Legend
Legend

Postby Superman » Tue May 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
Superman wrote:
audiostar wrote:Balut lang katapat nyan :lol: :lol: :lol:

...tsaka ALAXAN

Sabayan mo ng extra joss at red bull :twisted: :D :D :D

OT ka na Kuya Lhar, kay Vic Sotto itong thread, not for Allan K...Maglunch ka muna...I recommend KFC, Kenny Rogers, Texas, or even Andok's or Baliwag! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby jadis » Tue May 06, 2008 1:36 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
jadis wrote: with my poor 'speed reading', i thought i read something like 'killer beans adds chutzpah to my system or any other matters'...on second reading, hindi pala ganon... :lol:

Phil,

Me thinks you had too much listening to Toni Braxton and Beyonce :P :lol: :lol: :)

not really, jon... the words killer, mike, and beans are almost synonymous in this forum...maski 1 year plus ko na di nakita si killer, parang lagi na sa tabi tabi ko lang dito, pag sa mga ganon na 'thread'.... :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Tue May 06, 2008 1:38 pm

halls wrote:hay.... irereserve ko na un 444 pagmag 301 ka na :lol:

hay??? 'yawn' ba yan sa tagalog? yawn,then, reserve...the new
generation talaga... :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby pigdog » Tue May 06, 2008 8:03 pm

o val maybe its time we hook you up with a sexy 301! its about time and you are ready for it! hala sige sulsul na! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby michael corleone » Tue May 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Ches, pina Pledge ko na plinth ng 301.Nadulas,napilayan 'yong langaw sa kintab :!: :D
michael corleone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Tue May 06, 2008 9:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It'll come if its really for me. Happy pa naman ako sa TT and cart ko at the moment :) But why not :?: Ipon muna :wink:
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby KD » Tue May 06, 2008 9:46 pm

KD
Legend
Legend

Postby narayan » Tue May 06, 2008 10:18 pm

val, awesome set-up you got :shock: dayuhin ka namin ng payatas boys(filinvest chapter) on a weekend in the very near future since di kami pwede this sunday :( :wink:
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Tue May 06, 2008 11:30 pm

narayan wrote:val, awesome set-up you got :shock: dayuhin ka namin ng payatas boys(filinvest chapter) on a weekend in the very near future since di kami pwede this sunday :( :wink:

Just let me know Obet :)
audiostar

Postby RHYTHM SECTION » Wed May 07, 2008 1:22 am

congrats Val,looking forward to hear the SME arm in those horny speakers. :lol:
RHYTHM SECTION
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Wed May 07, 2008 1:32 am

it took me a little time to digest everything from last sunday's gig......

it was a very educational one for me getting pointers from mang robert's and mang enteng's discussion. it a delight listenning to the two discussing different points in val's system. young budding audiophile should find a way to have an audience with these seasoned audiophiles as you will learn so much more and keeping the guesswork to a minimum. i wish that i would see them again sometime soon. a whole day of audio lesson is not enough.

some of the topics taken up are finding the sweet spots in the existing layout, leaning forward and backward, exchanging sitting position. After they agreed on the exact position, they let me tried it out. Hala!!! ganyan pala ang dapat na tunog :oops: What improvements can still be done such as speaker placements, exchanging the speaker wires, etc. were also taken up.

Of course, mang lin's input should not be a bit discounted. He has explained what val's individual drivers are capable of doing thus their selection as well as their integration and blending in the system.

Val was also discussing whats his concept in building his system which is better explained in previous posts.

There was also philip (or shall i say mang philip :P ) pointers on the software. When we A/Bed the le femme narrow and wide range lps, everybody agreed on the justified price diff between the two pressings. This as well as the A/B on carol kidd's album shows the differences in sonic qualities between different pressings of the same album. Now, i understand more how some would shed blood over an lp. :?

Of course i will not forget the funny incident when mang robert asked to play an lp which he said would give the porkchop lp a run for its money. In my mind Alin kaya sa porkchop lps ang sinasabi nya... un mga live ones? kala ko audiophile disccussion eto. Finding out later that he was referring to Jazz at the Pawnshop :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is just the right time as im already getting appreciative of these records :D

moving on....

what an amateur thinks of val system.... here's my take.....

