Manila Collective: Dante's New Coffee Shop

Sponsors: dante

Re: dante: FS Freshly Roasted Specialty Coffee -Jan 7 Update!

Postby dante » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 pm

enzolm wrote:Kuya Dante,

Greetings. My stash ran out. Can I please order a bag of Kenya Peaberry Gethumbwini and a bag of Benguet arabica?

Thanks and warmest regards.

Done, Bro! I will text you as soon as the coffee is ready for pickup. Possibly by Wednesday afternoon. Thanks!
dante
cool dude

Postby dante » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Bro Ricky, your coffee is ready and may be picked up anytime after lunch tomorrow. Thanks!
dante
cool dude

Postby enzolm » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:02 pm

OK. Thanks a lot.

Best regards.
enzolm
Citizen
Citizen

Postby philpath » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Please Pm me your contact number. Thank you sir. I am interested in the types of coffee you are offering.
philpath
Citizen
Citizen

Postby enzolm » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 am

Dante - aka Valle Verde boy ( southern version of Alabang Boys )

Can I please order a bag of "Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo" before I turn you over to the PDEA?

Thanks.

Ricky

PS. Do you still have stock of Aeropress?
enzolm
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:01 am

enzolm wrote:Dante - aka Valle Verde boy ( southern version of Alabang Boys )

Can I please order a bag of "Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo" before I turn you over to the PDEA?

Thanks.

Ricky

PS. Do you still have stock of Aeropress?

Sure Bro. I'll have the coffee ready for you by tomorrow. Yes, I still have the Aero. Want one? ;)
dante
cool dude

Postby enzolm » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Dante,

Yes, I would want an Aeroexpress. Could you also include in my order one bag of Sagada or Cordillera Arabica - roasted and ground to Aeroexpress specifications please? Am doing some and the coffee in most of these areas are undrinkable.

Thanks a lot.

Ricky
enzolm
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:27 am

Your coffee will be ready for pickup this afternoon Bro. Did you want the Sidamo ground also? The Aeropress will likewise be ready for pickup. Thanks!
dante
cool dude

Re: dante: FS Freshly Roasted Specialty Coffee -April 2 Update!

Postby dante » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:02 pm

SUMMER!

I'm off to the Cordilleras at the end of this month to look for coffee. Local coffee has become almost as expensive as imported, and I want to know why by going straight to the farms! Price is slightly higher now because of the higher price paid for the greens.

The Lot 5 Gesha is gone. But its more refined sister, the Lot 7 Gesha is here! It is as expensive as the Kona, but in my opinion way better in taste. For those with an adventurous coffee palate, this is a must-try.

La Esmeralda Gesha Lot 7. Among the auction lots during the last Gesha auction, this is the one that scored the highest in independent cuppers' blind tests. I have a small amount of this bean so try it while stocks last. I can't price it lower than P1,200 per 200 gram pack, unfortunately. But it is still cheaper than the Jamaica Blue Mountain, which I have been quietly offering at 1,500 per 200 gram pack.Very smooth, hints of fruit, mildly chocolatey and a lingering finish. Very complex. Excellent for any type of brewing. And great anytime of the day.

Ethiopia Kochere Wet Processed Yirgachefe - P500 per 200g pack. A traditional Yirg, processed wet, the traditional way. Good acidity, hints of lime and lemon, malty and complex. Great from hot to cool. In fact, it gets sweeter as it cools in your cup! Very nice body and mouth feel, typical of good Yirgs. Smooth and full bodied. I'd say that this is an all day coffee.

Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo - P500 per 200g pack. Fruit Punch! Amazingly different from the Yirg, considering that they come from the same country. Coffee with cherry. Blueberries. Your taste buds will be given a workout by this coffee. It is one of the most complex coffees that I have roasted. Enjoyable from the time you open the pack and sniff it, up to when you drink the last drop of it from your cup. A coffee for sipping and savoring. Definitely a conversation stopper. This was the best seller during the Hifi show. I have a few batches of this left.

Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley Yirgachefe - P700 per 200g pack. This is new crop and in my opinion much better than the IMV that I sold out last year. Almost Gesha-ish in character. Always in demand.

