the roasting date of your coffee for your guidance.

Aeropress available again. At the same prices - P1,900 per unit.

Delivery service is available via 2Go. P150 for up to 600g of coffee within 2Go's "Serviceable" areas - this means the big cities like Angeles, Baguio, or even CDO, Davao and Cebu. This is usually next day delivery, which is pretty good.

Orders may be PMed or texted to me. Makati or Pasig pick up if you're in a hurry for your coffee.

Thank you!
dante
cool dude

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Pards,

I still prefer "Dante's Roast" as the roaster's brand.... mas maganda di ba :)

By the way, the Sidamo is indeed one coffee bean that has a complex taste :o :D Nag-iiba yung lasa when it comes to the last sip :D :D :D Unpredictable I may say :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby juju » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:30 am

WHAT DOES AN AERO PRESS LOOK LIKE?
juju
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:54 am

juju wrote:WHAT DOES AN AERO PRESS LOOK LIKE?

dante
cool dude

Postby O.D. Yeo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Hi Dante,
Yes, I think I shall pamper myself with this special treat on my brand new Saeco:
La Esmeralda Gesha at P800 per 200 grams.
For pickup on Friday PM please.
Happy holidays!
O.D. Yeo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dante » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:13 am

Happy Holidays, Billy! Friday PM it is. See you soon Bro.
dante
cool dude

Postby enzolm » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:55 am

Good Morning Dante,

Any chance you can squeeze in one bag of " Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo " and one bag of " Sagada Arabica " for me?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
enzolm
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:24 pm

enzolm wrote:Good Morning Dante,

Any chance you can squeeze in one bag of " Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo " and one bag of " Sagada Arabica " for me?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Sure thing Ricky! Monday afternoon pickup?
dante
cool dude

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Audio