Interconnects for MacBook pro

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Interconnects for MacBook pro

Postby muniman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:54 am

Hi Guys,

I trust everyone's doing well. I just purchased a MacBook Pro and i wonder how i can integrate this to my audio system. I'm not really familiar on the cables/interconnects used for this kind of source. To give you some idea of my set-up, i am using a the following gear:

pre-amp - Conrad Johnson PV2
power amo - Rotel 1582

the pre-amp has no optical or coaxial cable outputs. it can only handle rca interconnects. is there a usb cable terminated by an rca? hehe, sorry if i sound so dumb :D Thanks in advance guys.

pau
muniman
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Interconnects for MacBook pro

Postby nicole » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:50 pm

muniman wrote:Hi Guys,

I trust everyone's doing well. I just purchased a MacBook Pro and i wonder how i can integrate this to my audio system. I'm not really familiar on the cables/interconnects used for this kind of source. To give you some idea of my set-up, i am using a the following gear:

power amo - Rotel 1582

the pre-amp has no optical or coaxial cable outputs. it can only handle rca interconnects. is there a usb cable terminated by an rca? hehe, sorry if i sound so dumb :D Thanks in advance guys.

pau

you can use the headphone out for connecting it to your preamp. (3.5mm to RCA cable)

USB to RCA

Or buy a USB DAC which you can connect to your USB port then to RCA out going to your preamp.
nicole
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:48 pm

power amo - Rotel 1582

pau

You can do:

1) Analog connection

- via 3.5mm plug to 2 RCA cable, available at your local Ace Hardware . . . choose from the ultra cheap black and red cable or you can get the more expensive cables at DIgital Walker/Powermac/A-Shop/etc or at audiophile stores

2) Digital via connection to DAC

- USB of Mac to USB of DAC
- minitoslink (optical) from your Mac's headphone out (yes, digital out din yan) to the DAC's optical in (cheap optical cable wiyth 3.5mm adapters available at Ace Hardware brand name is Audiopro)
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby muniman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm

muypogi wrote:

power amo - Rotel 1582

pau

You can do:

1) Analog connection

- via 3.5mm plug to 2 RCA cable, available at your local Ace Hardware . . . choose from the ultra cheap black and red cable or you can get the more expensive cables at DIgital Walker/Powermac/A-Shop/etc or at audiophile stores

2) Digital via connection to DAC

- USB of Mac to USB of DAC
- minitoslink (optical) from your Mac's headphone out (yes, digital out din yan) to the DAC's optical in (cheap optical cable wiyth 3.5mm adapters available at Ace Hardware brand name is Audiopro)

Thank you very much Sir! appreciate it. :)
muniman
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Digital