Harbeths Availability

audio toys from sunny Cebu!

Moderator: fld

Re: Harbeths Availability

Postby carbondated » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:16 am

How do you switch between amps? Do you just unplug and replug or do you have amp switcher (if such a thing exists -- it really should...)?
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby magnus » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:21 am

carbondated wrote:How do you switch between amps? Do you just unplug and replug or do you have amp switcher (if such a thing exists -- it really should...)?

Both amps have speaker wires attached to them. I simply swap out the speaker leads.
magnus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby magnus » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:34 am

I've heard about the Niles Audio amp switcher which functions like a preamp with the output of two amps connected to this device. I suppose similar devices would be popular among dealers who could use these to demonstrate the sound quality of two or more amps using one speaker. While devices like these might make things convenient, you end up adding another device to your signal chain.

If there's one thing about the C7es3 is it does sound great with my 8watt SET amp when I listen to lounge music set ups, e.g. piano, guitar or violin, bass, vocals. The music of Linda Rosenthal using a Stradivarius violin on solo is just hauntingly magical on my Harbeth. This was one of the major considerations I had when thought of purchasing this speaker as I wanted to be able to use my SET amp and I was concerned that it would not be able to drive the C7es3. Ferdie assured me that it would sound wonderful and it certainly does.
magnus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby hypertriode » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:30 pm

magnus wrote:This was one of the major considerations I had when thought of purchasing this speaker as I wanted to be able to use my SET amp and I was concerned that it would not be able to drive the C7es3. Ferdie assured me that it would sound wonderful and it certainly does.

The steroid shot (AN OPT's) on your SET amp was timely bro! 8)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby narayan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:13 pm

congrats on your new speakers albert :clap: :clap: :clap: padinig naman one pf these days :P
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby fld » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:39 am

new stocks of Harbeths just arrived:

a.) Compact 7es3 in cherry
b.) P3es in cherry & rosewood
c.) SHL5 in cherry

Inquire for pricing for interested parties.
limited stocks...

Thanks.
Ferdie
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby timber715 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:40 am

I love my C7... though a P3 for my room size is perfect, I really want a SHL5... :geek:
timber715
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:35 am

timber715 wrote:I love my C7... though a P3 for my room size is perfect, I really want a SHL5... :geek:

Hehe sardines ulit? :lol: Ako din, type ko SHL5, pero saka na lang. . .

Cherry seems to be the favourite.. . nobody likes rosewood or tiger ebony?
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby timber715 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:57 pm

muypogi wrote:
timber715 wrote:I love my C7... though a P3 for my room size is perfect, I really want a SHL5... :geek:

Hehe sardines ulit? :lol: Ako din, type ko SHL5, pero saka na lang. . .

Cherry seems to be the favourite.. . nobody likes rosewood or tiger ebony?

not much for ebony for me, but rosewood is really something I like.... with a trip scheduled next year, malabo ang upgrade ko since I am on sardines na saving up for pocket money...
but... who knows, often happens when we least expect them :clap:
timber715
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sheepboy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks Ferdie for the swift delivery of my Harbeth C7. Received it around lunch time today and I cant switch off my system as of writing. :) The reviews are true. Ive wrongly prejudged the Harbeths for quite some time coz of it's looks and now I find myself struck with awe. Great mids and the guitar strings? Very natural, I hear everything. This is what Iv been searching for. I should not have judged the Harbeths before hearing them sing. Proud owner. Now I know why my audiophile friends covet the Harbeths. Sorry guys nauna na ako, order na lang kayo while meron onhand stocks pa :). Ferdie gives good realistic reviews wc are i can say true. Thanks Ferds.
Last edited by sheepboy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheepboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby forseti » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:07 pm

sheepboy wrote:Thanks Ferdie for the swift delivery of my Harbeth C7. Received it around lunch time today and I cant switch off my system as of writing. :) The reviews are true. Ive wrongly prejudged the Harbeths for quite some time coz of it's looks and now I find myself struck with awe. Great mids and the guitar strings? Very natural, I hear everything. This is what Im been searching for. I should not have judged the Harbeths before hearing them sing. Proud owner. Now I know why my audiophile friends covet the Harbeths. Sorry guys nauna na ako, order na lang kayo while meron onhand stocks pa :). Ferdie gives good realistic reviews wc are i can say true. Thanks Ferds.

Great find Ronnie!
forseti
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sheepboy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks Lawrence for the consultation :). Parang wala nang break in break in the Harbeths. What more after the break in? Mukhng walang tulugan yung kapitbahay ko :)
sheepboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby forseti » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 pm

You can say that Ronnie, kahit di matulog kapitbahay mo at least they are privilege in listening to a pair of Harbeths. ;)
forseti
Citizen
Citizen

Postby timber715 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:38 am

I wonder how nice the Harbeth factory would look like? Would be nice if someone can post pictures.... :wasntme:
timber715
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to >> Sounds N Images <<