Ethiopia Bagersh Harrar - P500 per 200g pack. Big, bold African flavors - blueberries and nuts. And aroma to die for! This is a classic African coffee, dry processed and great for any type of coffeemaker. Fantastic waker upper! About to run out though.

Brazil Moreninha Formosa, Cerrado Mineiro Estate. A sweet, smooth fresh Brazil with terrific body, nice fruit and just a hint of nuttiness. This is a full natural coffee dried on raised African beds. Chocolate covered cherries. Another perfect choice for espresso. Fantastic lunch or afternoon coffee. New stock has arrived. One of my best sellers. - P500 per 200 grams.

Colombia Supremo 18+. That's bean size, not age. If you want your coffee simple - kapeng kape - no fruit, no tobacco, no flowers - just coffee - this is the coffee for you. Smooth but punchy, developing a chocolatey after taste as it cools. Excellent for breakfast. Or lunch. Even dinner. - P500 per 200 grams.

Costa Rica La Minita Tarrazu - P700 per 200g pack. Every Internet coffee place will tell you how great a coffee the Tarazzu arabica from La Minita Farms is! It is the quintessential coffee from Central America - smooth, full bodied. Suave with a long finish. Very enjoyable any time of the day, but really perfect in the evenings after a nice dinner. New stock just arrived.

Kenya Peaberry Gethumbwini I still need to write some material for this one, but it is a fantastic coffee. Very different from the Ethiopians. My daughter calls it "kapeng-kape". Just when you thought you've tried them all, along comes great coffee like this. Now selling for P700 per 200 grams.

Sagada arabica - back in stock with a slightly higher price tag - P300 per 200 grams.

Cordillera arabica from 3 barangays in the region and as high grown as can be in that area - P300 per 200 grams

Costa Rica Swiss Water Process Decaf is still available. Nobody will believe that this is Decaf. The body and mouth feel suggest a very good Central American coffee. All the flavor characteristics of a good Central, sans the caffeine! I take this even at midnight, with no caffeine kick. Great for evenings. And anytime of the day for the caffeine-sensitive among us! - P600 per 200 gram pack.

Buying tips: buy only enough coffee for one week use, maximum two weeks. I can grind it for you, but you will get the best results if you grind the beans yourselves just before you brew your coffee.

Storage tips: I pack roasted coffee in resealable bags but they are not as airtight as the Ziplocks. Best way to keep them fresh is to store them in those Lock and Lock airtight containers and keep them in your pantry - NOT IN THE REF! Refrigerating coffee will expose them to condensation every time you take the container out of the ref to get your daily dose. Room temperature is best. And brew your beans no later than 2 weeks after the roast date. I will indicate the roasting date of your coffee for your guidance.

Aeropress available again and still at the same prices - P1,900 per unit.

Delivery service is available via 2Go. Still P150 for up to 2 packs of coffee within 2Go's "Serviceable" areas - this means the big cities like Angeles, Baguio, or even CDO, Davao and Cebu. This is usually next day delivery, which is pretty good.

Orders may be PMed or texted to me. Makati or Pasig pick up if you're in a hurry for your coffee.

Thank you!
dante
cool dude

Postby dante » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks, Bashi, for this link - Health Benefits of Coffee ++. Drink up guys! ;)

Glad you're enjoying your Kenya Peaberry!
dante
cool dude

Postby alexg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi Dante, if I have the coffee shipped to Sta Rosa, how do I pay you?

Thanks.
alexg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dante » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:32 pm

alexg wrote:Hi Dante, if I have the coffee shipped to Sta Rosa, how do I pay you?

Thanks.

Hey bro, you can deposit your payment to my bank. PM me your mailing address and I'll PM you my bank details. Happy Easter!
dante
cool dude

Re: dante: FS Freshly Roasted Specialty Coffee -May 10 Update!

Postby dante » Sun May 10, 2009 9:45 am

End of Summer!

Summer ended so quickly. And local coffee prices have gone up beyond explanation. The Sagada trip had to be postponed, but will still happen, hopefully soon. In the meantime, some new coffee has arrived, and some have gone out of stock.

First on the new coffee list is a very limited stock of the new harvest Mavis Banks Estate Jamaica Blue Mountain beans. No other intro is necessary for this bean. I also have very limited stocks of some Kona from Hawaii. In the more affordable range, there is the Ethiopian Sidamo from the Korate coop, but processed with a twist - it is wet processed, like the traditional Yirg. Very interesting coffee. I also have some stellar Brazils and Colombias. Read on...

