BEST OF JUAN DE LA CRUZ BAND ON VINYL

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

BEST OF JUAN DE LA CRUZ BAND ON VINYL

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Here is a prospective cover for THE BEST OF JDLC ON VINYL.

Anyone in WS willing to put up an FB page to like for Vicor to take notice?

While we're on the subject, anyone here who can check if creating such an FB site would need an explict permission from Vicor and the JLDC Band?

sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Re: BEST OF JUAN DE LA CRUZ BAND ON VINYL

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:56 pm

A prospective picture at the back.

sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Any takers then on the following:

1. write to VIcor and the JLDC band to ask their views about this proposal?

2. put up an FB page to like to generate enough sign ups to convince both the label and the band to greenlight this?
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 pm

RED HORSE might wish to help in funding this project to advance their MUSIKLABAN advocacy.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby bb3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:00 pm

I would suggest individual albums with their respective original jackets for JDLC.
The debut album, Up In Arms, (which is the most sought after) had other members aside from Pepe, Wally, and Mike.
Collectors find this first group totally different from the trios latter releases.

If someone will do this, he might as well do it right.
medyo mahal lang nga kung lahat ng albums i-release.
A double album with Up In Arms and other succeeding releases and explaining the history/evolution of the group can also be an option.

FYI, the pirated German press Up In Arms sells for USD50 up on the net.
I heard it's a horrible recording mastered from the vinyl. Pero bumenta pa rin.
That was several years ago.
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:17 pm

bb3 wrote:I would suggest individual albums with their respective original jackets for JDLC.
The debut album, Up In Arms, (which is the most sought after) had other members aside from Pepe, Wally, and Mike.
Collectors find this first group totally different from the trios latter releases.

A double album with Up In Arms and other succeeding releases and explaining the history/evolution of the group can also be an option.

Thanks for the inputs, Boy. Your comments above inspire me to check out their best of compilation released recently by Vicor. Would you know if all of these 18 tracks are indeed ESSENTIAL JDLC songs? The only ones I know are Himig Natin, Titset's..., No Touch, Beep Beep, and Balong Malalim.

Himig Natin *
Panahon
Titser's Enemi No. 1 *
No Touch *
Beep Beep *
Kahit Anong Mangyari
Balong Malalim *
Kagatan
Mamasyal sa Pilipinas
Palengke
Nadapa sa Arina
Rock and Roll sa Ulan
Pinoy Blues
Rak En Rol sa Mundo
Nakatagong Mata
Langit
Sarap ng Buhay
Last Song
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby bb3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm

sumnerbrowne wrote:
bb3 wrote:I would suggest individual albums with their respective original jackets for JDLC.

Thanks for the inputs, Boy. Your comments above inspire me to check out their best of compilation released recently by Vicor. Would you know if all of these 18 tracks are indeed ESSENTIAL JDLC songs? The only ones I know are Himig Natin, Titset's..., No Touch, Beep Beep, and Balong Malalim.

Himig Natin *
Panahon
Titser's Enemi No. 1 *
No Touch *
Beep Beep *
Kahit Anong Mangyari
Balong Malalim *
Kagatan
Mamasyal sa Pilipinas
Palengke
Nadapa sa Arina
Rock and Roll sa Ulan
Pinoy Blues
Rak En Rol sa Mundo
Nakatagong Mata
Langit
Sarap ng Buhay
Last Song

Sorry Von, am a JDLC fan but not really a JDLC guru/expert to suggest which would be the essential songs.
But going thru your list, mukhang wala nga yung mga tracks from UP In Arms like Requiem for a Head, Stranger In A Strange Land - a cover of Leon Russells' classic.
The original sound of the band on that debut album was more prog rock with brass section. The latter albums with Mike and Pepe were more like a power trio ala Cream.
Also it should be noted that hindi pa kasama si Mike and Pepe when Wally formed the band.
Before Up In Arms release, I think it was the late great Bosyo Fortuno doing duty on the drums.
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Minus the Eraserheads and after the Dawn which Richard says will see the light of day, maybe it's this band's vinyl album that should see the light of day. After all, Bamboo the band harks back to the JDLC legacy in the rock song that helped it breakthru. To wit:

Dinig mo ba ang bulong ng lahi mo?
Isigaw mo kapatid, ang himig natin...

Hoy, pinoy ako!
Buo aking Loob, may agimat ang dugo ko!
Hoy, oh pinoy ako!
May agimat ang dugo ko

But I digress, any takers then to push this with Vicor and the JDLC Band?
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:50 pm

bb3 wrote:
sumnerbrowne wrote:

Himig Natin *
Panahon
Titser's Enemi No. 1 *
No Touch *
Beep Beep *
Kahit Anong Mangyari
Balong Malalim *
Kagatan
Mamasyal sa Pilipinas
Palengke
Nadapa sa Arina
Rock and Roll sa Ulan
Pinoy Blues
Rak En Rol sa Mundo
Nakatagong Mata
Langit
Sarap ng Buhay
Last Song

