Tubes 101 On Line

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

Postby johnmarc0 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:01 am

johnmarc0 wrote:Yung laptop ko ninakaw, nandun yung original tube 101 file, I have to redo it again, nevertheless tuloy pa rin to, bear with me lang, thanks

JM

To all who attended this may nabigay ba ako na files ng seminar? Alam ko may utang pa ako ng practical amp design session hehehehehe
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tenderobject » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:41 am

magkakaron pa ulet ng ganito ser/ 2003 pa pala ito.. nais ko sanang magkaron ng kaunting kaalaman about sa tubes eh. heheh
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby johnmarc0 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:57 pm

tenderobject wrote:magkakaron pa ulet ng ganito ser/ 2003 pa pala ito.. nais ko sanang magkaron ng kaunting kaalaman about sa tubes eh. heheh

Sila arnoldc nagoorganize ng mga attendees and venue dati, kung may mga aattend at venue why not. But tapusing natin sana yung practical session from the last session
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:17 am

johnmarc0 wrote:
johnmarc0 wrote:Yung laptop ko ninakaw, nandun yung original tube 101 file, I have to redo it again, nevertheless tuloy pa rin to, bear with me lang, thanks

JM

To all who attended this may nabigay ba ako na files ng seminar? Alam ko may utang pa ako ng practical amp design session hehehehehe

Prof JM

Oo nga, may utang ka pang practical session :P :lol: :lol: :lol: Buti nalang, nandiyan si Arnold :D :D :D

Anyway, I still have a power point presentation of the tube 101. :) let me know if you need a copy, I can email it to you.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:18 am

johnmarc0 wrote:

JM

Prof JM

Oo nga, may utang ka pang practical session :P :lol: :lol: :lol: Buti nalang, nandiyan si Arnold :D :D :D

Anyway, I still have a power point presentation of the tube 101. :) let me know if you need a copy, I can email it to you.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby KD » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:12 pm

johnmarc0 wrote:To all who attended this may nabigay ba ako na files ng seminar? Alam ko may utang pa ako ng practical amp design session hehehehehe

I have a copy of the handout.
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby amandarae » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:45 pm

KD wrote:
johnmarc0 wrote:To all who attended this may nabigay ba ako na files ng seminar? Alam ko may utang pa ako ng practical amp design session hehehehehe

I have a copy of the handout.

Post mo naman kung pwede? :)

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby KD » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:53 pm

Needs to be scanned first. If the handout is based on Jon Agner's PowerPoint, then posting that will be easier.
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby amandarae » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:07 pm

KD wrote:Needs to be scanned first. If the handout is based on Jon Agner's PowerPoint, then posting that will be easier.

Okay chief! Will wait when its convenient for you to do so.....

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby johnmarc0 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
johnmarc0 wrote:

JM

Prof JM

Paki email naman sa akin idol. Sisingilin nyo pa ba ako sa practical session? magagaling na kayo di nyo na kailangan.

Tnx in advance

JXM
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Prof JM,

I sent it through your e-mail. :D

Abe,

The Tubes 101 session is just a basic explanation of vacuum tubes, and how to design a n SET amp. 8)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Re: Tubes 101 On Line

Postby johnmarc0 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:40 am

Are people still interested in this? its been 15 years when this was last held. Its a good reason to cook and drink! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kabubi » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:00 am

johnmarc0 wrote:Are people still interested in this? its been 15 years when this was last held. Its a good reason to cook and drink! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

if you're going to administer the learning session, i'd surely go :-)
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby johnmarc0 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:31 am

kabubi wrote:
johnmarc0 wrote:Are people still interested in this? its been 15 years when this was last held. Its a good reason to cook and drink! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

if you're going to administer the learning session, i'd surely go :-)

Well lets organize it then, I guess if you administer this section of WS, you are in charge of vetting the attendees hehehehe. We can do it in my house and can handle 8 attendees at a time.

jm
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:41 pm

And the tubes 101 PowerPoint presentation is somewhere in my backup disk :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby johnmarc0 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Jon Agner wrote:And the tubes 101 PowerPoint presentation is somewhere in my backup disk :)

Been thinking about it and am gonna change it a bit, will include some phase shift issues then roll auditions with interstage coupled driver trannies, cap coupling, direct coupled and parafeed (if someone can lend a couple of 100H chokes) so we can hear sonic differences. Will put more playing/listening than presenting. :tmi: :tmi: :tmi: :tmi: :tmi:

What you think? :$ :$ :$ :$
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

Postby johnmarc0 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:26 pm

Jon Agner wrote:And the tubes 101 PowerPoint presentation is somewhere in my backup disk :)

I need help though organizing this, as I am pretty foreign to the noobs if not straight alien! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: hehehehe

I need help organizing the attendees, vetting them. As a matter of courtesy, I wish for the Admin's blessings on this effort.
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

Postby johnmarc0 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:02 pm

I got four participants in the Tubes 101 session, can still accommodate 4 slots but will go ahead planning the sked if no other takers within the week.

Requirements:
1. Bring yourself
2. Bring an open mind
3. Lots of stories

Venue:
This time my place, I will be serving lunch "and maybe dinner".

Course Outline:
A. Electronics & Physics (very very short one just the important aspects)
1. components
2. DC behavior
3.AC behaviour
4. Some electromagnetics

B. Building Practices
1. Safety
2. Amp Test Bed
3. Build safety and protocols
4. Some soldering
5. Basic Tube biasing Class A1 and CLass AB

C. Listening and Biased Impressions (and maybe some coloration contrasts)
1. Single ended Triode, interstage, fixed bias amplifier (then rebuild to...)
2. Single ended Triode, capacitor coupled, cathode bias amplifier (then rebuild to...)
3. Single ended Triode, direct coupled, cathode bias amplifier (then rebuild to...)
4. Push Pull Triode (or maybe a pentode*) depends of transformers I have at hand.

Session will be split into two, I don't want one guy soldering without an overwatch person for safety thus its a minimum of 4 persons.

D. NOTES
1. This is more of going back to the old Tubes 101 format of more building and listening
2. May ask TONOMEN if they are not busy to attend supply us with never ending banter.They are full of good insights.
3. Lets agree on a sked once we close the slots on friday.

Send me a PM if you are attending.

Regards to all
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:35 am

If it's not on a Saturday, please count me in.
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby johnmarc0 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:15 am

TheAnalogSource wrote:If it's not on a Saturday, please count me in.

Will try make it weekday or sunday, lemme just get everyones concensus first.

Welcome to the session! Regards!
johnmarc0
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and Tubes