LF 2A3 amps and a preamp

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

LF 2A3 amps and a preamp

Postby bangyay » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Ok, here's my problem...

My speakers will be delivered soon and I have had suggestions to bi amp. I have asked around and talked to several amp builders but most have been either too busy or their amps were way beyond my budget. When I had these speakers made, I thought I would have more than enough time (and the budget) to have two tube amps and a preamp made. Sadly, I was not able to do this and now I am so eager to test my new speakers but still without any tube amps. I do have an SS amp that I use with my current speakers but I would really love to try tubes, SET 2A3 in particular.

Is there anyone here in WS willing to loan me out a couple of SET 2A3s (or a 2a3 and 300B) and a tube preamp so I can test my speakers? I know I might be asking too much by posting this (esp. being a newbie here) but I really have no choice at this point. As I will be having amps and a preamp made at a later time, I would appreciate it if someone can lend me amps made by our master builders here in WS so I can decide which way to go...

Kindly PM me if you are willing, plus your terms and conditions, if any. The only thing I can offer at this point is perhaps a nice dinner and wine if and when the speakers get here... :D

P.S. If it matters, I live in Quezon City, Cubao specifically. Maraming salamat!
bangyay

Re: LF 2A3 amps and a preamp

Postby arnoldc » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:31 pm

So, what are the specs of the speakers?
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby bangyay » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Sorry sir, its a 2-way speaker... they were made my Larry (Camotecue), using GPA 414 8B as woofs and a midhorn using GPA 802 8G. Thanks.
bangyay

Postby desmo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Bangyay I can lend you my new and unused Harana Isabel preamp. Just give me a PM.
desmo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bangyay » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:54 pm

desmo wrote:Bangyay I can lend you my new and unused Harana Isabel preamp. Just give me a PM.

Thanks for the offer sir. Appreciate it. Will PM you as soon as I get confirmation from Larry re delivery...
bangyay

Postby AbadSantos 7 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:03 pm

I have an idle 2a3 amp (DIY) but would be needing some check. Pm me for the details.

Amp is in Pampanga.
AbadSantos 7
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bangyay » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:31 am

AbadSantos 7 wrote:I have an idle 2a3 amp (DIY) but would be needing some check. Pm me for the details.

Amp is in Pampanga.

Thanks so much sir. PM you later pagdating sa ofc.
bangyay

Return to DIY and Tubes