Sorry Von, am a JDLC fan but not really a JDLC guru/expert to suggest which would be the essential songs.
But going thru your list, mukhang wala nga yung mga tracks from UP In Arms like Requiem for a Head, Stranger In A Strange Land - a cover of Leon Russells' classic.
The original sound of the band on that debut album was more prog rock with brass section. The latter albums with Mike and Pepe were more like a power trio ala Cream.
Also it should be noted that hindi pa kasama si Mike and Pepe when Wally formed the band.
Before Up In Arms release, I think it was the late great Bosyo Fortuno doing duty on the drums.[/quote

Thanks, Boy. I think I will do my Pinoy rock homework and give their 18 greatest hits a listen.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby Jon Agner » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 am

so where are our two resident progressive rock music experts Sir Robert (aka Bebop) and Ronald "loverboy"recordmogul? THey can provide good insights on what should/could be part of this compilation.

By the way, there was a previous release of the best of JDLC in vinyl.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby recordmogul » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Jon Agner wrote:so where are our two resident progressive rock music experts Sir Robert (aka Bebop) and Ronald "loverboy"recordmogul? THey can provide good insights on what should/could be part of this compilation.

By the way, there was a previous release of the best of JDLC in vinyl.

sir jon, si bob ang expert dito. kung si eddie peregrina at victor wood, 'yan, linya ko 'yan. ang suggestion ko lang. mas ok kung per album, i agree with sir boy. parang beatles din 'yan. hindi lang pinapakinggan ang hits nila kundi lahat ng individual albums. kung hindi naman possible 'yung lahat ng LPs at compilation lang, i suggest 'yung cover ng "super session" nila ang art work. simple lang pero may arrive.
recordmogul
Master
Master

Postby devo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:57 pm

recordmogul wrote: i agree with sir boy. parang beatles din 'yan. hindi lang pinapakinggan ang hits nila kundi lahat ng individual albums.

Very much agree with the suggestions of BB3 and Recordmogul :clap: ..... huwag lang kalimutan ang SUPER SESSION album :rock:
devo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:36 pm

how much would it cost for a box set kaya? :?: :?: :?: :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby sumnerbrowne » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:07 am

Jon Agner wrote:how much would it cost for a box set kaya? :?: :?: :?: :D

Si Vicor lang makakasagot nito, Jon.

Which brings us back again to the question, who will lead this initiative? :D :) Unless Joey Smith convinces Red Horse fund it.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby CLOCKWORK ORANGE » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:25 am

The idea of individual albums is very exciting. Considering the contribution of Juan Dela Cruz Band to rock music, and OPM in general, this will be a well-deserved tribute. In the process, it will keep the band's music alive not only for the fans to treasure but also for the new generation to hear and appreciate. Moreover, it can be a big help in the revival of OPM on vinyl. For re-issues, I believe every great Filipino artist deserves well-made individual albums.
As for the proposed cover design, I think the logo of the band is brilliant. It has become the unmistakable logo for the band. But, if I may say, the background seems to resemble that of Madonna's MDNA album, especially when you look inside the booklet. Again, this is just my observation. In Madonna's album, there are 12 panels in the background, which is a representation of it being her 12th studio album (excluding compilation and soundtrack albums). Now, I don't know about what those panels represent for the Juan Dela Cruz Band.
I hope there will be more OPM vinyl releases every month. Congratulations, Polyeast and all the vinyl enthusiasts!You made it happen. More...more...more!
CLOCKWORK ORANGE

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:08 am

CLOCKWORK ORANGE wrote:The idea of individual albums is very exciting. Considering the contribution of Juan Dela Cruz Band to rock music, and OPM in general, this will be a well-deserved tribute. In the process, it will keep the band's music alive not only for the fans to treasure but also for the new generation to hear and appreciate. Moreover, it can be a big help in the revival of OPM on vinyl. For re-issues, I believe every great Filipino artist deserves well-made individual albums.
As for the proposed cover design, I think the logo of the band is brilliant. It has become the unmistakable logo for the band. But, if I may say, the background seems to resemble that of Madonna's MDNA album, especially when you look inside the booklet. Again, this is just my observation. In Madonna's album, there are 12 panels in the background, which is a representation of it being her 12th studio album (excluding compilation and soundtrack albums). Now, I don't know about what those panels represent for the Juan Dela Cruz Band.
I hope there will be more OPM vinyl releases every month. Congratulations, Polyeast and all the vinyl enthusiasts!You made it happen. More...more...more!

Hi Clockwork, maybe this could be an alternative cover if and when JDLCB and Vicor greenlight the project:

sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby rappp » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:39 pm

Good pm sirs. Newbie here. Just want to ask how much is the current price of a juan dela cruz himig natin vinyl album. Thanks! Im willing to part with mine for a decent price just pm me.
rappp

Postby wilsontiulim » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:33 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:Here is a prospective cover for THE BEST OF JDLC ON VINYL.

Anyone in WS willing to put up an FB page to like for Vicor to take notice?

While we're on the subject, anyone here who can check if creating such an FB site would need an explict permission from Vicor and the JLDC Band?

Cover Rating: 2/10
wilsontiulim
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Analog