GCC Pinoydiophiles (New Name)

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

Re: GCC Pinoydiophiles (New Name)

Postby leocruz » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:19 am

Hi,Russle,
At this moment medyo pigil sa budget graduation ng mga bata anyhow you know this guy Farley cya yung sinasabi ko sayo na pinoy Hiend Cloner pi no promote ko na cya in fact ako nag sabi na mag registered cya dto sa WS ibang klase ang talent ng taong ito para naman makilala din ang ating kabayan.Hinihntay ko lng ung pi na clone ko sa knya na Naim 140 poweramp and pina modify ko din sa knya ung Marantz preamp ko na lagyan ng tube buffer output i hope pag di na busy si sir Farley at matapos nya ung project para sa akin matitino na cguro ko hehehehehe inip na ko sir best regards....
leocruz

Re: Listening Session - Dubai

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:31 pm

mtrs wrote:Image

Michael,

I just noticed that you listed Martin Logan Source as your speakers but the photo shows something beautiful. ;)

Do you mind shedding some light on what looks to me like a horn speaker?

Ang linis ng set-up mo! Alagang-alaga.

Leo,

Salamat at binuhay mo itong thread.

Hinay-hinay lang sa upgrades. Masakit nga sa budget yan. I think we should all learn to enjoy and make the most of our gear before we spend.

I'm still surprised by the amount of improvement that can be achieved by simple and free tweaks like speaker positioning, cable / CD / especially vinyl cleaning, correcting for phase inversion, etc.

Cheers!
rtsyrtsy

Postby O.D. Yeo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:57 pm

@ Farley,

Please define "clone": sounds like? looks like? same design? same components? all of the above?
O.D. Yeo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby leocruz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:04 am

Russle,

Thanks for the advice i hope mabisita ka nman namin dyan sa place mo mukhang mallupit ang nga unit mo,hanggang segunda mano lng tayo hehehhehehe no brand new....Best regards.....

Leo :rock:
leocruz

Postby mtrs » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi Leo,

Parang gusto ko maingit sa mga pinagawa mo kay Senior Farley ha.

Hi Farley,

Can I post here the pictures of our listening session in your house? Sir Farley nahihiya lang ako magtanong baka naman
in the near future matulungan mo rin ako sa setup ko--it needs some serious upgrade!

Hi Russel,

We have been looking for your since the first time I heard of your name from a fellow member based in the Philippines (I think it was the guy who owns that shop in Makati Shangri-la who told me of your name). Anyways I'm happy as well that LEO exerted a lot of effort to call our attention.

Re: my Speakers--yes I used to own Martin Logan source speakers. It was my first so called Audiophile grade speakers but grew immediately tired of it kaya binenta ko na lang sa isang Indian.

I have posted in DIY section my horn speakers. It is a backloaded horn speakers based on Fostex drivers.

Kita-kits naman!

Good Luck to all!
mtrs

Postby rtsyrtsy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:26 pm

Fellow Dubai-diophiles,

Glad to see there's a group united by the love of music and gears here.

I'm actually off the audiophile bandwagon right now. In fact, Leo contacted me because I put some of my little-used gear on Dubizzle. Sayang naman, they are good stuff and they should go to people who have the time and inclination to enjoy them.

These days, I listen mostly to an MP3 player and a pair of in ear monitors while cycling. Yung tropa ba meron ding nahilig sa bisikleta?

Let me know next time there is a gathering. I am extremely busy at work (pero at least may trabaho pa rin!) that I doubt I can join but I'll try.

Michael,

Was the guy in the Shanri-la shop who mentioned me to you Hansen, a.k.a. Hyperion?

Horn speakers...if I had the room, I'd probably have one. Matagal ko nang pangarap mag-SET but we have no such options here. So for now, I'm lying low on the audio hobby. I may change a thing or two with my system but it'll be a simplification--lessening of boxes and increasing of convenience / ease of use.
rtsyrtsy

Postby farley » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:05 pm

@Michael
You can post the pictures ... gusto ko rin makita yun....
About the upgrade, tulongan ko kayo dyan, one of this days...medyo busy lang ako ngayon kasi may JCI accreditation kami sa hospital namin.

Farley
farley

Postby mtrs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:06 pm

I just want to share (and with permission) few snaps of our listening session at sir Farley's house.

mtrs

Postby jalou1995 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm

hello sa tanan este sa lahat, Im Jay from Dubai, i was invited by farl to check this forum. so glad to know na marami pala tayo
jalou1995

Postby mtrs » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi Jay,

Welcome to Wiredstate! Yes! It feels good to know that there are more of us here. I just recently met Farley and co. and was immediately suprised of with what this audiophiles are playing with.
mtrs

Postby jalou1995 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:56 pm

hi mtrs,

nagkausap kami ni farl kanina sa phone, dating dj ako d2 sa dubai. wala pa akong magandang set-up ngayon but im planning to get some. di kase ako makabili coz bedspacer lang tayo hehehe. but we have our own flat now so baka, dahan dahanin ko nang mag setup uli. diy cguro.

karamihan kase ng pinoy na kilala ko ay puro bass at twitter lang ang gusto hehehe
jalou1995

GCC Pinoydiophiles (New Name)

Postby docsialu » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:35 am

mtrs wrote:I just want to share (and with permission) few snaps of our listening session at sir Farley's house.

