Howdy WS Record Sellers?

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Howdy WS Record Sellers?

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:56 am

I miss seeing the posts of new records to check out from Bebop, Spare2Win, Record Mogul, Boytoy, Merlin, Dax, et al. Their posts of newly-delivered mint records is one of the things I look forward to scrolling whenever I visit WS.

Would anyone know of their whereabouts?

Have they moved on to other distribution systems?

Have they decided to band together and work with physical stores?
Last edited by sumnerbrowne on Sun May 01, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Re: Howdy WS Record Sellers?

Postby choyb » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:16 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:I miss seeing the posts of new records to check out from Bebop, Record Mogul, Boytoy, Merlin, Dax, et al. Their posts of newly-delivered mint records is one of the things I look forward to scrolling whenever I visit WS.

Now that you've mentioned it, oo nga...parang nawala sila, even on the other audio forum, no post from them.
I hope everything is OK with them.
choyb
Citizen
Citizen

Postby KD » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:41 pm

boytoy24 is grieving a death in the family. I would give him a few weeks to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Everyone else should be within PM reach. If you are looking for something in particular, I'm sure they can help.
KD
Legend
Legend

Re:

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:35 pm

KD wrote:boytoy24 is grieving a death in the family. I would give him a few weeks to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Everyone else should be within PM reach. If you are looking for something in particular, I'm sure they can help.

Thanks, KD!

My condolences to Raf.
Last edited by sumnerbrowne on Sun May 01, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby Jazzmanoy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:10 pm

sumnerbrowne wrote:I miss seeing the posts of new records to check out from Bebop, Record Mogul, Boytoy, Merlin, Dax, et al. Their posts of newly-delivered mint records is one of the things I look forward to scrolling whenever I visit WS.

+1 on this. The count in my stash stopped since the mentioned black pizza pushers hibernated. My deep condolences to Raffy (Boytoy).
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Sun May 01, 2016 7:36 pm

sumnerbrowne wrote:I miss seeing the posts of new records to check out from Bebop, Spare2Win, Record Mogul, Boytoy, Merlin, Dax, et al. Their posts of newly-delivered mint records is one of the things I look forward to scrolling whenever I visit WS.

There have been some alternative sites in FB that have cropped up that have likely taken some eyeballs out off the regular forums of WS (Audio Philippines/Audio Pilipinas) and lots of FB-based selling sites (Plakahan 101/Vinyl Collector etc). Miss shopping here since WS standards are high, and you are assured of high quality vinyl and faithful descriptions. FB-based sites are quite ok, but sometimes are hit and miss.

Methinks we should reinvigorate WS and the vinyl section, if anybody is still left watching this space . . .
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby choyb » Mon May 02, 2016 9:06 am

muypogi wrote:
sumnerbrowne wrote:I miss seeing the posts of new records to check out from Bebop, Spare2Win, Record Mogul, Boytoy, Merlin, Dax, et al. Their posts of newly-delivered mint records is one of the things I look forward to scrolling whenever I visit WS.

There have been some alternative sites in FB that have cropped up that have likely taken some eyeballs out off the regular forums of WS (Audio Philippines/Audio Pilipinas) and lots of FB-based selling sites (Plakahan 101/Vinyl Collector etc). Miss shopping here since WS standards are high, and you are assured of high quality vinyl and faithful descriptions. FB-based sites are quite ok, but sometimes are hit and miss.

Methinks we should reinvigorate WS and the vinyl section, if anybody is still left watching this space . . .

I tend to agree @muypogi. The renewed popularity & interest in LPs have encouraged a few to venture into selling LPs.

In fact I have bought a few from these FB and a couple of Direct-from-USA sellers.

However, and this is my own experience, I have been more disappointed than satisfied with those LPs..
Using Wiredstate & PDVD grading standards, most are at best Good condition for both the LP & cover. Also, have had to return a couple of LPs due to it being warped.

But having said that, most sellers naman allow you to check it before outright purchase, unless you are in a hurry like what happened to me, kaya di ko na na tignan.

But, I also see that a number the buyers post teviews that they are very satisfied. Maybe na tiempo lang na poor condition na punta sa akin he he!

Cheers!
choyb
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Mon May 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Puro kasi reserve. D naman kinukuha haha
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby Jazzmanoy » Mon May 02, 2016 10:46 pm

TheAnalogSource wrote:Puro kasi reserve. D naman kinukuha haha

Pag kinuha tinatawaran pa! :lol:
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Tue May 03, 2016 1:31 am

TheAnalogSource wrote:Puro kasi reserve. D naman kinukuha haha

Hahahahaha! :emo:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby KD » Thu May 05, 2016 12:46 pm

spare_2_win is back on the board.
KD
Legend
Legend

Re:

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu May 05, 2016 11:32 pm

KD wrote:spare_2_win is back on the board.

Yun oh! :-)
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby merlin » Fri May 06, 2016 8:25 am

Any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
merlin
Legend
Legend

Return to Analog