Harbeths Availability

audio toys from sunny Cebu!

Moderator: fld

Harbeths Availability

Postby fld » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:00 pm

When Music Matters Most ...
Harbeth loudspeakers are famous for their remarkably natural timbre and coherency. They also project life-sized images in a very well defined, wide and deep soundstage. Most of all, the Harbeths sound musical, with a complete absence of listening fatigue. With Harbeth loudspeakers in your system, you will want to listen to all the music that you have collected, and keep on listening! No wonder many Quad electrostatic users pick Harbeths when looking for a more dynamic speaker that still preserves the natural sound of the famous electrostatics.

The following Harbeths are available:

Harbeth SHL5 30th Anniversary Eucalpytus Finish 1 pair with matching 16" Skylan Stands 4 post (bnew)

Harbeth HLP3 Es2 30th Anniversary cherry finish coming in March 2009

Harbeth Compact 7es3 --coming in Nov 2008
Call for inquiries.

0918-937-6470

Ferdie
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Harbeths SHL5s

Postby fld » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:11 pm

The SuperHL5 is capable of fantastic performance: breathtaking transparency, a huge sound stage and a total sense of being immersed in the performance. It creates a rich bass and sweet midrange that brings acoustic music alive.

The Harbeth Super HL5 is the sixth generation of the BBC's Dudley Harwood HL-Monitor which launched the Harbeth company in 1977. Retaining the same classic 'two cubic foot' proportions as the BBC LS3/6 monitor (actually a little wider), the exclusive Harbeth-made 200mm RADIAL™ cone bass/mid driver produces a big, warm and powerful sound that underpins the incredible midband clarity. At the highest frequencies, the 20mm main tweeter is augmented by a SuperTweeter, so that the combination results in an extended, smooth and even dispersion right to the upper edge of the audio band.

The cabinet is engineered from tradition of 'thin-wall' panels with a removable front and back, as the LS3/6, for true to life. As a real monitor, the crossover is appropriately complex for a smooth system response, accurate level setting between the drive units and operation of each drive unit within its natural range. The rear panel features a pair of biwiring terminals with the bass/midrange unit connected via the crossover to the lower pair and the main tweeter and SuperTweeter connected via its crossover to the upper pair. Biwire links are fitted at the factory for normal operation.
"Never, at any price or design type, have I heard a speaker that so completely got out of the way and let the music speak for itself. Never have I heard a speaker that exceeds the HL5's ability to reveal the artistic quality of the music and its performance. Never have I heard a speaker that does so many of the fundamentals of music reproduction so right: timbre, rhythm, phrasing, articulation, parsing, dynamic flow, sound stage reconstruction, placement of instruments, and the delineation of the ambience of the recording site are all produced with an ease and natural-ness so convincing and so adept at evoking musical gestalts that immersion into the music was as easy as breathing."

Transducer system Vented 3-way loudspeaker - Bass/mid, HF and Supertweeter
Freq. response 40Hz - 24kHz +/-3dB free space, 1m with grille on, smooth off-axis response
Impedance 6-8 ohms
Sensivity 86db/1W/1m
Amp. suggestion 25-150W
Power handling 150W programme
Connector Four 4mm gold-plated binding posts (biwireable)
Dimensions (hxwxd) 638 x 322 x 300mm
Finish Cherry (std), Eucalyptus and others to order
Space needs Ideally 0.75m+ from surfaces
Stands Typically 16-20"
Weight 17.2kg each, unpacked
Packing Single speaker per carton

"This is a remarkably involving and entertaining speaker with superb overall coherence and considerable impression of scale and transparency quite unmatched by other speakers." -- Hi Fi Choice.

All Harbeth speakers are designed to be very easy to drive, matching well with both solid-state and tube amplifiers.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Harbeths SHL5 in action at Sounds N Images

Postby fld » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Our harbeth SHL5s in cherry finish with all Accuphase system. Full ASC sound treatments on Sound Anchors speaker stands.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Harbeths Availability

Postby fld » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Stereophile Class A Recommended Component

"The Harbeth Super HL5 is my benchmark Music Lovers loudspeaker and it puts to shame many high-end loudspeakers that cost multiples of its very fair price. Way to go Harbeth!" - 6moons - Jeff Day

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/leben2/system.html

"So what's it like to listen to loudspeaker like the Harbeth Super HL5 that has all of the formidable insights of the BBC R&D giants and thirty years of continual refinement and improvement built into it? There are no two ways about it, the Harbeth Super HL5 is a brilliant speaker that plays music fantastically well. Anybody who doesn't think so is a dork. Oops,I got a little carried away there. It also sounds terrific in the usual HiFi sense of imaging, soundstaging, dynamicsetc. but as a significant plus, its natural style of sonics never interferes with the music's message. Instead the Super HL5's sonic prowess always adds to the feeling that there are real musicians playing for your enjoyment. As a bonus it has the ability to make even marginal recordings come to life and sound better than they have any right to. The Harbeth Super HL5 is my benchmark Music Lovers loudspeaker and it puts to shame many high-end loudspeakers that cost multiples of its very fair price. Way to go Harbeth!"

