Portable CD Players

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Portable CD Players

Postby paeng » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Where can I buy a portable CD player, preferably new, in Metro Manila? I've seen a few online, but they are costly (almost $200 for a Panasonic).

If I have to get it second-hand, where can I find lots to choose from beside online? Are there stores that sell them in Raon?

Finally, if I have to buy online from abroad, can anyone recommend the best way to order them (that's not too expensive) besides balikbayan boxes?
paeng
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Portable CD Players

Postby Truer » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:18 am

paeng wrote:Where can I buy a portable CD player, preferably new, in Metro Manila? I've seen a few online, but they are costly (almost $200 for a Panasonic).

If I have to get it second-hand, where can I find lots to choose from beside online? Are there stores that sell them in Raon?

Finally, if I have to buy online from abroad, can anyone recommend the best way to order them (that's not too expensive) besides balikbayan boxes?

hi sir paeng...i am using this one...and really enjoying it...it's MP3 format Sony Portable CD Player with G-Shock...and i just bought it ¥10,000 (P5,400.00)...i think it scattered online shopping...
Truer
Citizen
Citizen

Postby brainwashed » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 pm

paeng wrote:Where can I buy a portable CD player, preferably new, in Metro Manila? I've seen a few online, but they are costly (almost $200 for a Panasonic).

There are still electronic stores in the malls(lower class), that sell brand new cd players. Some SM appliance centers would probably have a sony or philips cd player still available. There would definitely be stores in Raon that sell them brand new, just make sure they are not fake or clones. As for second-hand, there are some probably still available from sidewalk vendors at Quezon boulevard, the side opposite Quiapo church and going to Recto.
brainwashed
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Gino » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:43 pm

I have a Panasonic CT800. Very slim. It was hardly used. I don't know the battery's condition but I'm sure you can source them. PM me if interested. Bahala ka na sa presyo.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby paeng » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Thanks for the help! I saw the CT800 in Amazon, but I can't afford it ($300+). I'd like to buy something like the Sony (around $40), but I could not find any in local stores. (Sony USA sells it but not Sony PH.) I called a local courier and found out that I can order online and have it air shipped to PH for around $20, but I'll see if I can check Raon first.
paeng
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Gino » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:28 pm

PM'd you about my CT800.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Digital