The Dawn, Joey Albert and True Faith Vinyl Albums

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

The Dawn, Joey Albert and True Faith Vinyl Albums

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 am

Heads up in case you're as hopeful as I am that the next releases would continue to improve.

The following vinyl albums arrived today and will be out by Monday:

Artist: The Dawn
Title: Greatest

Side A:
1. Enveloped Ideas
2. Salamat
3. Love Will Set Us Free
4. Iisang Bangka
5. Talaga Naman

Side B:
1. Little Paradise
2. Runaway
3. Dreams
4. Abot Kamay
5. Salimpusa

++++++++++

Artist: TRUE FAITH
title: The Perfect Collection

Side A:
1. PERFECT
2. SA PUSO KO
3. DAHIL IKAW
4. (AWIT PARA) SA KANYA
5. MUNTIK NANG MAABOT ANG LANGIT

Side B:
1. ALAALA
2. HOW MUCH I FEEL
3. HUWAG NA LANG KAYA
4. KUNG OK LANG SA ‘YO
5. SUMASARAP ANG GISING

+++++++
Artist: JOEY ALBERT
title: The Hits Collection

Side A:
1. Tell Me
2. Yakapin Mo Ako
3. I Remember The Boy
4. Points Of View (Duet with Pops Fernandez)
5. Memories

Side B:
1. Million Miles Away
2. Without You
3. Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin
4. It’s Over Now
5. Back In My Arms
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Re: The Dawn, Joey Albert and True Faith Vinyl Albums

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:21 am

Just learned that the sound engineers in the country are a tightly-knit group. Here's hoping they band together as brothers in arms to continue to improve the SQ of the succeeding releases of mainstream companies. Along with my fellow vinyl enthusiasts, I salute Polyeast for daring to try out this beloved recording storage format even as I respectfully call their attention to the inputs raised in WS on the need to preserve the warm analog sound we've grown to identify with the medium.

Mabuhay ang OPM!

Mabuhay ang Musikerong Pinoy!
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:36 pm

ERRATUM:

WS, PDVD and Stereofiles Audio daw ang priority starting Monday via Polyeast office at Universal Tower, Quezon Ave, QC.

Astro availability is Dec 16 onwards. Please pass the word to those planning to buy.

Apologies.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby Damaged Goods » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:32 pm

bakit puro greatest hits ang lumalabas?.still waiting for a legit opm reissue
Damaged Goods
Citizen
Citizen

Postby paltic » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:50 pm

^yeah I also agree with DM. please try reissuing P.O.T.(since Polyeast) at Sandwich's recent albums... although Id still be buying The Dawn and True Faith's greatest hits albums
paltic
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnel90 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:28 am

How much would these albums cost Von?
arnel90
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Damaged Goods wrote:bakit puro greatest hits ang lumalabas?.still waiting for a legit opm reissue

Possibly more cost-effective, as the record company is releasing these almost purely on the strength of the demand from WS and PDVD. From a business standpoint, releasing a greatest hits album is a less-risky way of launching what is still a niche product. . . and an expensive one at that at PHP1,200 a pop.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:58 pm

muypogi wrote:
Damaged Goods wrote:bakit puro greatest hits ang lumalabas?.still waiting for a legit opm reissue

Possibly more cost-effective, as the record company is releasing these almost purely on the strength of the demand from WS and PDVD. From a business standpoint, releasing a greatest hits album is a less-risky way of launching what is still a niche product. . . and an expensive one at that at PHP1,200 a pop.

Bili mo ko ha :)
Superman
Master Showman

Postby muypogi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Sana maganda tunog . . .

muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby iceman30 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:00 pm

muypogi wrote:Sana maganda tunog . . .

Sir san nyo nbili? Galing ako kanina sa Astrovision megamall wala pa sila available
iceman30
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:46 pm

iceman30 wrote:

Sir san nyo nbili? Galing ako kanina sa Astrovision megamall wala pa sila available

From Polyeast mismo, in Quezon Avenue . . . it will stores this weekend or by next week yata.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby iceman30 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:54 am

muypogi wrote:
iceman30 wrote:

From Polyeast mismo, in Quezon Avenue . . . it will stores this weekend or by next week yata.

