CEC Belt Drive CD Player /Transport--Now in Philippines

audio toys from sunny Cebu!

Moderator: fld

CEC Belt Drive CD Player /Transport--Now in Philippines

Postby fld » Thu May 22, 2008 8:31 pm

For those of you looking for a performance oriented, top loading, belt drive cd player, CEC is now available here in the Philippines.

About the brand

The history of CEC is almost synonymous with the history of analog and digital transports.

CEC was founded 1954 in Tokyo. In the same year they introduced a high precision phono motor which was followed by many models of analog turntables and record players which have given CEC a solid reputation in the audio field.

3 Models to Choose From:

CEC TL51 XR CD-Belt drive

Cutting-Edge High-Performance Belt-Drive CD Transport

In 1991, CEC introduced the TL1, the first product to use a belt-drive CD mechanism. All over the world, audiophiles and music lovers took note and gave the product an enthusiastic reception. Never before had such a wealth of detailed musical information been extracted from compact disc. And now, CEC presents the TL51X compatible with CD-R/RW discs, incorporating sophisticated the previous belt-drive technologies. The TL51X achieves pickup performance that can read the sound signals recoded on the CD surface with the highest levels of stability and lowest levels of noise. In order to read faithfully the high I y detailed signal recorded on the CD surface, an extremely quiet mechanism that can stabilize disc rotation precisely on the micro-level and eliminate vibration and resonance is essential. In the Tl51 XZ, the spindle motor, which drives the disc, is completely isolated from the mechanics chassis by the belt drive. Any vibration or electromagnetic noise arising from the motor are either shut out or absorbed at the source. In addition, the pickup is mounted in the center of the unit, creating a balancing effect in the chassis below that uses resonance-absorbing material and prevents the sound pressure emanating from the speakers from affecting the operation of the unit. In this way, even minute vibrations are absorbed or shut out both internally and externally.

Heavy Stabilizer and Efficient Utilization of Wheel Effect Achieve Quiet and Smooth Rotation

In addition to a belt drive, the TL5IX uses a heavy stabilizer. This solid I y fixes the disc rotation axle, minimizing disc warping and vibration during playback. Moreover, the inertial moment of the large stabilizer and the flywheel effect of the motor are utilized effectively through the low-torque spindle motor to stabilize the angular velocity*. This completely eliminates any impact from vibration of the spindle motor and servo error. As a result, quiet and smooth rotation is achieved on a level that conventional CD players cannot reach.

* During operation, the change in speed per rotation is 0.0064% at the inner rim and 0.0027% at the outer rim-extremely low levels. Thus, the angular velocity during short periods such as one rotation or several rotations can be considered constant. Also, minor variations in speed according to the line speed of the CD are obtained by controlling the spindle motor using the time information included in the CD subcode.

CEC Super Link Achieves Pure Digital Signal Transfer

In addition to the standard AES/EBU (XLR), COAX (RCA), and TOS (optical) interfaces, the TLSI XZ also includes the CEC Super Link interface, ensuring ultra-pure jitter-free signal transfer. This provides compatibility with other recording media such as CD-Rs and MDs as weIl as future formats.

Vasly Improve Noise Levels and Supply Speed

The TL51XR uses an independent high-capacity, quiet power supply with a power supply enhancer to vastly improve noise levels and supply speed.

TL51 XR Specifications

Format

- Belt Drive CD player

Digitaloutputs

- CEC Super Link (9 pin D-Sub)
- AES/ESU (XLA)
- COAX (ACA)
- TOS (optical)

Power supply

- 120/230 V. 60/50 Hz
- (Specified on the rear panel)

Power consumption
- 10W

Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 435 x 296 x 98 mm

Weight
- 9.9 kg

Accessory

- CD Stablizer. Remote control.

- AC Power Cord. Manual

Color

- Standard: Silver, Option: Gold

Reviews:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue27/cec_tl51xr.htm

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/cec3/51.html

http://www.stereotimes.com/cd101705.shtml

"With the TL-51XZ in place, I was immediately immersed in a totally new musical event with my favorite recordings, transported by the TL-51XZ’s uncanny sense of naturalness, ease and musical flow. The TL-51XZ captured the Pointillist perspective perfectly: the smallest of musical detail yet also the grand strokes of overall musical composition and message."

MSRP: $1,800.00

Last edited by fld on Thu May 22, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

CEC TL 53Z

Postby fld » Thu May 22, 2008 8:34 pm

TL53Z - Belt Drive CD Player

The Top-Loading TL53Z uses CECs belt drive mechanism with stabilizer. No other CD player is able to offer a competitive precise reproduction of music signals.

Newest Burr Brown PCM 1792 in a left/right independent dual/mono configuration with balanced current output.Delta sigma oversampling settings (32fs,64fs,and128fs)

Digital Filter can be set to:îFlat or Pulseî CECs current injection circuit convers the DAC output current into output voltage without any negative feedback circuitry.

Switching Power Supply with integrated AC line power purifier.

Separate power supplies for motor, servo, display, digital and analog circuits.

Massive extruded aluminium enclosure.

