Why all entrepreneurs should invest in a record player

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Why all entrepreneurs should invest in a record player

Postby muypogi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Interesting article from LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-all-entrepreneurs-should-invest-old-school-record-marc-hoag

Quotable Quotes:

"I didn't buy a record player just for its nostalgia or audio quality. I bought it for something else entirely. I bought it because it enabled me to disconnect. From everything. And to just listen to music and do nothing else at all."

"The difference in audio quality between records and digital audio is indeed immensely subtle, but if you can recognize and appreciate it, it is also immensely profound."

"Precisely because record players slow you down; because they offer an almost impossibly rare chance in today's world at actively slowing your entire life down: for 45 minutes at a time, record players require you to just sit, focus, and concentrate on the music, and that is all. Nothing else."
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Why all entrepreneurs should invest in a record player

Postby jundai15 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:42 pm

Many of my friends who also loves listening to music but prefer ipods or mp3 formats tease me or even question me why do I still buy vinyls or cd formats, just to avoid misunderstandings or confrontations, my answer is simple, its the pleasure of listening to those formats, and it's nothing to brag about. It's my happiness. :)
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Analog