BLOG: empty dog house (update on the inhabitants)

vintage and modern toys of the old dog :-)

Moderator: vintage_dog

Re: BLOG: empty dog house (update on the inhabitants)

Postby pigdog » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:36 pm

you can adopt ME i like squid ink pasta! :*
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:37 pm

audiostar wrote:Ha ha ha! How I wish Chester, but due to a car accident my wife was involved in years ago, di na sya pwede. We're just so thankful for what God gave us :)

Magpapa ampon nalang kaya sa yo ang Oplan K :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby audiostar » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:01 pm

pigdog wrote:you can adopt ME i like squid ink pasta! :*

Okay lang if you're willing to eat it everyday :lol: :lol:
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby audiostar » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:02 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
audiostar wrote:Ha ha ha! How I wish Chester, but due to a car accident my wife was involved in years ago, di na sya pwede. We're just so thankful for what God gave us :)

Magpapa ampon nalang kaya sa yo ang Oplan K :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nakupu! siguradong pulubi ko balang araw :rofl:
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby Hyperion » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:11 pm

VD,

I have spent some time teaching children in the smokey mountains in Tondo under the Pinoy Exchange outreach program, and have also have spent a lot of time with orphans in another humanitarian program. It is very rewarding work. In fact I recommend you join your daughter Mela in some of her endeavors. It is not easy and there are no financial returns but it is well worth the effort.

Meanwhile, you can always adopt me also - at least for the duration of more biking sessions! :D
Hyperion

Postby vintage_dog » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Hyperion wrote:VD,

I have spent some time teaching children in the smokey mountains in Tondo under the Pinoy Exchange outreach program, and have also have spent a lot of time with orphans in another humanitarian program. It is very rewarding work. In fact I recommend you join your daughter Mela in some of her endeavors. It is not easy and there are no financial returns but it is well worth the effort.

Meanwhile, you can always adopt me also - at least for the duration of more biking sessions! :D

wala akong tyaga mag turo, kaya nga naging masipag mga anak ko mag aral dahil hindi ako marunong mag turo... :D

as for adopting, si chester at ikaw madaling pataba-in
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pigdog » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:08 pm

well hey i am toilet trained and am not picky with my food! does that qualify? 8)
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby vintage_dog » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:18 pm

pigdog wrote:well hey i am toilet trained and am not picky with my food! does that qualify? 8)

you're welcome to camp-in when you're in town :)
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ttommy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:26 am

vintage_dog wrote:as for me, i continue to gain weight, and still thinking of what doctorate degree to pursue... :rofl:

What are you considering, sir VD?

Btw, even as you say you were depressed a couple years ago, just by having this forum, you had helped us share a common passion, spread the love for the hobby and nurture and develop friendships. We owe you so much, Francis!
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby qguy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 am

You need a bigger house to accomodate all those systems :-)

rtsyrtsy wrote:Ang dami mo nang puwedeng gawing listening rooms!

Paano yan, one for S/S, one for tubes, one for branded, one for DIY, one for modern, one for vintage, one for digital, one for analog, etc.
qguy
Master
Master

Postby ziggyboy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:28 pm

I just saw this thread now. Can't believe you posted stuff about me here...

and just to set the record straight, I am doing a masters degree in technology management with a major in information systems (just a fancy variation of management of information systems, which is not quite computer science). I started a CS masters but found it unsuitable for my work. It seems my career path has shifted from the technical side of IT to systems/business analysis/IT project management.

The key to my weight loss is low carbohydrate intake and daily exercise (15 mins of running is enough...no need to spend 1 hour in the gym if you eat right).
ziggyboy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:45 pm

thanks for the update on your studies and career...

good tip on losing weight, but the low carb intake will kill me :D am 25lbs heavier now since we last saw each other!

15mins of running? well, maybe biking instead when rains stop...

ziggyboy wrote:I just saw this thread now. Can't believe you posted stuff about me here...

and just to set the record straight, I am doing a masters degree in technology management with a major in information systems (just a fancy variation of management of information systems, which is not quite computer science). I started a CS masters but found it unsuitable for my work. It seems my career path has shifted from the technical side of IT to systems/business analysis/IT project management.

The key to my weight loss is low carbohydrate intake and daily exercise (15 mins of running is enough...no need to spend 1 hour in the gym if you eat right).
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pigdog » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:48 pm

i agree with ziggyboy here, low carbs is the way to go, i cut down dinners altogether! and i eat brown rice instead of white rice. i eat more greens and fish cut down on the red meat except for really good one's which dont come very often. while i go run at the gym for an hour, swim on alternate days and kendo and Iaido 5 hours a week . the result would mean one will need more food! i addressed the issue by taking a meal replacement soya base product, it replaces my dinner, it is non fattening, gives me the basic daily nutrients and most importantly the energy to do all of these things. surprisingly i was able to do far more than when i was having a "regular meal" also the key is not to loose weight too soon as it will have a rebound effect.
in your case 30 mins of vigourous walk will be a big help. if you swim, even better as it is low impact, but do stay away from the tasty things that floats around you! the way to fitness is not by weight alone!

ziggyboy is doing reall well! keep up with the good work!
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby rtsyrtsy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:56 pm

ziggyboy wrote:I just saw this thread now. Can't believe you posted stuff about me here...

I hope you don't mind our collective intrusion.

The stories that Francis posts about your and Mela are truly inspiring.

I have 2 daughters, 9 and 4 years old. Most of the time, they are great fun. But sometimes, they drive me up the wall. Hearing Francis' stories about you and Mela assure me that it'll all be worth it someday. :D

Francis,

It seems you are taking applicants for adoption so I'd like to present myself. I think my advantage over Hansen and Chester is that I come packaged with free grand daughters--both are excellent students and one quite good fun to watch in the tennis courts.

Tsaka hindi mo na ako kailangan patabain! In fact, I just dropped 8kg since I got back from Manila. But as dimfer put it before, the first 10kg melt like butter. The last 10kg melt like steel. :D
rtsyrtsy

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:44 pm

russ,

marlene and i get to eat out more often these days as she said it does not make sense having to cook just for the two of use. hmmm, with more folks to feed, she'll probably cook more often. your family is always welcome to stay at home (when you're in town) as we have more rooms than occupants. the baking room is always busy (for orders of ensaymadas, cookies) and the 6 refs at home are always full ;)

chester and hansen are most welcome too... :)

rtsyrtsy wrote:Francis,

It seems you are taking applicants for adoption so I'd like to present myself. I think my advantage over Hansen and Chester is that I come packaged with free grand daughters--both are excellent students and one quite good fun to watch in the tennis courts.

Tsaka hindi mo na ako kailangan patabain! In fact, I just dropped 8kg since I got back from Manila. But as dimfer put it before, the first 10kg melt like butter. The last 10kg melt like steel. :D
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:43 am

Francis,

I just came back from weighing. It's official. I've dropped 10kgs. 10 more and I'm back to triathlon weight! Puwede na lumamon!
rtsyrtsy

Previous

Return to / VD's doghouse \