DIY SHOWCASE ROOM

Moderators: vintage_dog, JackD201

Re: DIY SHOWCASE ROOM

Postby karlcastillo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
karlcastillo wrote:Sana next year bigger room for the DIY guys.

Karl,

Compared to the previous Hifi shows, this year there are three rooms that were dedicated to DIY: Val''s, Wiredstate Hifi lounge and Harana Audio ;) :D :D :D

Yup. Our guys deserve the space. I just think a bigger room for the DIY challenge for example would allow more fans to congregate in the room. :)
karlcastillo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

karlcastillo wrote:
Jon Agner wrote:

Karl,

Compared to the previous Hifi shows, this year there are three rooms that were dedicated to DIY: Val''s, Wiredstate Hifi lounge and Harana Audio ;) :D :D :D

Yup. Our guys deserve the space. I just think a bigger room for the DIY challenge for example would allow more fans to congregate in the room. :)

Yup, hope your wish comes true :D If we can get sponsors for a small auditorium we may be able to hold an all DIY audio festival :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby dimfer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 pm

highlander wrote:Image

hope somebody can identify the nice looking fellas in the pictures
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:30 am

Highlander, nagkita ba tayo sa room? Sorry bro di na kita nakilala...glad the baguio guys made it to the show...meron pba iba from baguio?
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kaffee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 am

trod93 wrote:Image

... You'll be quite surprised with these.

The question now is how much will I sell them, if ever. Depends on how I will showcase them during the show. Will I field them bare and showcase sub 2k speakers, or, dress them up, and, still, cost like a branded entry-level pair? Tignan na lang natin how they will fare in the challenge.

Thanks.

Happy to have met these creations "in person," and to meet Tony and Tony. As for the visitor who asked where the subs were, I wondered myself for a while! Have you considered their post-Event price yet, Tony? =)
/k

karlcastillo wrote:
Jon Agner wrote:

Karl,

Agree, especially if it is to let more curious minds in and allow for enough elbow space between them =)
kaffee
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:54 am

vintage_dog wrote:Highlander, nagkita ba tayo sa room? Sorry bro di na kita nakilala...glad the baguio guys made it to the show...meron pba iba from baguio?

Wye fi was there Saturday morning
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:56 am

dimfer wrote:

First pic L-R: Edrel, Jon Agner, Tony, Trod93

The 5th guy in the second pic is benjie
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby tony » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 am

Jon Agner wrote:
Yup, hope your wish comes true :D If we can get sponsors for a small auditorium we may be able to hold an all DIY audio festival :D :D

perhaps some universities/schools can sponsor us, they have something to gain also if they do.....we can hold lectures for students interested to learn, a tube appreciation class of sorts, perhaps we can spark some enthusiasm in the youth so that the tube technology passes on to them after we are gone.... :)
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tony » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 am

kaffee wrote:Happy to have met these creations "in person," and to meet Tony and Tony. As for the visitor who asked where the subs were, I wondered myself for a while! Have you considered their post-Event price yet, Tony? =)
/k

the prices will not be too far off from the 35k budget since these were made for the love of the hobby, if ever i sell my stuff it is just to roll over and enable me to make other creations, i have a lot of designs running in my head, it would be nice if i can have the cash to turn them into reality, but more than the cash, time is also critical as we diy'ers are more often than not a one man show..........
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 am

tony wrote:
kaffee wrote:Happy to have met these creations "in person," and to meet Tony and Tony. As for the visitor who asked where the subs were, I wondered myself for a while! Have you considered their post-Event price yet, Tony? =)
/k

the prices will not be too far off from the 35k budget since these were made for the love of the hobby, if ever i sell my stuff it is just to roll over and enable me to make other creations, i have a lot of designs running in my head, it would be nice if i can have the cash to turn them into reality, but more than the cash, time is also critical as we diy'ers are more often than not a one man show..........