Jamaica Blue Mountain Mavis Bank Estate - P1,500 per 200g pack. Considered by many for a long time as the best in the world. The Japanese love this coffee and a must try at least once by a true coffee aficionado.

Hawaii Kona - P1,200 per 200g pack.

La Esmeralda Gesha Lot 7. Among the auction lots during the last Gesha auction, this is the one that scored the highest in independent cuppers' blind tests. I have a small amount of this bean so try it while stocks last. I can't price it lower than P1,200 per 200 gram pack, unfortunately. But it is still cheaper than the Jamaica Blue Mountain, which I have been quietly offering at 1,500 per 200 gram pack.Very smooth, hints of fruit, mildly chocolatey and a lingering finish. Very complex. Excellent for any type of brewing. And great anytime of the day.

Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley Yirgachefe - P700 per 200g pack. This is new crop and in my opinion much better than the IMV that I sold out last year. Almost Gesha-ish in character. Always in demand.

Ethiopia Kochere Wet Processed Yirgachefe - P500 per 200g pack. A traditional Yirg, processed wet, the traditional way. Good acidity, hints of lime and lemon, malty and complex. Great from hot to cool. In fact, it gets sweeter as it cools in your cup! Very nice body and mouth feel, typical of good Yirgs. Smooth and full bodied. I'd say that this is an all day coffee.

Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo - P500 per 200g pack. Fruit Punch! Amazingly different from the Yirg, considering that they come from the same country. Coffee with cherry. Blueberries. Your taste buds will be given a workout by this coffee. It is one of the most complex coffees that I have roasted. Enjoyable from the time you open the pack and sniff it, up to when you drink the last drop of it from your cup. A coffee for sipping and savoring. Definitely a conversation stopper. This was the best seller during the Hifi show. I have a few batches of this left.

Ethiopia Korate Wet Processed Sidamo - P500 per 200g pack. From fruit punch to aged cabernet. The Ethiopians never fail to amaze. The Korate coop use the same Sidamo bean that they usually process dry and prepare it like a Yirg to achieve a very different flavored coffee. If you like fruit in your cup, but not too much of it, with a certain amount of wildness left in the brew, you have to try this bean.

Ethiopia Bagersh Harrar - P500 per 200g pack. Big, bold African flavors - blueberries and nuts. And aroma to die for! This is a classic African coffee, dry processed and great for any type of coffeemaker. Fantastic waker upper! Some new stock came in so we're back in business with this one.

Brazil Fazenda Vista Alegre. Typical Brazil with a classy twist. This is a small estate high grown arabica. Hints of drak chocolate and already the favorite in my household. Terrific body, nice subdued fruit and a delightful smokey undertone. This is a perfect choice for espresso but great also in a French press. Fantastic lunch or afternoon coffee. Limited stocks only. - P500 per 200 grams.

Colombia Supremo 18+. That's bean size, not age. If you want your coffee simple - kapeng kape - no fruit, no tobacco, no flowers - just coffee - this is the coffee for you. Smooth but punchy, developing a chocolatey after taste as it cools. Excellent for breakfast. Or lunch. Even dinner. - P500 per 200 grams.

Costa Rica La Minita Tarrazu - P700 per 200g pack. Every Internet coffee place will tell you how great a coffee the Tarazzu arabica from La Minita Farms is! It is the quintessential coffee from Central America - smooth, full bodied. Suave with a long finish. Very enjoyable any time of the day, but really perfect in the evenings after a nice dinner.

Kenya Peaberry Gethumbwini Meryl Streep in Out of Africa grew coffee on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro where this coffee is from also. Very different from the Ethiopians. And the fact that this is a Peaberry (only one bean per coffee cherry instead of two) makes this a very unusual coffee. My daughter calls it "kapeng-kape". Just when you thought you've tried them all, along comes great coffee like this. Now selling for P700 per 200 grams.

Sagada arabica - temporarily withdrawn from my offerings because of price issues with the local traders.

Cordillera arabica - temporarily withdrawn from my offerings because of price issues with the local traders.