Frequency Response:20Hz ñ 20kHZ +0dB/ -0,35dB

S / N Ratio: -125dB XLR THD: 0,005% XLR, 0dB,32fs

Analog Output: 1 x balanced XLR,4Vrms;1 x unbal RCA

Digital Output: 1x AES/EBU,1 x Toslink,1 x Coaxial/SPDIF

Dimensions:217,5 x 448 x 108 mm

Weight: 10 Kg

Reviews:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/cec2/53.html

"The TL53Z offered a very organic, coherent presentation. There is nothing about this player's presentation that I'd call analytical or typically digital. It was consistently engaging and never boring with little if anything by way of top-end brittleness. The words suave and sophisticated kept coming to mind. Those lusting for typical digital cyborg bass and more explicit dynamics may want to look elsewhere. But for 'analog' types, I strongly recommend tracking down a CEC dealer and having a listen yourself."

MSRP $2,200.00
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

CEC TL 51 Transport Only

Postby fld » Thu May 22, 2008 8:39 pm

CEC TL51 Hi end belt drive Transport Only:

High performance CD belt drive transport, incorporating CECs TL1 sophisticated technology.

The result is pure sound of such depth and transparency that it lets the music emerge like never before.

The TL51X can read all CD standards, CD-R/RW as well.

Digital output: CEC super link,AES/EBU,COAX,TOSLINK

Dimensions:435 x 296 x 98 mm

Weight: 9,9Kg

Color:silver

MSRP: $1500.00
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby daj523 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:40 pm

Congrats Ferdie!

Another CDP to lust for :wink:
daj523
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Thu May 22, 2008 9:45 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Ferdie!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby keith » Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Congrats Ferdi. I'm guessing this is the one you asked me to hold out on? :D
keith
walastick

Postby rlmaceda » Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 am

I've owned a CEC TL5100Z for about 5 years now. The exterior is exactly like the TL-51XZ, save for the model number. I saw the inside pics you posted, so I took the cover off mine and noticed immediately that there have been a lot changes -- improvements might be more apt.
Congratulations! If these machines are the newer generation of the 5100Z, I can only say that whomever auditions these will be in for a treat.
rlmaceda
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:46 pm

keith wrote:Congrats Ferdi. I'm guessing this is the one you asked me to hold out on? :D

TIRA NA !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby keith » Fri May 23, 2008 1:10 pm

JackD201 wrote:
keith wrote:Congrats Ferdi. I'm guessing this is the one you asked me to hold out on? :D

TIRA NA !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sulsultant king ka talaga. :lol:
keith
walastick

Postby JackD201 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:12 pm

Si Ttommy yun :D

BUY the way, Naka CEC siya :twisted:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Noel » Fri May 23, 2008 10:52 pm

congrats ferdi - good catch, another bang-for-the-buck brand becomes locally available.
Noel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Sat May 24, 2008 1:12 am

those are highly regarded CD players... truly good news to have them available locally... congratz sir Ferdie :wink:
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby fld » Sat May 24, 2008 6:39 am

Many thanks guys!! It took us a while to get these in due to communication problems with CEC people but finally it was in.

I first learned about this player a few years back when a friend from the US brought one in and his unit was something like 10 years old. No issues whatsoever and after that length of time, only maintainance he needed was to change belts which cost P200.00.

Anyhow after unpacking the 1st unit, i said, wow, these cd players are heavy and built like a tank. Fit an finish is top notch. It has most out the digital out connections: toslink, balanced xlr and single rca's. The same goes for the analog outputs: single ended and balanced.

First impressions out of the box: it has one of the lowest floor noise I heard from a cd player. The voices, instruments are very dimensional with dark and black back ground. Reminds me so much of the Purist Audio Design cables.

Details are abundant, but the best part, this player sounds big!

More to come as we continue breaking in a unit.

Thanks guys
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby fld » Sat May 24, 2008 6:46 am

Old review of the TL5100 Z

"As with many top-end CD players, the TL 5100Z gives its best only after an hour or so from switching on (there is no standby switch). Fully warmed up, it produces a sound that is jaw-dropping. The amount of information it digs out of recordings is staggering, the music coming out as highly detailed, full-bodied, wide-ranging, beautifully paced, with a soundstage that envelopes the listener.

Where this player scores is in its ability to produce that magic element: musicality. Sounds not normally heard or even thought to exist emerge with an intimate clarity, much of this ambient information. Combined with pinpoint accurate pace and superb tonal balance, this ability makes listening to familiar recordings a fresh experience. "
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rlmaceda » Sat May 24, 2008 7:08 am

fld wrote:Old review of the TL5100 Z

I can second this. I've listened to mine both as a CDP and as a transport into a Monarchy 33 with Monarchy DIP. Both excellent. If and when I am able to go home, I'd be sure to check the later versions out.
rlmaceda
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Sat May 24, 2008 9:10 pm

Heavy magnetic clamp that holds the CD into place on the TL 51 transport and TL51 CD Player. When that cd spins, it spins almost perfectly giving its big and smooth sound.

The magnetic clamp on the TL53 z is same size as the cd itself. Sound is more majestic and big on this particular player.

TL53z in silver finish

TL51 Transport in silver finish on symposium isis rack

TL51 Transport sports rca, toslink and xlr digital outputs.

fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to >> Sounds N Images <<