ANALOG GALLERY - LENCO L-75 TRIPLE ARM

goodies from the Master!

Moderator: hypertriode

Re: TURNTABLES/TONEARMS/CARTS - Audiostar LENCO L75 Now Playing

Postby tenderobject » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

hypertriode wrote:Image
audiostar's LENCO L-75 with mandym tonearm & FR-64FX on camotecue plinth.

wow ito pa pala. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby mandym » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:28 am

I must say that my tonearm looks better than I had imagined. Thanks, Rene and Camotecue for making the whole thing come together quite well. I hope Audiostar will consider himself a fortunate owner of the machine :) .
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby carbondated » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:34 am

This looks nice!! :D
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby trod93 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 am

Congrats sir val! A super woodworker, a master renovator and a genius tonearm maker involved in one turntable. Nothing can go wrong with this gorgeous looking tt. Paputol ko daliri ko kapag hindi tumunog ng maganda "to!
trod93
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am

very very nice :inlove:
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby yellowpaper » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Simply stunning! Kudos. ;)
yellowpaper
Citizen
Citizen

Location: Colorado, Washington, DC, Alaska, Oregon and counting

Postby quarterback » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:06 pm

mandym wrote:I must say that my tonearm looks better than I had imagined. Thanks, Rene and Camotecue for making the whole thing come together quite well. I hope Audiostar will consider himself a fortunate owner of the machine :) .

Hi Tito Mandy,

super ganda ng arm. sorry for the text messages last saturday. i just wanted to make your weekend a little exciting :)

chito
quarterback
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 pm

trod93 wrote:Congrats sir val! A super woodworker, a master renovator and a genius tonearm maker involved in one turntable. Nothing can go wrong with this gorgeous looking tt. Paputol ko daliri ko kapag hindi tumunog ng maganda "to!

He he, ligtas na daliri mo bro. I just finished setting up the kamagong tonearm by mating it with AT440 cart with Cardas Golden Reference as its phono cable wired to an MM/MC phono stage designed by my brother but made by Rene. What was initially planned as a testing session turned out to be a full 4-hour listening session. I couldn't get enough of the music being reproduced by this combo which IMO could give pricey analog gadgets a run for their money. Straight from the box, the AT440 (obviously matching well with the other components) instantly gave a sterling performance. Because of such pleasing diversion, I didn't have the time anymore to set up the FR arm. We'll do so as soon as possible. I'll keep you posted :)
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby mandym » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:38 am

mandym wrote:.... I hope Audiostar will consider himself a fortunate owner of the machine :) .

I GUESS HE DOES!!

Can we expect a Transfiguration on the market soon :D :D :D ?
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:13 am

mandym wrote:
mandym wrote:.... I hope Audiostar will consider himself a fortunate owner of the machine :) .

I GUESS HE DOES!!

Can we expect a Transfiguration on the market soon :D :D :D ?

I like the subtlety of your 'sulsol', he he. No worries, I'll try transferring the Transfiguration Phoenix from my Rega P9 to my new TT, to find out how far the kamagong/lenco combo can sonically go :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby randybarba » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Congrats pareng Val. Balitaan mo kami how the phoenix sounds with the lenco-kamagong combo. :)
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Buxtehude » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:45 am

A solid thank you to Hypertriode who came through for me on a restoration project. I was looking everywhere for an ST/P 12" tonearm for a Beogram 3000 Thorens, and found one he'd posted photos of here. We agreed on a price, and it's now playing beautiful music on my restored player.
Here with the arm, which was also restored - Schallplattennadeln in Germany took care of the vintage PUs, an SP1 and SP9 Gold, while Classic Audio in Denmark handled the major parts of the restoration.

I found the player in Denmark, in a quite different condition.

Last edited by Buxtehude on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buxtehude

Postby hypertriode » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:42 am

Buxtehude wrote:A solid thank you to Hypertriode who came through for me on a restoration project. I was looking everywhere for an ST/P 12" tonearm for a Beogram 3000, and found one he'd posted photos of here. We agreed on a price, and it's now playing beautiful music on my restored player.
Here with the arm, which was also restored - Schallplattennadeln in Germany took care of the vintage PUs, an SP1 and SP9 Gold, while Classic Audio in Denmark handled the major parts of the restoration.