"Never, at any price or design type, have I heard a speaker that so completely got out of the way and let the music speak for itself. Never have I heard a speaker that exceeds the HL5’s ability to reveal the artistic quality of the music and its performance. Never have I heard a speaker that does so many of the fundamentals of music reproduction so right: timbre, rhythm, phrasing, articulation, parsing, dynamic flow, sound stage reconstruction, placement of instruments, and the delineation of the ambience of the recording site are all produced with an ease and natural-ness so convincing and so adept at evoking musical gestalts that immersion into the music was as easy as breathing.” Stereotimes - Paul Szabady

Harbeth SHL5 in limited Edition Tiger Ebony

"Vocals are superbly rendered with Knopfler’s husk intact, and Krauss’s feathery highs captured without edge or false highlights. They breathe, they convey the inner workings of any given recording and they are a joy to listen to at low volume. In their price range, I have heard none better" Stereotimes - Nelson Brill
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arcamarel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:22 pm

fld wrote:When Music Matters Most ...
Harbeth loudspeakers are famous for their remarkably natural timbre and coherency. They also project life-sized images in a very well defined, wide and deep soundstage. Most of all, the Harbeths sound musical, with a complete absence of listening fatigue. With Harbeth loudspeakers in your system, you will want to listen to all the music that you have collected, and keep on listening! No wonder many Quad electrostatic users pick Harbeths when looking for a more dynamic speaker that still preserves the natural sound of the famous electrostatics.

The following Harbeths are available:

Harbeth SHL5 30th Anniversary Eucalpytus Finish 1 pair with matching 16" Skylan Stands 4 post (bnew)

Harbeth HLP3 Es2 30th Anniversary cherry finish 1 pair

Harbeth Compact 7es3 --coming in few months

Call for inquiries.

0918-937-6470

Ferdie

Dear Ferdie,

How much will be the Compact 7es3? or if you still have the 7es2, how much would that be?

Might as well ask for the price of the HLP3es2.

I was the one before who inquired about the Naim Nait5i and CD5i. I already bought them here in Saudi. Wondering how to handle the problem of our frequent power interruption in the Philippines. I'm decided not to put them on 24/7 for safety reasons as I'm doing here. But i hope a bigger AVR and conditioner would help voltage fluctuations. though I know it's not recommended in their website.

I'm planning to pair a harbeth if budget is possible.

Thanks,

Arcamarel
arcamarel

Postby fld » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:19 am

Now available in limited stock: Harbeth Compact 7es3 in cherry

Review excerpts:

"The Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 is a speaker without fault. It does everything that I could ever want a speaker in this price range to do; play music extremely failthfully without coloration or fatigue. Granted, you will have to spend a lot more money to get that last bit of bass extension or concert hall dynamics, but these speakers are faithful to the music in a way that is very rare these days. They have certainly changed my thinking!" Jeff Dorgay, Tone Audio Magazine, June 2008

No. 1 rating in Stereo Sound, Winter 2007.

Golden Ear Award and Editor's Choice Award in The Absolute Sound, October 2007: "... the ne plus ultra of BBC 2-way designs, with bass down to 46 Hz, an essentially perfect midrange, and a top end that reproduces ambience fantastically. ... With respect to accuracy, neutrality, and natural tonal balance the (Compact 7ES-3) establishes a new benchmark for compact 2-ways".

In The Absolute Sound Review (April/May 2007) Paul Seydor says"...Indeed, for sheer neutrality the 7ES-3 rivals the Harbeth Monitor 40, and in the 2kHz-4kHz range even trumps by reference Quads...I cannot overstate how fantastically these speakers reproduce ambience, whether real or synthesized, large spaces or small...Among major changes, the 7ES-3 has an updated tweeter, a new surround for the woofer, and a substantially redesigned crossover at a slightly lower frequency...The 7ES-3 gets it right - preserving the baritone but restoring what upper-range lightness it has...I am slack-jawed that Shaw has achieved such high resolution and tonal neutrality without the 7s sounding in the least clinical, analytical or edgy...this speaker sets, in my experience, a new benchmark in neutrality and natural tonal balance over its usable range, regardless of price

The Stereo Times October 2007 review describes the Compact 7ES-3's as"accurate instrumental timbre" and "grace, wit, fire, nuance, intelligence, and artistic sensibility of the highest order. (It) reveals the details of the playing, the subtlest of inflections and touch. (The speaker) allowed the ear to identify instruments, capturing their timbre and subtle sonic signatures with an extraordinarily natural ease ... One could easily identify the different makes of violins from the great Cremona-based masters. The sonic signatures of Fender, Gretsch, and Gibson electric guitars were clearly rendered". In summary, "The Compact 7ES-3 offers an exceptionally well-integrated blend of accurate timbre, sophisticated rhythmic performance, highly articulate reproduction of performance technique, and clear insight into the artistic intent of the music ... with just about any kind of music".