Thanks Bro :)
iceman30
Citizen
Citizen

Postby wilsontiulim » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 am

Sana pinagisipan din paano mas mapaganda yung mga covers, medyo di attractive, and Ke Joey lang me pic.
Last edited by wilsontiulim on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilsontiulim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby retro12195 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:41 am

sana tunog plaka :^)
retro12195
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Damaged Goods » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:48 pm

i hope next time they put extra effort on the covers, since packaging plays an important part in an album release...in my opinion the covers look bootleg themselves...pics,write ups ,etc would be a good come on especially for us collectors.just my 2 cents..

and also double check sa spelling of songs :wasntme:
Damaged Goods
Citizen
Citizen

Postby paltic » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Damaged Goods wrote:i hope next time they put extra effort on the covers, since packaging plays an important part in an album release...in my opinion the covers look bootleg themselves...pics,write ups ,etc would be a good come on especially for us collectors.just my 2 cents..

what? walang quality control...kahit man lang sa spelling???
paltic
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Yup, i would have hoped for a better artwork and liner notes :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby makinao » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:43 am

Damaged Goods wrote:i hope next time they put extra effort on the covers, since packaging plays an important part in an album release...in my opinion the covers look bootleg themselves...pics,write ups ,etc would be a good come on especially for us collectors.just my 2 cents..

I'm really not surprised. AFAIK, mainstream recording companies see artwork, liner notes, packaging, even copy editing as nothing more than unnecessary added expenses. Consulting with, and involving the original artist(s), engineers, and producers costs more money. And being fastidious about technical quality costs yet more money.

To me, this rash of vinyl releases is nothing more than jumping on the bandwagon. I see no artistic, creative, nor technological framework driving these projects. All they want is our money. I for one will not give them any of mine.
makinao
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bb3 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:46 am

makinao wrote:

I'm really not surprised. AFAIK, mainstream recording companies see artwork, liner notes, packaging, even copy editing as nothing more than unnecessary added expenses. Consulting with, and involving the original artist(s), engineers, and producers costs more money. And being fastidious about technical quality costs yet more money.

To me, this rash of vinyl releases is nothing more than jumping on the bandwagon. I see no artistic, creative, nor technological framework driving these projects. All they want is our money. I for one will not give them any of mine.

I may have to agree on makinao on this one.

It is clear that the purveyors of this project are not really record enthusiasts. They fail to see the importance of liner notes, jacket design, etc the way we appreciate and see significance on those things.
An informative and historical perspective of the artist, the recording process, and the reason for this analogue reissue would have been a welcome legacy that the recording company would have left for future generations to appreciate.

I come from the printing/graphic arts industry. Adding liner notes won’t even cause a dent on the P1200 price they are asking. Also, a fine arts student or a budding graphic artist could render a more attractive jacket. Heck, he may even do it for free as long as he’s credited on the album. – I would!
Apparently, the recording company didn’t even consider this avenue; and as stated above, makes this seem like a rush and hurried project just for the sake of the bottom line.

The technicalities involved to produce good sound on these reissues have numerous challenges. I may close my eyes on an inferior sound quality and let it slide. I understand that these are beyond their control.
But I cannot understand why they cannot come up with a packaging befitting the importance of these reissues.
Talagang mukhang binale wala lang.

It seems that the recording company is missing the whole point of these vinyl reissues. This was a chance for them to be that pioneering spirit reintroducing vinyl and ushering the second golden age of analogue here in the country.

This was a chance for them to be a part of local music/recording history.

They blew it.
Last edited by bb3 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pmaligaya » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 am

They should look at Penguin Books and the Criterion Collection as models. For Penguin, it's basically the same public domain books, in great-looking new editions with attractive packaging. For Criterion, it's the same art films, but cleaned up, with a lot of extras thrown in, in great packaging, sold at reasonable prices. And new generations of readers and viewers are picking them up and rediscovering the classics because the companies cared enough to make a big deal of these re-issues, not just to make money, but because that's what these works deserve.
pmaligaya
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to Analog