Amazing collection in S. Korea....

Altec Open Baffles, etc.

Amazing collection in S. Korea....

Postby setup1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 pm

...of vintage gear from Silbatone Acoustics.
WE 757 monitor, click on pic for more.....horns, field coil woofers (OB mounted) and drivers, Alnico PM units and etc. ENJOY!
setup1
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Amazing collection in S. Korea....

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:08 pm

For a moment, I thought I was visiting Lin Gomez' warehouse .... a DIYers haven :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby detubo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:04 pm

hanep!!!!

jon, lyn's warehouse would be like comparing The Podium to Mall of Asia. ibang klase ito. even lyn's would be dumbfounded
detubo
Master
Master

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:08 pm

detubo wrote:hanep!!!!

jon, lyn's warehouse would be like comparing The Podium to Mall of Asia. ibang klase ito. even lyn's would be dumbfounded

Yup, even bigger than lin's :D :D :D Baka bigla nalang kaming makakita ng mga pics ng Baranggay Torotot with those drivers in the future :o :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby setup1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:24 pm

OK guys, the reason I posted this is because I found out that Joe Roberts (my mentor and idol) had great influence in building this collection. He does not deny affiliation with the owner of Silbatone. They've been good friends since the Sound Practices days. Anyway to those who are not familiar with the ethos of Sound Practices here is some fine reading - Romy the Cat vs. Joe Roberts. Classic audio writing from Joe R. :rock: :rock: :rock:
setup1
Citizen
Citizen

Postby detubo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
detubo wrote:hanep!!!!

Yup, even bigger than lin's :D :D :D Baka bigla nalang kaming makakita ng mga pics ng Baranggay Torotot with those drivers in the future :o :D :D :D

One, only if my name was Bernie Madoff would I have the conscience to afforded such beautiful treasures.

Two, I am also a proud member of a elite cult of spouse worshipers know as the TAKUSA! Joe3rp is the president :rofl:

Three, even if I had it, setup2 would still not approve of my SETUP application. :@ unless joseph has some kind words to say......."joseph, what says thou!"
detubo
Master
Master

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:31 pm

detubo wrote:
One, only if my name was Bernie Madoff would I have the conscience to afforded such beautiful treasures.

Two, I am also a proud member of a elite cult of spouse worshipers know as the TAKUSA! Joe3rp is the president :rofl:

Three, even if I had it, setup2 would still not approve of my SETUP application. :@ unless joseph has some kind words to say......."joseph, what says thou!"

Perhaps more Wagyu and Wine would do the trick :D :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby detubo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:35 pm

i'm still waiting for joseph to repond. he's not use to the fine bordeaux and wagyu like joel..........yet. beer lang ok na siya.

"so what says thou oh great one with the bow (legs)?" :rofl:
detubo
Master
Master

Postby setup1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 pm

detubo wrote:Three, even if I had it, setup2 would still not approve of my SETUP application. :@

Maybe a choice lifetime supply of single malt or fine scotch for Joel will do the trick? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

detubo wrote:...unless joseph has some kind words to say......."joseph, what says thou!"

You have a great eye for quality stuff :rock: :rock: :rock: If you find time to go through the linked thread you'll see even Joe Roberts is perfectly happy with green Altecs. Same class as your 604 and JBLs which is for us real world users. Granted they are getting up there in price but when I helped Joel, Nonong and William acquire their stash they were comparatively beer budget. ;)
setup1
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Billnugen » Sun May 29, 2022 5:08 pm

Hello. Anyone interested in Silbatone L105 preamp? In great conditions at a very reasonable price.
Let me know. Willy: 0999 999 4170.
Thank you.
Billnugen

Return to OPEN BAFFLES