Tony,

That's the whole point of the WS DIY Room :) The two rooms that sandwiched us also started from the DIY room, and I'm also sure the TNT duo will have its own showcased gadgets - from the tonearm/turntable analog front, all the way to the speakers - in the future HiFi shows :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Again, its been my pleasure of joining you, Tony R, Edrel, Rene, Erick, and Benjie at rm 446 during the hifi show.

BTW, I'll drop off my Test CD at your place this weekend.

Cheers.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby trod93 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 am

Hi guys.

Do you want to take another look at them? Let's have a session this coming weekend.

I rested my ears for a day, nabugbog masyado last weekend. Listened to them again this morning. Frankly, I never managed to test them after finishing, around 5pm, because I had to rush to Dusit already. Aerosol paint nga lang topcoat. I was confident naman when I was done. My experience is when everything is sealed tight plus another layer of 1/8 veneered plywood wrapped around them, the sound always improves. Now, everything jumped a notch higher in a more controlled environment - bass detail, imaging and even the soundstage - way beyond the speakers.

Just confirm if you want to listen to them again, so, Tukayo and I will set them up in my room. I might even have some other gear for sale you want to look at - vintage tts and speakers.

Thanks.
trod93
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tony » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 pm

@jon, thanks....
@tukayo, game ako dyan.....let us try the aikido this time, i will just need to replace the pot and its ready...
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby highlander » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 pm

vintage_dog wrote:Highlander, nagkita ba tayo sa room? Sorry bro di na kita nakilala...glad the baguio guys made it to the show...meron pba iba from baguio?

Hi VD, I was inside the room when you came in...I should have introduced myself :$

Had a quick snap of you entering the room... ;)

highlander
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby nicole » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
dimfer wrote:

First pic L-R: Edrel, Jon Agner, Tony, Trod93

The 5th guy in the second pic is benjie

Congrats mga idol..
nicole
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tony » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:49 pm

thanks nicole, sana next year we can have some participation from AlexG and S2kov also para mas masaya.... :D
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby s2kov » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Congrats to all diy'er who participated in the show! :)
s2kov
Citizen
Citizen

Postby geriboy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:37 am

trod93 wrote:Hi guys.

Do you want to take another look at them? Let's have a session this coming weekend.

I rested my ears for a day, nabugbog masyado last weekend. Listened to them again this morning. Frankly, I never managed to test them after finishing, around 5pm, because I had to rush to Dusit already. Aerosol paint nga lang topcoat. I was confident naman when I was done. My experience is when everything is sealed tight plus another layer of 1/8 veneered plywood wrapped around them, the sound always improves. Now, everything jumped a notch higher in a more controlled environment - bass detail, imaging and even the soundstage - way beyond the speakers.

Just confirm if you want to listen to them again, so, Tukayo and I will set them up in my room. I might even have some other gear for sale you want to look at - vintage tts and speakers.

Thanks.

sir trod93, when will be this listening session? Sana either saturday or sunday :) I wasn't able to attend the HiFi show and I'm very much interested in listening to the DIY stuff. If this will push through, can I join? Thanks!
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby moddude » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:53 am

hi Jon/Mang Tony,

it was nice talking to both of you at length during the show. I saw a genuine DIY passion in you guys , seeing and hearing you explain to all visitors the gospel of DIY ethos.

i sure would like to talk to you more re the PP amp . If i get a free weekend , i will definitely call and schedule something.

Congrats to all and keep the faith!
moddude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tony » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:51 am

moddude wrote:hi Jon/Mang Tony,

it was nice talking to both of you at length during the show. I saw a genuine DIY passion in you guys , seeing and hearing you explain to all visitors the gospel of DIY ethos.

i sure would like to talk to you more re the PP amp . If i get a free weekend , i will definitely call and schedule something.

Congrats to all and keep the faith!

thanks, i am more than willing to share what little i know about tube amps.. :D ..after all i am a DIY'er and does not plan to make a career out of selling amps.....
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:49 pm

here are a few images from rm 446:

Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to 35K DIY Challenge