Señor Sensible's Space

super-systems, audio insights...

Moderator: jadis

Re: Jadis Eurythmie

Postby bass_nut » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 am

jadis wrote:The Jadis Eurythmie Horn Speakers:

Eurythmie crossover box:

A visit today to Sensible Audio's Lito Gelano's place in Dasma Village allowed me to have a much awaited listening session with the 4-way front loaded 104db horn speakers that has twin isobaric woofers per speaker, according to the technical specs. In the mid 90s when these speakers first arrived at the Listening Room in Megamall, it was described as the 'giant blue tooth', from afar it resembles just that, a tooth. :) It is massive, as one can imagine, and is described as the 'love it or hate it looks' in terms of aesthetics. It's quite a unique design, especially in terms of shape.

A farther view...

The 'mammoths' were driven by the new ARC HD220 Hybirds, with the SP 11 as the pre-amp. Needless to say, the sound was HUGE, projecting life-size imaging qualities that would be a treat to 'horn' fans.

The ARC Family RACK:

Let me see....From top to bottom, on the left side: Power supply for the SP11 pre-amp, LS 26 pre-amp, CD-7 CD player, SP 11 main pre-amp, I forgot what was on the bottom. :) Right side, top to bottom: HD 220 hybrid amp, 2 mono blocks of the M-300, in front of it a D-125 amp with black faceplate....and oh, flanking it in both sides are the Celestion SL700 loudspeakers. Those flat speaker cables are by Nordost.

sir Jadis,

as i love reading old threads & postings at WS i opened this one and oh my !! these pictures of such beautiful looking set up made my day !!

i approximate these gears produce top notch SQ :wink:

kindest regards,
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Doc Bass,

Lin Gomez, I think, has these. I recall showing it to us when we visited him :D

'though I think I like the other "horn" that he made...... totally subliminal :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Re: Jadis Eurythmie

Postby jadis » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:08 am

bass_nut wrote:sir Jadis,

as i love reading old threads & postings at WS i opened this one and oh my !! these pictures of such beautiful looking set up made my day !!

i approximate these gears produce top notch SQ :wink:

kindest regards,
fer

hi doc fer,

thanks too for visiting and sharing your view. am glad you enjoyed the posts. :)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Señor's Music Palace - The Audio Research Room

Postby jadis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:28 pm

RE-SEARCHING THE AUDIO RESEARCH... :lol:

Took a day off and went South for a lightning visit to Señor Sensible's place and found out that he has the latest and most extreme Audio Research preamps in the planet. :) It was so new I had to 'research' and 're-search' everything! :lol: TOUCH SCREEN ALA ANDROID PHONE. BAKA MALINAW SA CALL AND TEXT DIN. :)

ARC REFERENCE PHONO 2:

REF 10 Line Stage:

All sorts of HUGE Audio Research monster monos. :) VTM 200, VT100, Ref 210s, Ref 610T, Ref600...

Pair of Mark Levinson ML2: 25 watts class A Big Bodies.

The ORACLE sayeth: "Buy me..." I can only say: "Not me.." :lol:

As I have not been in this room for a long time, I ca only say in this brief listening session that the sound is generally very smooth, grainless, and very musically pleasing to the ears. Viva El Señor Sensible! :clap:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Señor's Sensible's Space

Postby jadis » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 pm

THE PACO CHAPTER

Aside from his audio abode in Dasmarinas Village and a shop in Makati Cinema Square, Señor Sensible also owns a store/showroom/warehouse in Paco along Quirino Ave. Extension. I've been there a few times, most notably to audition my former amp, the VS110 ten years ago.

Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from Morita to help him install the Transfiguration Proteus cartridge which Señor has procured and will demo in the coming Hi Fi Show.

The Antechamber: :lol:

System set up above includes the Genesis 5 loudspeakers, Sonus Cremona Auditor monitors. Below, the ARC VS115 amplifier, ARC Reference Phono 2 SE, Reference 5 SE line stage, Oracle Delphi VI with SME 4 tonearm, and the Transfiguration Proteus MC cartridge.

ARC VS115 amp using the KT120 power tubes.

ARC Reference Series Line and Phono stage:

The Oracle VI with SME IV and Proteus cartridge:

The Proteus, behind it is a bust of a great composer telling it not to 'bust out'. :D

Proteus lying on its back, waiting to be 'screwed'...into the SME headshell. :lol: It's a dirty job and somebody's got to do it. And that somebody is me. :D

A whole rack(s) of audio candies. :lol:

Had to leave before the night fell, or the Oracle will be casting a spell on me. :lol: The sound was pretty good off the box will have broken in when the Show starts in a couple of weeks. There may be a need to 'prodeus' $$$$ to procure the Proteus as well. :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Re: Señor's Sensible's Space

Postby joejet » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Whew!
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Señor Sensible's Space

Postby jadis » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm

jadis