I found the player in Denmark, in a quite different condition.

You're most welcome Stein! Glad to be part of this project 8)
Care to share the partnering equipment bro? :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby Buxtehude » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Here's my setup.
A mint Beogram 4000 with a 20CL PU on the left, the Beolab 5000 amplifier and the Beomaster 5000 tuner, fully refurbished, and the Beogram 3000 Thorens on the right, here with the 9"-arm and SP9 Gold PU. They're connected to a pair of Dynaudio Focus 140 speakers, but I am considering swapping those out for the Harbeth 40.1
Very satisfied with the sound from the Beogram 3000, though the plinth is quite light-weight, and I am considering getting another one. Have seen some very beautiful ones on this forum!

I believe you may be getting some customers coming your way after our experience. I put up some links to your work at a couple of forums, and I know that you may be getting some visitors from Norway!
Buxtehude

Postby skeesix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 pm

hypertriode wrote:
Buxtehude wrote:A solid thank you to Hypertriode who came through for me on a restoration project. I was looking everywhere for an ST/P 12" tonearm for a Beogram 3000, and Image

You're most welcome Stein! Glad to be part of this project 8)
Care to share the partnering equipment bro? :)

The TT looks like a Thorens TD 121 mounted on a Beogram 3000 plinth. :^)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Buxtehude » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:11 pm

It is actually a TD124/II.

B&O developed the Beolab/Beomaster 5000 amp and tuner (seen in a Clockwork Orange, among other places, and considered to be one of the finest amplifiers of its time). It was a no holds barred project where B&O's engineers were told to come up with the best possible:
http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=383

The units are seen here - though with a Mitchell Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference tt, and not the Bg 3000 Thorens. Kubrick liked the futuristic look of the amp/tuner, and the Mitchell tt was totally futuristic then (in the film they also have very small musicassettes ... )

B&O accepted that they didn't have a turntable that would do the amplifier justice and therefore contracted with Thorens to mount the TD124/II chassis in their own plinth, and added their arm. Most came with the ST/L 9"-arm. This was only possible for a few markets. The UK didn't get this version, but got one using the Dutch Acoustic tt, due to Thorens' contract with the UK importer.
Some details here.
http://beocentral.com/beogram3000thorens

The deck was only available for two years (1967-1968), after which B&O supplied a turntable they developed. Many have been cannibalized by people looking for a Thorens and there aren't that many of these plinths left. The chassis paint had some bubbles and damages, so I had it sandblasted and painted in British Racing Green. (Couldn't resist).
Last edited by Buxtehude on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buxtehude

TURNTABLES/TONEARMS/CARTS - Audiostar LENCO L75 Now Playing

Postby docsialu » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Wow bux. U have a very beautiful setup ;)
docsialu
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Looks exactly like my TD 121 which only runs at 33 1/3 rpm. Suggest post it on the Thorens users thread. Congratulations. ;)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Nice Thorens Beogram 3000

Postby Squirrelnutzipper » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:26 pm

skeesix wrote:Looks exactly like my TD 121 which only runs at 33 1/3 rpm. Suggest post it on the Thorens users thread. Congratulations. ;)

From the pictures and description, this is most clearly the Thorens TD 124 and not the TD 121. The spirit level is there, the speed control on the left has the 124 indicators and there is the clutch control of the 124, which the 121 does not have. There are many basket case and bastardised Thorens TD turntables around that have been rebuilt with wrong parts. This one appears to be complete and orignal. I like the BRG, too! Nice and rare unit.
Squirrelnutzipper
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Buxtehude » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 am

Thanks. Yes, it's an authentic unit - only parts to have been exchanged are those that are supposed to be replaced after long use. Spent quite some time having it reconditioned. Even the idler wheel is the original one. New mirror for the speed control, though.

TD124/II with serial number 75760.
Buxtehude

PreviousNext

Return to >> HYPER AUDIO <<