SAKURA AV-200T Tube Amp

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

Re: SAKURA AV-200T Tube Amp

Postby tony » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:10 am

tawag ka 738-5635
Last edited by tony on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bosing214 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:36 am

tnx a lot po ulit sir for imparting additional knowledge...puro daya pala po ito ampli nato...sa ulitin po
bosing214

Postby tony » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 am

bosing214 wrote:tnx a lot po ulit sir for imparting additional knowledge...puro daya pala po ito ampli nato...sa ulitin po

the chinese designer should be slapped in the hand.... :D :D :D

the first single great mod to this amp would be to connect hanging pins to the working pins of the 6N2 tube....i.e.

pin1//pin6
pin2//pin7
pin3//pin8

doing this ensures long life for the tube...
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby endrik35 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 am

bosing214 wrote:tnx a lot po ulit sir for imparting additional knowledge...puro daya pala po ito ampli nato...sa ulitin po

You can't expect much from a tube amp this cheap. Something's gotta give. You're better off making your tube amp with premium parts from a well tested design or just commision Sir Tony to build one for you :D
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bosing214 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:18 pm

totoo po un sir natuwa lang ako ng makita ko sa raon....imagine until now me de-tubo pa rin, natawa nga sakin uncle ko kc phase out na daw bumili pako....pero siguro sir dito ko magkakaroon ng knowledge about tube type ampli.... pagme-budget na ko sir tawag ako ke sir tony for the DIY tube type project...tnx a lot again.... LONG LIVE WIREDSTATE MEMBERS!
bosing214

Postby badongsky » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:13 am

oh oh, does this mean the amp is no good? sayang lang pera? or me potential naman basta sundin ung mod tip/s ni sir Tony?

endrik35 wrote:You can't expect much from a tube amp this cheap. Something's gotta give. You're better off making your tube amp with premium parts from a well tested design or just commision Sir Tony to build one for you :D

sir, can you recommend some? where to buy? thanks

tony wrote:the chinese designer should be slapped in the hand.... :D :D :D

the first single great mod to this amp would be to connect hanging pins to the working pins of the 6N2 tube....i.e.

pin1//pin6
pin2//pin7
pin3//pin8

doing this ensures long life for the tube...

sir Tony, same question po: hindi po ba maganda ung amp? or may potential naman basta sundin ung tip nyo? besides connecting the pins, any additional valuable tips? BTW magkano po kung magpapagawa ng tube amp sa inyo? thanks
badongsky

Postby tony » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:42 am

sir Tony, same question po: hindi po ba maganda ung amp? or may potential naman basta sundin ung tip nyo? besides connecting the pins, any additional valuable tips? BTW magkano po kung magpapagawa ng tube amp sa inyo? thanks

at 3500 pesos, this amp is what can be called a bang for the buck amp.......it's got the looks and the sound to match.... :D

out of the box, the paralleling of unused pins to the working pins is a must imho....

my main complaint with this amp is that there are too many coupling caps in the signal path and electrolytics at that....so replacing them with films is a step in the right direction, getting rid of some is even better, after all, for me the best cap is "no cap"...... ;)
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tenderobject » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:31 am

interesting. mga magkano kaya? :D

endrik35 wrote:

You can't expect much from a tube amp this cheap. Something's gotta give. You're better off making your tube amp with premium parts from a well tested design or just commision Sir Tony to build one for you :D
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby badongsky » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:36 pm

tony wrote:

at 3500 pesos, this amp is what can be called a bang for the buck amp.......it's got the looks and the sound to match.... :D

out of the box, the paralleling of unused pins to the working pins is a must imho....

my main complaint with this amp is that there are too many coupling caps in the signal path and electrolytics at that....so replacing them with films is a step in the right direction, getting rid of some is even better, after all, for me the best cap is "no cap"...... ;)

coming from an owner that's good to hear sir, atleast sulit ung pagkabili

will heed your advice on the paralleling of unused pins to prolong the life of the tubes

i would like to hear more on the replacement with film caps and the better route of "no caps" sir if you don't mind

thanks

sir tenderobject, less than 4K sa raon at meron din sa sulit nung Sakura AV200T
badongsky

Postby manu1417 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi, malapit po ako sa antipolo, saan po kaya ako makakabili??

nakita ko sa pinoydvd yung showroom nila http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,184480.0.html

6k na :sweat:
manu1417

Postby tony » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:56 pm

if i read the ad right, price is negotiable....they are moving to St. Francis Square soon....
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ButchLerio » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:24 am

i recently got this amp from Mr. Rene Rivo..i think he tweaked some things about it..when i played my vinyl with it,...WOW! for a newbie in this hobby, with the sound you get, it's like saying to yourself, "now i know how to appreciate music."
ButchLerio

Postby jundai15 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:38 am

ButchLerio wrote:i recently got this amp from Mr. Rene Rivo..i think he tweaked some things about it..when i played my vinyl with it,...WOW! for a newbie in this hobby, with the sound you get, it's like saying to yourself, "now i know how to appreciate music."

Hot Rod na yang Sakura Tube Amp mo, with phono output, meron na ba speaker delay function yan to avoid damage to your speakers?
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ButchLerio » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:46 pm

jundai15 wrote:
ButchLerio wrote:i recently got this amp from Mr. Rene Rivo..i think he tweaked some things about it..when i played my vinyl with it,...WOW! for a newbie in this hobby, with the sound you get, it's like saying to yourself, "now i know how to appreciate music."

Hot Rod na yang Sakura Tube Amp mo, with phono output, meron na ba speaker delay function yan to avoid damage to your speakers?

I don't think it does..i'm not sure.. it has dials on the side for bass and treble
ButchLerio

Postby tony » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:48 am

all sakura's i have seen have a speaker delay...some are faster than the others, a simple timing capacitor change fixes this issue...
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby xZx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:30 pm

just got off the phone with Sakura's showroom in St. Francis square. Phased out na raw yung AV-200T nila at wala pa daw sa ngayon na replacement model.

mayroon po bang makapagtuturo sa inyo kung saan makakabili ng ganito dito sa Metro-Manila?

salamat!
xZx

Postby tony » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:05 pm

try mo si Rene Rivo or Ed Paman, bake meron pa sila...nasa facebook sila parejo....

i have also been asking around Raon, even asking for defective units, pero so far no luck...
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby clemenza » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:11 am

tony wrote:tawag ka 738-5635

Hi s'tony,

Newbie ako, got a sakura av-200t 2nd hand...read a lot of post about you tweaking it, also yoi made the Fisher brand dun sa tweaked sakura mo sabi sa PinoyDVD. May i know your location, also wala pala phono pre amp output un amp ko kaya di ko pa cya magamit. Tnx
clemenza

Postby clemenza » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 am

I finally made contact with s'Tony about my inquiry ng Sakura Tweaking...unfortunately he no longer tweaks sakura tube.
clemenza

Postby tony » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:41 am

i do not tweak the sakura like the others, i repair them when they no longer work.
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to DIY and Tubes