Señor Sensible's Space

super-systems, audio insights...

Moderator: jadis

Señor Sensible's Space

Postby jadis » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:24 pm

The Jadis Eurythmie Horn Speakers:

Eurythmie crossover box:

A visit today to Sensible Audio's Lito Gelano's place in Dasma Village allowed me to have a much awaited listening session with the 4-way front loaded 104db horn speakers that has twin isobaric woofers per speaker, according to the technical specs. In the mid 90s when these speakers first arrived at the Listening Room in Megamall, it was described as the 'giant blue tooth', from afar it resembles just that, a tooth. :) It is massive, as one can imagine, and is described as the 'love it or hate it looks' in terms of aesthetics. It's quite a unique design, especially in terms of shape.

A farther view...

The 'mammoths' were driven by the new ARC HD220 Hybirds, with the SP 11 as the pre-amp. Needless to say, the sound was HUGE, projecting life-size imaging qualities that would be a treat to 'horn' fans.

The ARC Family RACK:

Let me see....From top to bottom, on the left side: Power supply for the SP11 pre-amp, LS 26 pre-amp, CD-7 CD player, SP 11 main pre-amp, I forgot what was on the bottom. :) Right side, top to bottom: HD 220 hybrid amp, 2 mono blocks of the M-300, in front of it a D-125 amp with black faceplate....and oh, flanking it in both sides are the Celestion SL700 loudspeakers. Those flat speaker cables are by Nordost.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby handyboy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:01 pm

Wow what a set up? Those horns looks like a giant tooth! How much is Senor Lito selling that?
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby jadis » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:15 pm

handyboy wrote:Wow what a set up? Those horns looks like a giant tooth! How much is Senor Lito selling that?

I didn't ask....It would not fit my room. :lol: :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:48 pm

handyboy wrote:Wow what a set up? Those horns looks like a giant tooth! How much is Senor Lito selling that?

The question is, kasya ba yan sa oto mo, handyboy :?: :twisted:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby handyboy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:44 pm

Kasya yan! Isa sa likod, isa sa bubong! the question is kaya ba ng bulsa? :cry:
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby kenckn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:43 am

It look like d eurythmie is from late Mang Johnny.
kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:26 am

kenckn wrote:It look like d eurythmie is from late Mang Johnny.

Yes, who in turn got it from the Listening Room. I believe Jadis of France made this to mate with their SET lines of 845 and 300B amps.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby Le_Stat » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:01 pm

My uncle says that it is for keeps, unless he otherwise changes his mind. Heard this baby about 3 weeks ago, and it's just great.
Le_Stat
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Le_Stat wrote:My uncle says that it is for keeps, unless he otherwise changes his mind. Heard this baby about 3 weeks ago, and it's just great.

yes, he told me before he really liked it for himself to keep. and it fits well in his large living room too.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Jadis Eurythme2

Postby lovesaudio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:53 pm

Great pics Monsieur Jadis. The textile coating of the speakers is gathering mold, anyone knows how to conserve them?
thanks
Lito
loveaudio
lovesaudio

Jadis Eurythme2

Postby lovesaudio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Its true these speakers are from the Mang Johnny collection and I feel lucky to have bought them as they were already reserved when I first saw them at the Balikbayan showroom. Sir Raffy gratiously withdrew in my favor.
I first saw these at JC's Forbes house a few years back and he was selling it then for 650k. When I suggested that tube amps be used instead of Krells, he realized their beauty and changed his mind.
To JC's credit, he did a wonderful and professional restoration since these were in bad shape when he got them from JR.
I really loved the weird shape and the great sound.
For now its not for sale, maybe later it will be.
thanks
lovesaudio
lovesaudio

Re: Jadis Eurythme2

Postby yucca » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:36 pm

lovesaudio wrote:Great pics Monsieur Jadis. The textile coating of the speakers is gathering mold, anyone knows how to conserve them?
thanks
Lito
loveaudio

Looks like a big flower for me, very exotic. Wild and prehistoric I like it.

Have you tried cleaning it with damp foam in baking soda mix with water? It's an all around cleaner. Hope this helps.
yucca
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ttommy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:26 am

Perhaps my all time favorite speaker in terms of looks, although I haven't really heard it. Should be very special! Congrats, lovesaudio!
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby amandarae » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:42 am

Sassy! Very nice equipments you have there!

I am not sure if I am asking the correct person but what happened to the Magnepan 2.7? Or is it anonther member's set up....I am not sure anymore.

Happy Holidays!

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:47 am

amandarae wrote:Sassy! Very nice equipments you have there!

I am not sure if I am asking the correct person but what happened to the Magnepan 2.7? Or is it anonther member's set up....I am not sure anymore.

Happy Holidays!

Abe

Hi Abe,

I am the one with the Magnepan 2.7. Lovesaudio owns these Jadis Eurythmies. :) The Jadis Speakers, well, one of them, cannot even fit the door of my listening room. :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby amandarae » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:55 am

jadis wrote:
amandarae wrote:Sassy! Very nice equipments you have there!

Happy Holidays!

Abe

Hi Abe,

I am the one with the Magnepan 2.7. Lovesaudio owns these Jadis Eurythmies. :) The Jadis Speakers, well, one of them, cannot even fit the door of my listening room. :lol:

Ahhhh! Okay sir!

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:16 pm

I first heard these horns sing at Mang Johnny's listening room. He learned that I was looking to switch to horns and he graciously allowed me to listen to his system. I was really blown away :!: :!: We listened to his system at live level, and boy was I mesmerized :D That experience furthered my resolve to have a horn system, which I'm now happy listening to :wink:
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby jadis » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:12 pm

audiostar wrote:I first heard these horns sing at Mang Johnny's listening room. He learned that I was looking to switch to horns and he graciously allowed me to listen to his system. I was really blown away :!: :!: We listened to his system at live level, and boy was I mesmerized :D That experience furthered my resolve to have a horn system, which I'm now happy listening to :wink:

Val,

So that's where you were bitten by the Big Blue Tooth, aka Eurythmie. :) Too bad when it was brought in first by JR in The Listening Room we were not able to hear them driven by the Jadis SE845 or SE300B. One of these Jadis SE amps is in Binondo, driving a pair of Ensemble speakers.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby audiostar » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:22 pm

jadis wrote:
audiostar wrote:I first heard these horns sing at Mang Johnny's listening room. He learned that I was looking to switch to horns and he graciously allowed me to listen to his system. I was really blown away :!: :!: We listened to his system at live level, and boy was I mesmerized :D That experience furthered my resolve to have a horn system, which I'm now happy listening to :wink:

Val,

So that's where you were bitten by the Big Blue Tooth, aka Eurythmie. :) Too bad when it was brought in first by JR in The Listening Room we were not able to hear them driven by the Jadis SE845 or SE300B. One of these Jadis SE amps is in Binondo, driving a pair of Ensemble speakers.

Mine is a simple horn system that consists of JBL D140 (woofer), Altec 290 (mid) and JBL 075 (tweeter). They are all driven, in a triamp configuration, by Cayin monoblocks at only 28 watts per :) I'm more than happy to have this modest system, set up and tweaked with the help of Mang Bert (Bacsal), Mang Johnny, Lin Gomez and John Alegre (JAA) :)
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby Spectral » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 am

I believe Jadis of France made this to mate with their SET lines of 845 and 300B amps.[/quote]

I have heard this combination and sure enough it sounded really good. A SET set up done right I must say.
Spectral
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to Jadis' Corner