The September 2007 review in HiFi News says "These are enormously tuneful, addictive speakers which can create deep sound-stages with pinpoint accurate tone colours. ... the timing, speed and imaging made for instant, foot-tapping engagement."

Stereophile's Sam Tellig (review in the June 2007 issue) calls this update to the C7 "one of the finest ... most musically satisfying ... loudspeakers I've heard". "Cellos were magnificent - ripe and woody, anything but cold or clinical. Indeed, all instrumental timbres - woodwinds, brass, strings - sounded convincing ... Pianos had a ripeness that was ravishing. And the Harbeths excelled with voice ... But here's the big surprise: This loudspeaker could rock!"

What HiFi magazine gives the Compact 7's 5 stars in their June 2007 review, noting that "this is a gem of a design, sounding natural and unforced where most rivals would be delivering a more forward and thinner presentation. ... A wonderfully natural-sounding midrange: great dynamics (particularly of the low-level variety); excellent detail resolution. ... The crowning glory here is the midrange: fluid, big-bodied and full of finesse, it makes voices articulate and superbly well projected without ever becoming hard or forward ... the Harbeth’s have a sound that’s hard to better for the money."

The HiFi World May 2007 review notes the Compact 7-ES3's "delicately balanced sound, with wonderful timbral acuity", with "Excellent body to each instrument" and "the ability to convey the emotional impact of a recording", concluding that "few – if any – at the price can touch these loudspeakers".
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby DCO » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:45 am

Hi Pare,
im a happy camper with my pair!
:)
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:25 pm

DCO wrote:Hi Pare,
im a happy camper with my pair!
:)

Ehem! :angel:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby JackD201 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:18 am

If anyone wants to hear just what an HL5 can REALLY do, you have to visit fld in Cebu. It's a MUST!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby DCO » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:24 am

JackD201 wrote:If anyone wants to hear just what an HL5 can REALLY do, you have to visit fld in Cebu. It's a MUST!

I Agree with JackD... :) :) :) it will be very hard for you to sleep after listening to FLD's system! drooooool...
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank Ferds!
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Harbeth P3esr Wins Japan's Stereo Sound Magazine 2010

Postby fld » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:45 am

P3ESR wins Japan's Stereo Sound magazine 2010 Grand Prix award! Alan has been to Tokyo to collect the Award ....
---------------------------------------------

Harbeth's diminutive P3ESR took on giant floor standers at one hundred times the price and wins in the Stereo Sound world's best new audio products 2010 round up. By far the chapest, smallest loudspeaker and only product from a wholly British company in the final award list it's great news as Harbeth's sales continue to rise. More information on the Harbeth User Group. Harbeth to personally collect the award in Japan.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby timber715 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:18 pm

DCO wrote:
JackD201 wrote:If anyone wants to hear just what an HL5 can REALLY do, you have to visit fld in Cebu. It's a MUST!

I Agree with JackD... :) :) :) it will be very hard for you to sleep after listening to FLD's system! drooooool...
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank Ferds!

I heard the compact 7 in the hifi show and couldn't sleep until I can have one. now that I do, I still can't sleep enjoying them 8) You can't go wrong with Harbeths.
Thanks Ferdie, very attentive, a very accommodating and most of all very knowledgeable with his products. if you get to deal with him, it is almost certain that you will be friends ;)
timber715
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:19 am

Thanks Sonny, Muy and others who waited so long for their pairs to arrive.
Harbeth's leadtime now is 6-8 months due to the upsurge in demand worldwide.
However, those who waited, it was well worth it in the end.

Enjoy guys and many thanks for patience.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Harbeth P3 ESR #1 Japan awards

Postby fld » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Award news: P3ESR wins Japan's Stereo Sound magazine 2010 Grand Prix award! Alan has been to Tokyo to collect the Award ....
Harbeth's diminutive P3ESR took on giant floor standers at one hundred times the price and wins in the Stereo Sound world's best new audio products 2010 round up. By far the chapest, smallest loudspeaker and only product from a wholly British company in the award list it's great news as Harbeth's sales continue to rise. More information on the Harbeth User Group.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby magnus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Ferdie, they're home now singing sweetly. It was really a pleasure dealing with you. Special thanks to timber who crafted these great stands

magnus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Congratulations!
Superman
Master Showman

Harbeths Availability

Postby docsialu » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Wow. Congrats :)
docsialu
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby magnus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks docsialu and superman :) I had to purchase these speakers after hearing them and being haunted by how good they sound
magnus
Citizen
Citizen

Harbeths Availability

Postby docsialu » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Sir. Which amp is driving d speakers?
docsialu
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby magnus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 pm

I use a Manley Stingray for my gen purpose listening. I use the 8 watt 300B SET amp when I want to listen to vocals and instrument solos.
magnus
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to >> Sounds N Images <<