Coffee Machine.... I think you need one val especially with those very delicious food you are serving. They made me feel sleepy afterwards. Ugaling baboy :lol: :lol: :lol: setting the food aside, your system mids sound sweet para akong batang dinuduyan :D :D :D For everybody's information, i was one of the first one to arrive as well as the last one to leave staying on the listenning all the time.....the system was playing at high spl..... no ear fatique at all. thanks to the ribbon tweets. :D

Ottoman..... for best listenning position... see pictures in above post. better if you can raise you feet up :D 8)

secret ng BB.... as i pointed out earlier mang robert and mang enteng had a hard time figuring out the sweet spot..... little did they know that the best part is in the room beside the rcm room :wink: :wink: :wink:

makalat na ang mga plaka mo sa sahig..... im a pm away just incase you need storage space :twisted: free pickup pickup only :P

lastly......

just by looking at it, val's system is very well planned else how would you justify putting in those montrous speakers in a very lovely room.

how well it sounds? no words can put justice. invite yourself over and listen and you'll know what i mean.

congratulations val, you know what you want and you got what you want.
Although i believe it is for your personal enjoyment, it reminded me of a movie line..... build and they shall come
see you all on sunday :D
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby bass_nut » Wed May 07, 2008 1:46 am

very very informative input sir Noly... i will see you and the gang this coming Sunday at sir Val's home...

i will also ask you more infos about your record cleaner fluid formula :wink:
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby tenderobject » Wed May 07, 2008 2:05 am

ganda ng setup niyo ser val! sana makasama ako sa linggo :)
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby jadis » Wed May 07, 2008 7:46 am

halls wrote:Of course i will not forget the funny incident when mang robert asked to play an lp which he said would give the porkchop lp a run for its money. In my mind Alin kaya sa porkchop lps ang sinasabi nya... un mga live ones? kala ko audiophile disccussion eto. Finding out later that he was referring to Jazz at the Pawnshop :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes..that was hilarious...the whole story began when Val played the excellent album from Clarity Records by Mary Stallings called 'Fine and Mellow' on LP. Previously we played Jazz at the Pawnshop, the JVC half speed version. Robert, who seems to be NOT a fan of the 'pawnshop' album, was raving about the sonics of the Mary Stallings album while it was playing...then came the 'infamous line' that burst out like thunder in the air: " O, di ba mas maganda sa PORKCHOP ito (the Mary Stallings LP) ?" I then heard someone (most probably halls) muttered: "alin ang porkchop LP dito?" And someone clarified, "hindi porkchop, PAWN-SHOP!!!" :lol: :lol:

My only comment then was: 'One cannot compare apples and oranges, let alone porkchops and pawnshops! :lol: :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby audiostar » Wed May 07, 2008 10:33 am

Thanks for you iputs Noly Boy. Yup, well-planned. Because it was how we were trained in mobile audio. Unforgivable to leave everything to chance, with the cost of audio equipment double than the price of the car itself. In car audio, we must hurdle the first and the most important part the judges would look into: the technical. Is the polarity correct? can you hear hums and buzzes? Can you hear the singer's voice in the middle? Is soundtage deep so as to be projected in the hood?

It's only when all of these are settled when they start judging based on the subjective: warmth, ambience, immediacy, rhythm and pace, etc. Failing in the technical means your're out of the competition.

My system is an experiment and still undergoing fine tuning. I still don't know whether it can still surpass its present state. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)
Last edited by audiostar on Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
audiostar

Postby Voltraizer » Wed May 07, 2008 10:38 am

jadis wrote:
Jon Agner wrote:
jadis wrote:
halls wrote:philip, after you've left..... we hard a hard time distinquishing which is the narrow and the wide range........

maybe i took home the wide range :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: many thanks val :D :D :D

Noly...You just impressed me even more. Can you vist me today? For some tips? :lol:

Jadis,

I think you have a new student :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D
Last edited by Voltraizer on Wed May 07, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voltraizer
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Jadis' Corner