DVD Player Problem

On ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you want to know about AUDIO but were afraid to ask!

Moderator: audiostar

DVD Player Problem

Postby jundai15 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi everyone, my dvd player has a problem, when I use the remote control and press open,the cd tray also automatically closes even I don't press the close button, I wanna ask what is the problem causing this to happen and is there any way to fix it, Thanks you sir
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Re: DVD Player Problem

Postby JackD201 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:47 am

Your remote might be sending multiple IR command pulses. To test this, press the open button then as the tray opens point the remote away or better yet cover the remote immediately. If it stays open then the remote is the culprit. If not it's the player itself. Good luck!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jundai15 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:56 am

JackD201 wrote:Your remote might be sending multiple IR command pulses. To test this, press the open button then as the tray opens point the remote away or better yet cover the remote immediately. If it stays open then the remote is the culprit. If not it's the player itself. Good luck!

Thanks you sir for the advice, i will try this test
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:56 am

I have had this problem with 2 of my DVD players, both Pioneer. I was told by their man in an appliance store that this is a belt problem. I've ruled out the remote control issue mentioned by Jack. So what I do is to just hold the tray before it starts to close. :D Then insert the disc. I really hate bring these things to the service center. Takes eternity. :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby JoeyGS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Could be that the belt is slipping and the CD/DVD tray does not travel to the farthest location/position to trigger a switch or sensor that will halt the tray.

Or some of the gears need lubrication and slows down or gets stuck and prevents the tray from traveling to the farthest location/position to trigger a switch or sensor that will halt the tray.
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jundai15 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:53 pm

jadis wrote:I have had this problem with 2 of my DVD players, both Pioneer. I was told by their man in an appliance store that this is a belt problem. I've ruled out the remote control issue mentioned by Jack. So what I do is to just hold the tray before it starts to close. :D Then insert the disc. I really hate bring these things to the service center. Takes eternity. :D

Whoa, both my DVD players are PIONEER, Yikes. What to do, Sigh. Maybe I'll just wait for them to break, and then get a different brand
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jundai15 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:56 pm

JoeyGS wrote:Could be that the belt is slipping and the CD/DVD tray does not travel to the farthest location/position to trigger a switch or sensor that will halt the tray.

Or some of the gears need lubrication and slows down or gets stuck and prevents the tray from traveling to the farthest location/position to trigger a switch or sensor that will halt the tray.

Maybe i could also bring them to a authorized service center for them to take a look whats wong. Thank you for your insights
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby qguy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 am

if its not an expensive DVD player, just replace it, you can buy new ones for less than 2k at most appliance store...

Jadis, try it ala NINJA STYLE , grab the disc without holding the tray, once you have mastered this step, try replacing the disc without holding the tray :devil:
qguy
Master
Master

Postby jadis » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:35 am

qguy wrote:if its not an expensive DVD player, just replace it, you can buy new ones for less than 2k at most appliance store...

Jadis, try it ala NINJA STYLE , grab the disc without holding the tray, once you have mastered this step, try replacing the disc without holding the tray :devil:

yeah, i've been an expert now in dismantling broken appliances and taking retrievable parts like heat sinks and mini fans. :D since i i can't build them, at least i can dissect them. :D

and yes, i've tried the ninja method, but at times my hand is not fast enough, i think that's where the scratch of my clair marlo cd came from. :D

i need to learn the shaolin style: :lol:

jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:34 pm

It may be a ribbon problem, which links the Transport to the controller. This can be easily replaced
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:41 pm

jadis wrote:
qguy wrote:if its not an expensive DVD player, just replace it, you can buy new ones for less than 2k at most appliance store...

yeah, i've been an expert now in dismantling broken appliances and taking retrievable parts like heat sinks and mini fans. :D since i i can't build them, at least i can dissect them. :D

and yes, i've tried the ninja method, but at times my hand is not fast enough, i think that's where the scratch of my clair marlo cd came from. :D

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow mas effective daw kaysa Drunken Master Phil :D :D :D :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:05 pm

JackD201 wrote:
jadis wrote:

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow mas effective daw kaysa Drunken Master Phil :D :D :D :D

:D :D I need to review the Snake moves, haven't seen that in ages. :lol:

Pero pag na master ko ang 1 inch punch, yari ang dvd disc, madadampot ko siya within 1 second then it can close for all I care, yun lang basag din ang disc. :D :D

jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby jundai15 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Jon Agner wrote:It may be a ribbon problem, which links the Transport to the controller. This can be easily replaced

Many thanks sir Jon Agner
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Return to NEWBIE Corner