Esoteric Cd/SACD players have arrived

audio toys from sunny Cebu!

Moderator: fld

Esoteric Cd/SACD players have arrived

Postby fld » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Presenting our latest line up of Japanese hi end cd/sacd players from Esoteric.

Currently available X-05 , X-03 SE, SA-10

For inquiries Pls contact Ferdie at 0918-937-6470
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

SA10

Postby fld » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:49 pm

Reviews:

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/esoteric_sa10.htm

"What I heard was a CD player that offered acute retrieval of low-level detail, the ability to sort out massed voices and instruments, better-than-average dynamic prowess, a wide and deep soundstage, and excellent reproduction of vocals." But with SACDs, "that's the format with which [the SA-10] really shines." "Its ease was addictive" and "detail retrieval…was the best I’ve heard in my system."

The SA-10’s reproduction of low-level detail -- the fine points often obscured in the music -- was impressive. With Sonny Rollins’ latest CD, Sonny Please [Emarcy B0008], the percussion instruments in the background were not buried in the mix but were also not thrust out more than would be natural. Instead, everything was just there, placed in the soundstage as it would be had I been present in the studio.

Massed voices, such as those on the Turtle Creek Chorale’s new CD Serenade [Reference Recordings RR-110], were well delineated, and big-band music was sorted out well. Take the new Charles Tolliver CD Big Band With Love [Blue Note 0946 3 69315 2 4]. What I heard was no formless blob of sound, but rather a soundstage cluttered with individual instruments that I could follow easily.

When it came to reproduction of vocals -- always one of the major factors in judging any piece of audio equipment -- the SA-10 did a fine job. From the hip-hop vocals of Speech to the sultry soul/blues of Bettye Lavette through the pop sound of I-Nine, all of which I listened to on the Paste Magazine Sampler #19 [no catalog number], the SA-10 made each sound distinct. These very personal vocal styles and vocal inflections came through loud and clear, despite all the different production values.

All in all, I wouldn't say the SA-10 is one of those CD players that will make you question why anyone would need to listen to another format, but it does a more-than-satisfactory job of reproducing CDs, and it does so with little or no digital-induced fatigue. But CD replay isn’t the major reason for purchasing the SA-10. If you’re considering the SA-10, you likely have a number of SACDs, because that's the format with which it really shines. Its ease was addictive. I listened for as long as I wanted, the time spent reveling in its sound limited only by the clock and my schedule.

So, the SA-10 offers very good CD replay and beyond-reproach SACD playback. Is it $3500 worth for both? Absolutely. I could live with the SA-10 as my single digital source into the foreseeable future. The SA-10 isn't the ultimate in either CD or SACD playback -- it doesn’t offer all that the megabuck players and separates do. Its CD replay in particular doesn’t equal that of some top-flight standalone players, but it's very good nonetheless.

However, the SA-10 certainly lives up to the high sonic standards Esoteric has set for itself -- and if you check the SoundStage! archives, you’ll see that many of us here have been favorably impressed with Esoteric products in the past. The SA-10 is the digital source for audiophiles on a budget, allowing us to jump off the equipment merry-go-round and get on with the enjoyment of our music collections. It's Esoteric and affordable.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Wow, Ferds...

Bel Canto, CEC, Esoteric...are you gunning to be the digital king? :D

Hope all's well!
rtsyrtsy

Postby JackD201 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Don't forget Accuphase pa!

Congratulations Ferdie!

:D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby daj523 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Way to go Ferdie!

Congrats :D
daj523
Citizen
Citizen

Postby John Martin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:20 am

Haysus Ferdie!!!! Congrats!!!!
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby DCO » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:52 am

Congrts Pare! keep it comming...
:P
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby fld » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:45 am

Thanks guys! appreciate it!
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Esoteric Cd/SACD players have arrived

Postby John Martin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Congrats to the ever reliable and Digital Source master, Ferdie Ludo!!!! :) More Power!!!

Im excited to see your room this month end when I visit you.
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby fld » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:04 pm

John Martin wrote:Congrats to the ever reliable and Digital Source master, Ferdie Ludo!!!! :) More Power!!!

Im excited to see your room this month end when I visit you.

Thanks John... Looking forward to seeing you too.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 pm

I was able to listen to a setup composed of entry level Esoteric SA10 player & integrated amp (A1-10) driving a midlevel pair of Harbeths, they're awesome.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby fld » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 pm

dimfer wrote:I was able to listen to a setup composed of entry level Esoteric SA10 player & integrated amp (A1-10) driving a midlevel pair of Harbeths, they're awesome.

Thks. We had that set-up few weeks ago, agree, sounded very good. No grain, deep bass and nice big midrange. It was driving a pair of Compact 7es3s.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to >> Sounds N Images <<