Costa Rica Swiss Water Process Decaf is still available. Nobody will believe that this is Decaf. The body and mouth feel suggest a very good Central American coffee. All the flavor characteristics of a good Central, sans the caffeine! I take this even at midnight, with no caffeine kick. Great for evenings. And anytime of the day for the caffeine-sensitive among us! - P600 per 200 gram pack.

Buying tips: buy only enough coffee for one week use, maximum two weeks. I can grind it for you, but you will get the best results if you grind the beans yourselves just before you brew your coffee.

Storage tips: I pack roasted coffee in resealable bags but they are not as airtight as the Ziplocks. Best way to keep them fresh is to store them in those Lock and Lock airtight containers and keep them in your pantry - NOT IN THE REF! Refrigerating coffee will expose them to condensation every time you take the container out of the ref to get your daily dose. Room temperature is best. And brew your beans no later than 2 weeks after the roast date. I will indicate the roasting date of your coffee for your guidance.

Delivery service is available via 2Go. Still P150 for up to 2 packs of coffee within 2Go's "Serviceable" areas - this means the big cities like Angeles, Baguio, or even CDO, Davao and Cebu. This is usually next day delivery, which is pretty good.

Orders may be PMed or texted to me. Makati or Pasig pick up if you're in a hurry for your coffee.

Thank you!
dante
cool dude

Postby O.D. Yeo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:49 am

Hi Dante,
Glad to see your back in the audio circuit.
I'd like an aeropress for efren. Do you still have one available? For pickup later at your house?
Thanks.
O.D. Yeo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dante » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:00 pm

O.D. Yeo wrote:

Hi Dante,
Glad to see your back in the audio circuit.
I'd like an aeropress for efren. Do you still have one available? For pickup later at your house?
Thanks.

Sure bro. I'll leave word with my assistant barista/roaster. :D :D :D Let me know what time you'll send for it.
dante
cool dude

Postby kabubi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:42 pm

when will the "Sitti blend" come out?

you know, the one that is hot, sweet and full bodied. i guess it's also the one that will keep you awake all night :D
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:32 am

kabubi wrote:when will the "Sitti blend" come out?

you know, the one that is hot, sweet and full bodied. i guess it's also the one that will keep you awake all night :D

Hmmmm.... a combination of Brazilian Fazenda Vista Alegre and the Sultan Kudarat Arabica :?: :?: :?: :?: ... Nice 8) :D :D :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

July 29 Update!

Postby dante » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Rainy Season Brewskis!

The trip north to coffeelandia is still on hold, pending the arrival of clear skies and sunny weather, so I still don't have local coffee on offer.

BUT, I have some splendid new ones that have arrived, and based on my initial cupping, they are as good as the previous offerings!

Panama Elida Natural - P800 per 200g pack. Limited stocks. I will let the cupping notes from my supplier speak for itself. Usually, coffees with scores of 86 and up are considered very good already. :D

Dry- 3.9 Huge Aroma, Honey, floral, sweet, berries, cloves
Wet- 4.2 Huge aroma, Sweet, floral, Blueberries
flavor- 8.4 Honey, citrus, fruit, crisp apples
acid- 7.6
body- 7.8
aftertaste- 8.2 similar as the flavors with a delicate earl grey tea finish.
total+50= 90.1

Ethiopia + Yemen Red Sea Blend - P600 per 200g pack. This is a proprietary blend (meaning we don't know the specific origin and ratio of the bean blending) of Yemen and Ethiopian arabica, but a consistent best seller for many years now in the US. The coffee is pre-blended and so does not roast evenly BUT this makes for a very interesting cup. It is full bodied and yet substantially acidic. In coffee, acidity is not a bad thing - that does not translate to "asim" or sourness, but to a drier mouthfeel, almost astringent. Think "dry" in terms of wine. "Excellent" comes to mind when drinking this blend. Highly recommended!

Jamaica Blue Mountain Mavis Bank Estate - P1,500 per 200g pack. Stocks are dwindling, but my 2009 JBM is still here. Surprisingly, in these lean and supposedly mean time of economic crisis, my premium coffees (like my Grey Garrards) are the ones being snapped up. So, why the JBM? Simple. It is considered by many as the best in the world, bar none. The Japanese love this coffee and a must try at least once by a true coffee aficionado. Go to UCC to try a cup - at P300 per cup, I think. ;)

Hawaii Kona - P1,200 per 200g pack. This is GONE. I didn't realize I was out until I got an order yesterday and checked my stocks. Nada. I wrote to my Mauna Loa supplier and they will send me a new batch soon.