Nice ;)
docsialu
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Anyone here managed to see Stevie Wonder at Yas Marina last night?
rtsyrtsy

Postby mtrs » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:21 am

Russel,

I was really hoping to see the concert, pero ayaw ni misis--we ended up in Irish Village listening to a scotish band playing Stevie wonder songs--pwede na!
LAKING HINAYANG!

Did you see the concert?
mtrs

Postby rtsyrtsy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:50 am

mtrs,

Yes, I went to Yas for Stevie.

Ang taba niya!

But boy, his music still has soul.

As usual, the concert started late and he sang a bunch of unknown songs for the first 20 minutes. Then things got interesting when he sang a medley of his hits.

Stevie is a showman. He's not young but he was lying down on the stage rocking his keyboard and was later standing on his piano!

While he was walking out of the stage, he whispered to his back-up singers (you can read his lips from the large video screens) "I want to play the drums." Wow, blind man can drum!
rtsyrtsy

Postby vallottee » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm

rtsyrtsy wrote:mtrs,

Yes, I went to Yas for Stevie.

Ang taba niya!

But boy, his music still has soul.

As usual, the concert started late and he sang a bunch of unknown songs for the first 20 minutes. Then things got interesting when he sang a medley of his hits.

Stevie is a showman. He's not young but he was lying down on the stage rocking his keyboard and was later standing on his piano!

While he was walking out of the stage, he whispered to his back-up singers (you can read his lips from the large video screens) "I want to play the drums." Wow, blind man can drum!

Hi Russ,

Musta na kailan ka uli magagawi dito sa UK,
vallottee
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rtsyrtsy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 am

Vallottee,

Sooner than you think... ;)

You got pm.

Trying to get Taylor swift tickets at the O2 arena but unsuccessful!
rtsyrtsy

Postby mtrs » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi Russle,

I can imagine! I saw some snaps of the concert in the news paper--it looks jampacked! Inggit ako!

I always love to see artist performing well and above their usual routine. I've been watching DVD of concerts by Kings of Leon and Foo Fighters lately--foo fighters in Wembley and Kings of Leon in O2. Both hardcore-rockers weeped because of intensity of the english-audience's responce to their songs. Imagine the whole stadium singing your songs in unison--that must feel heaven for any song writers.
mtrs

Re: GCC Pinoydiophiles My Audio Gear

Postby jptransfiguracion » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:20 pm

leocruz wrote:Hi to all Pinoydiophiles,
I'm here in Dubai 10 years na ako dito i've been in home theatre for last 5years but since medyo nagsawa na tayo sa mga films and concerts i'll decided to set up a hifi systems.Iba talaga ang stereo sounds esp.ang gear mo is high end.
This is my present Hifi systems..
Music Angel Mengyue -Tube Integrated Amplifier
Aliante Iperspazio-Bookshelf Speakers Italy made
Status xs-4e-Bookshelf Speakers Denmark
Kinergetics Research KCD55 ultra Dac Preamp
Marantnz Cd52 mk2-Cd Player
Cable talk 2.1 Biwireable Speaker Cable7Nordost Flatline 2 spkr cable
So far still not much Dynamic through all my speakers this tube amp i'm waiting for my Naim 140 Clone power amp diy to my friend.His name was Farley Formoso he is one of a kind Filipino guy here in Dubai who's passion was cloning high end gear. In fact he clone his own Krell ksa 50mk2 power amp,Wilson puppy 8 version clone&Recently the Sonus Faber cremona Auditor bookshelf as well with the stands Believe it or not this is his contact number in Dubai..00971507388284/and this is my number as well 00971505248134 or 00971552123579 .Best Regards to all Pinoyaudiophiles in Gcc...Leo Cruz

Hi leocruz,

You are probably the same guy who is selling the Aliante and Status speakers in Dubizzle. Am the one who sent you an SMS from Qatar(+974). Tried searching for the Status speakers you mentioned at lumabas ang wiredstate. What a small audiophile world.

Naghahanap kasi ako ng speakers to match my amp and CD na binitbit ko pa from Pinas. Wala kasi options dito sa Qatar. 1.5 years ako AUH and andito ko ngayon Qatar for 1.5 years na din.

Anyone willing to sell their speakers, kindly get in touch. I can ask my brother to pick-up and send it to me here in Qatar.
jptransfiguracion

Postby nicole » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi jptransfiguration

Check this out.. http://audiotools.com/distrib.html
nicole
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas