venue and date for the event

Moderators: vintage_dog, JackD201

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:25 pm

no venue pa identified. working out with detubo, val and some other guys. idea is just one open hall or big function room or ballroom.

guys, idea plang ha, so wla pa final. :)

if you have some ideas, suggestions, let's hear them.

as for the date, earliest na ung end-May but not sure yet if that's enough time for the builders and the organizers. so could be much later pa. net, no definite date yet.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Re: venue and date for the event

Postby joe3rp » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Francis, will having MODELS improve our chances of winning? :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: They will hold your hand and/or cater to your need while listening to our system. That is why kasali si TONOMAN sa group namin...that is his contribution...among others :devil: :devil: :devil:

FYI we are also adding oldfogey to our TEAM! He will be the sommelier! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Will "names" to speaker/system also improve chances of winning :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
joe3rp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:26 pm

joe3rp wrote:Francis, will having MODELS improve our chances of winning? :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: They will hold your hand and/or cater to your need while listening to our system. That is why kasali si TONOMAN sa group namin...that is his contribution...among others :devil: :devil: :devil:

FYI we are also adding oldfogey to our TEAM! He will be the sommelier! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Will "names" to speaker/system also improve chances of winning :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you guys are very resourceful and creative... so long as your models ay ka age ni ella, pde na rin :lol: :devil: remember, hindi ako kali sa judging :P
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ttommy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:56 am

What about a name for the event-- Wiredstock!

Logo could use a word to form PCB trace, ala mockup below.

ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 am

ttommy wrote:What about a name for the event-- Wiredstock!

brilliant! i love it 8)
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby alexg » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:05 am

vintage_dog wrote:no venue pa identified. working out with detubo, val and some other guys. idea is just one open hall or big function room or ballroom.

as for the date, earliest na ung end-May but not sure yet if that's enough time for the builders and the organizers. so could be much later pa. net, no definite date yet.

Open hall or big function room for a flea powered SET will be a nightmare for the diyer... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alexg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:11 am

alexg wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:no venue pa identified. working out with detubo, val and some other guys. idea is just one open hall or big function room or ballroom.

Open hall or big function room for a flea powered SET will be a nightmare for the diyer... :(

the systems will be evaluated almost near-field. they are not expected to power up the hall :D

don't under estimate the flea-powered monsters. :devil: they will rock with the right speakers :)

do you have an entry? no cause to worry. :lol:

the other consideration in all is the budget. if guys can pitch-in enough so each one has dedicated room, that's ideal. unfortunately, wala tayo pera hahaha
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby alexg » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am

@VD, am teaming up with Edrel.

alexg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:24 am

alexg wrote:@VD, am teaming up with Edrel.

don't worry, kayang kaya yan...everyone nman will be in same hall so no one has a significant advantage/disadvantage over the other.

same source (ipod), same music, same room, same judges. nag kaiba lang sa systems nyo :)

good luck :rock:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JackD201 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am

ttommy wrote:What about a name for the event-- Wiredstock!

Panay point to point mga DIYers natin :D :D :D

Love the name though! :rock: :rock: :rock:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 am

oo nga nman :rock: :lol:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jonas » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 am

if you're okay with a village clubhouse, i suggest mckinley hill village in taguig. i can take care of the clubhouse rental for the first 3 hours (puede pang mag-swimming yung gustong magpalamig). you just have to tell me date and time so i can ask if its available (and if im available).
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 am

jonas wrote:

if you're okay with a village clubhouse, i suggest mckinley hill village in taguig. i can take care of the clubhouse rental for the first 3 hours (puede pang mag-swimming yung gustong magpalamig). you just have to tell me date and time so i can ask if its available (and if im available).

wow, that's great. will check-out place and let you know. thanks for a most generous offer! :rock:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Return to 35K DIY Challenge