La Esmeralda Gesha Lot 7. Among the auction lots during the last Gesha auction, this is the one that scored the highest in independent cuppers' blind tests. I still have a small amount of this bean so try it while stocks last. I can't price it lower than P1,200 per 200 gram pack, unfortunately. But it is still cheaper than the Jamaica Blue Mountain.Very smooth, hints of fruit, mildly chocolatey and a lingering finish. Very complex. Excellent for any type of brewing. And great anytime of the day. Stocks are getting really low.

Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley Yirgachefe - P700 per 200g pack. This is new crop and in my opinion much better than the IMV that I sold out last year. Almost Gesha-ish in character. Always in demand. I am almost tempted to pull this out of the market. My stocks are low and this is now the current favorite in my home.

Ethiopia Korate Dry Processed (natural) Sidamo - P500 per 200g pack. Fruit Punch! Amazingly different from the Yirg, considering that they come from the same country. Coffee with cherry. Blueberries. Your taste buds will be given a workout by this coffee. It is one of the most complex coffees that I have roasted. Enjoyable from the time you open the pack and sniff it, up to when you drink the last drop of it from your cup. A coffee for sipping and savoring. Definitely a conversation stopper. This was the best seller during the Hifi show. This is almost gone.

Ethiopia Korate Wet Processed Sidamo - P500 per 200g pack. From fruit punch to aged cabernet. The Ethiopians never fail to amaze. The Korate coop use the same Sidamo bean that they usually process dry and prepare it like a Yirg to achieve a very different flavored coffee. If you like fruit in your cup, but not too much of it, with a certain amount of wildness left in the brew, you have to try this bean.

Ethiopia Bagersh Harrar - P500 per 200g pack. Big, bold African flavors - blueberries and nuts. And aroma to die for! This is a classic African coffee, dry processed and great for any type of coffeemaker. Fantastic waker upper! Some new stock came in so we're back in business with this one.

Brazil Fazenda Vista Alegre. Typical Brazil with a classy twist. This is a small estate high grown arabica. Hints of drak chocolate and already the favorite in my household. Terrific body, nice subdued fruit and a delightful smokey undertone. This is a perfect choice for espresso but great also in a French press. Fantastic lunch or afternoon coffee. Limited stocks only. - P500 per 200 grams.

Colombia Supremo 18+. That's bean size, not age. If you want your coffee simple - kapeng kape - no fruit, no tobacco, no flowers - just coffee - this is the coffee for you. Smooth but punchy, developing a chocolatey after taste as it cools. Excellent for breakfast. Or lunch. Even dinner. One of my mainstays. - P500 per 200 grams.

Costa Rica La Minita Tarrazu - P700 per 200g pack. Every Internet coffee place will tell you how great a coffee the Tarazzu arabica from La Minita Farms is! It is the quintessential coffee from Central America - smooth, full bodied. Suave with a long finish. Very enjoyable any time of the day, but really perfect in the evenings after a nice dinner.

Kenya Peaberry Gethumbwini Meryl Streep in Out of Africa grew coffee on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro where this coffee is from also. Very different from the Ethiopians. And the fact that this is a Peaberry (only one bean per coffee cherry instead of two) makes this a very unusual coffee. My daughter calls it "kapeng-kape". Just when you thought you've tried them all, along comes great coffee like this. Now selling for P700 per 200 grams.

Sagada arabica - temporarily withdrawn from my offerings because of price issues with the local traders.

Cordillera arabica - temporarily withdrawn from my offerings because of price issues with the local traders.

Thank you!
dante
cool dude

Postby dante » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:09 pm

Jon Agner wrote:

Hmmmm.... a combination of Brazilian Fazenda Vista Alegre and the Sultan Kudarat Arabica :?: :?: :?: :?: ... Nice 8) :D :D :D :D :D

Jon, masubukan nga... :D :D :D
dante
cool dude

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:13 pm

dante wrote:
Jon Agner wrote:

Jon, masubukan nga... :D :D :D

Patikim ha :D :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Audio