SUT for the DIYers

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Postby arnoldc » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:05 am

I decided to make this sticky.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Stealth » Thu May 15, 2008 11:03 pm

where can u buy the cinemag?
Stealth
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:33 pm

The Cinemag CM-QEE-3440-A audio transformer:

David Geren of Cinemag shipped this out last week, and I was able to get it today, delivered right to my office :D.... by EMS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

I guess i'll be busy this weekend :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby obi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:49 pm

naks, congrats jon. new toy ha :twisted: (nagpaparing lang :))
obi
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Doc Jr 8156 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Hello guys,
Medyo OT. Cinemag SUT are great, I have one too, but If you guys ever stumble on an SUT called "Tribute" you'll be amazed ten fold. I had Jenzens, Altecs, Lundahl, S&B's I forgot the others I tried but none, I mean none, sounded as elegant as a Tribute. One listen and you'll get what I mean. Godspeed.
Doc Jr 8156
Citizen
Citizen

Postby audiostar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Congrats Jon :D
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby amandarae » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:49 pm

Jon Agner wrote:The Cinemag CM-QEE-3440-A audio transformer:

David Geren of Cinemag shipped this out last week, and I was able to get it today, delivered right to my office :D.... by EMS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

I guess i'll be busy this weekend :D :D :D

Uy, dumating na!

Update later?

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:26 am

The Cinemag SUT assembled and ready to rumble:

Finally, after resoldering loose connections and proper ground termination, I was able to fire up the cinemag SUT last night :D I can't say yet how the dynamics of this SUT compare with the 4722, but initial impression, I would say they have similar qualities. :D :D :D

Yup, for it's price, it sure mated well with my cart :D . Time for me to buy another cartridge :D :D :D.

Abe, Doc Jr, - Thanks for posting your impressions on the cinemag SUT..... I'm one happy camper :D :D :D

Cheers :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby amandarae » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 am

Jon Agner wrote:The Cinemag SUT assembled and ready to rumble:

Finally, after resoldering loose connections and proper ground termination, I was able to fire up the cinemag SUT last night :D I can't say yet how the dynamics of this SUT compare with the 4722, but initial impression, I would say they have similar qualities. :D :D :D

Yup, for it's price, it sure mated well with my cart :D . Time for me to buy another cartridge :D :D :D.

Abe, Doc Jr, - Thanks for posting your impressions on the cinemag SUT..... I'm one happy camper :D :D :D

Cheers :D

Hello Jon,

Way cool! Give it about 10 hours, the sound will change. Now, I dare you to run 1:36 on Denon 103, no loading resistor :twisted:

My impression, at 1:18, you are in the middle row of the venue. At 1:36, you are right smack front center! Or maybe I am hallucinating?

Congrats! Do I see a gain and loading selector switches? Nice job!

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:44 am

Yup, Depending on the type of music played, the Red would work well with either the 1:36 or the 1:18. I still have to try out the Denon on the cinemag. We've only tried the denon on the 4722 and 15095A. From what we heard, the 103 seemed to work well with the 1:18 ratio of the 4722.

I'll let this play first for a while before I give this a review. I also re-arranged my listening area thus I'm still aligning the speakers :)

The two selector switches are for the three-input selection and gain selection. At the moment it's only for the 1:36 and 1:18, but I still have an extra slot for the 1:9, when possible.

I may try to use load resistors in the future, but with the 4722 worked well on my carts w/o the additional load resistors, I guess i'll play this first with them. :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby amandarae » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:34 am

Jon Agner wrote:Yup, Depending on the type of music played, the Red would work well with either the 1:36 or the 1:18. I still have to try out the Denon on the cinemag. We've only tried the denon on the 4722 and 15095A. From what we heard, the 103 seemed to work well with the 1:18 ratio of the 4722.

I'll let this play first for a while before I give this a review. I also re-arranged my listening area thus I'm still aligning the speakers :)

The two selector switches are for the three-input selection and gain selection. At the moment it's only for the 1:36 and 1:18, but I still have an extra slot for the 1:9, when possible.

I may try to use load resistors in the future, but with the 4722 worked well on my carts w/o the additional load resistors, I guess i'll play this first with them. :D

I see. That is why I mentioned that it is the same guy who made and designed the Cinemag and the 4722. Both have 600 ohms and 150 ohm taps and it is not a coincidence. The Cinemag has a bonus in the 36.5 ohm tap. Not to mention that the leads can be soldered directly to the RCA's eliminating another junction from one using an octal socket.

I hope you will enjoy your Cinemags for a long long time.

BTW, I forgot to add, I do not know if you saw on the Youtube video (my 2 units), here's another one. This employs a Faraday cage and single gain, single setting wiring connections dedicated to my wood body 103. I employed the shield because I have this located very close my preamp's PSU. So far, no problems.

ImageImage

regards,

Abe
Last edited by amandarae on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:58 am

Abe,

Nice layout :D That would have been my layout if I went ahead with my initial plan to put the cinemag inside the Azur 640P. :) I may still go for my original plan once I order a few more pairs. :D

For the way it responded, Yup, I think I'm settled with the cinemag :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

The Cinemag SUT with a new Suit

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 am

The cinemag on it's new compact casing:

Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Re: The Cinemag SUT with a new Suit

Postby amandarae » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Jon Agner wrote:The cinemag on it's new compact casing:

looking good!

enjoy!

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: SUT for the DIYers

Postby zetroce » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:47 am

A friend gave me a pair of Altec 15095A Line Transformers, which i plan to use as SUT. How can i check if they are still working fine and would be suitable for SUT job? My friend told me that they were used in their Altec Lansing paging system. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. :)

TIA
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby Superman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:05 am

zetroce wrote:A friend gave me a pair of Altec 15095A Line Transformers, which i plan to use as SUT. How can i check if they are still working fine and would be suitable for SUT job? My friend told me that they were used in their Altec Lansing paging system. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. :)

TIA

ANG SWERTE SWERTE MO NAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Bigay lang?? WOW!!! :o :o :o CONGRATS!!! Bro. Dong, bring it to Hyper, papa maisilid na rin yan sa case...meron dun!! Enjoy sa SUT-SUT mo! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby quarterback » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:17 am

zetroce wrote:A friend gave me a pair of Altec 15095A Line Transformers, which i plan to use as SUT. How can i check if they are still working fine and would be suitable for SUT job? My friend told me that they were used in their Altec Lansing paging system. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. :)

TIA

iba talaga maganda putol ng pusod....... :D
quarterback
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:19 am

quarterback wrote:

TIA

iba talaga maganda putol ng pusod....... :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D :D :D :D ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:)
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:27 am

TIA

Ows :^) :^) :^) Parang similar 'yan sa "Hiram" :P :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kidding aside, naka 15095A din sa To-chi, you can use his casing to test your SUT :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby quarterback » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:50 am

Jon Agner wrote:

TIA

Ows :^) :^) :^) Parang similar 'yan sa "Hiram" :P :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kidding aside, naka 15095A din sa To-chi, you can use his casing to test your SUT :)

yung green po sa akin (4722) hindi red.
quarterback
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Analog