The Subterranean Lair (THE DARK KNIGHT RISES)

super-systems, audio insights...

Moderator: jadis

Re: The Subterranean Lair (THE DARK KNIGHT RISES)

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:53 pm

JackD201 wrote:The lights are DMX controlled so they can be programmed that way but No, patay sindi na dating nun no! :P :@

Aba, then we'll move the partying to the Lair na :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby allyson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:09 pm

How I wish someday,i could listen to it. :)

Your Constituent from Angono :hai:
allyson
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Al always welcome ka :)

Jon bust out the boogie moves! :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dimfer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:54 am

thanks for the update Phil..

congrats to Jack for the landing the CH Precision stuff, another uber product line.

I saw Damon's pics of the 111's at VSA FB page, hmm, mukhang malapit nang malipat ang twin towers.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:28 am

dimfer wrote:thanks for the update Phil..

congrats to Jack for the landing the CH Precision stuff, another uber product line.

I saw Damon's pics of the 111's at VSA FB page, hmm, mukhang malapit nang malipat ang twin towers.

Malapit na, Ding. :rock:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:32 pm

LAND OF THE GIANTS...

The already big VR11s (one side) is in the middle. To the right, LAND OF THE GIANTS - VS111XS !!! :lol: I think if I stand beside the 111, I'll be lucky to hit the 3rd midrange driver. :D (Bottom to top, not top to bottom, di naman tayo 4 footer.) :D :D

ULTRA cable jumpers that connect the crossover cabinet to the 111XS. Looks like tubes or tunnels for the little people to run across in the 60s TV series ' Land of the Giants'. :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:27 am

SHAQ IS IN... :lol:

jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:06 am

jadis wrote:SHAQ IS IN... :lol:

WOW to the nth power, Philip! I wonder how much is the investment for such an ultrasonic architectonic?
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby dimfer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Congrats Jack... Listening impressions pls
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:30 pm

Simply effortless Ding. The room was a touch too big at over 80sqm (treated pa) for the 9s to fully pressurize without using more power and driver excursion. Doubling up the speaker, so to speak, adding another 3dB of sensitivity per side has me needing half the power and has cut mechanical distortion a whole lot too.

I never believed that all big speakers can't play small scale music the right way. Only those that are of less than competent designs can't. With the 11s events start in little points in space then expand, bloom if you will. Of course with some material where a singer relies on mic proximity to compensate for lack of power then you might get a dose of big head/mouth syndrome :D Cue up some large scale classical and wham! Lifelike dynamics and envelopment on fortes and sweet, intimate and heart tugging pianissimos, and everything in between. Yun lang nga, iba talaga yung 111 XS. Good as the 11s are in my room, the 111s are like nothing I've ever experienced before. That is another story for another time however.

One great gain is that I can now listen at much lower listening levels without feeling "life" is lacking. This has got to be the best hand me down in the history of audio. Yeah bro, if you're reading this, I love you man! Makes me wish we celebrated Thanksgiving :lol:

Add to that a super minty NImbus pressing of Wish You Were Here c/o the ever resourceful Indiana Jadis and you probably rightly guess that I'm smiling from ear to batok. :D :D :D

Merry Christmas to all!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:21 pm

JackD201 wrote:Simply effortless Ding. The room was a touch too big at over 80sqm (treated pa) for the 9s to fully pressurize without using more power and driver excursion. Doubling up the speaker, so to speak, adding another 3dB of sensitivity per side has me needing half the power and has cut mechanical distortion a whole lot too.

I never believed that all big speakers can't play small scale music the right way. Only those that are of less than competent designs can't. With the 11s events start in little points in space then expand, bloom if you will. Of course with some material where a singer relies on mic proximity to compensate for lack of power then you might get a dose of big head/mouth syndrome :D Cue up some large scale classical and wham! Lifelike dynamics and envelopment on fortes and sweet, intimate and heart tugging pianissimos, and everything in between. Yun lang nga, iba talaga yung 111 XS. Good as the 11s are in my room, the 111s are like nothing I've ever experienced before. That is another story for another time however.

One great gain is that I can now listen at much lower listening levels without feeling "life" is lacking. This has got to be the best hand me down in the history of audio. Yeah bro, if you're reading this, I love you man! Makes me wish we celebrated Thanksgiving :lol:

Add to that a super minty NImbus pressing of Wish You Were Here c/o the ever resourceful Indiana Jadis and you probably rightly guess that I'm smiling from ear to batok. :D :D :D

Merry Christmas to all!

Pare,

I was tempted not to read your report due to the fact that I want to enjoy my newly re-tubed amp but I said what the heck, I'll just review my Psych 101 notes to help me forget what happened yesterday. :D The 11s are a lot more than doubled 9s. They are another beast. Which I believe I will be saying again if I get the chance to hear the 111 XS. They capture the space and real size of the instruments. If there is height in the recording, we hear it. On some recordings, they are smaller as it was recorded that way. On chamber groups, the 11s are intimate as it's supposed to be. And boy, on the Nimbus Wish You Were Here, the stage was so holographic and 3D, I thought I was high when I never ever was in my life. :D And deep bass, wow, awesome with incredible weight and depth on the 2 new modern recordings. One thing I can say, Christmas came early for the Bozanian Empire. :) And now, I'll go back to psyching myself back to my new tubes. :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby dimfer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Merry Christmas Bro 8)

I truly get what you are saying about the feeling of getting high without getting high, lakas tama kahit walang karga :D

I can never forget my first experience with Perfect 8 The Force at CES 2008, listening to Leonard Cohen's Ten New Songs entire album. I had to pinch myself because the performance was so effortless and so real. Big speakers do scale with ease that can never be replicated by smaller systems, no matter how good the smaller system is. And this I never thought is true until the time I experienced it.

So I guess if scale and thereness is your thing, go big or go home :rofl:

The 9's when I heard it in your room I think almost gets you there, I could only imagine how good your system sounds now... parinig ha :emo:

And of course yung 111 ni Jim.... you guys are so lucky. hindi ako inggitero, pero :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy:
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:30 am

Kailan uwi mo Bro? Bozanian reunion!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dimfer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm

JackD201 wrote:Kailan uwi mo Bro? Bozanian reunion!

Would love to.. 2012 pa last uwi namin, it's about time. My wife will represent her parents in one of their transactions in Surigao, Hintay Lang ng go signal from the other party, hopefully before March. I don't want to go there when it's too hot there and the weather here is getting nicer :D
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Careful this winter pare :!: Looking forward to meeting up with you again :clap:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dimfer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:27 pm

JackD201 wrote:Careful this winter pare :!: Looking forward to meeting up with you again :clap:

Natuto na ako ng leksyon Bro, I have to remind myself not to walk with my hands on my pocket while walking on the ice or snow, kahit gaano kalamig :D mahirap na, baka Di na ako ganun ka swerte Kung maulit ang accident.

I am looking forward to hearing Albert's masterpiece(s), your Vr 11's and the Big Bro, the Vr 111

It's funny I heard the statement models like the U3, Vox Olympian, The Force, MBL's 101 Extreme and a few others but not the VSA...
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:38 am

Funny for me too. They don't get reviewed either because they are just too big :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:33 am

The Dark Knight is about to become the Big Blue Knight. :D

jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby kabubi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:47 am

Big is beautiful!
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:57 am

kabubi wrote:Big is beautiful!

I know you're thinking what I'm thinking, why not GREEN??? :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Jadis' Corner