Tube 102

Moderator: bb3

Postby bb3 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:52 am

again on behalf of the rest of the guys of the club, i'd like to thank those that took time out to be with us for another "enlightening" session.

special thanks to our guest mang rod and to jon (agner) and arnold who pitched in and shared their knowledge of the subject matter to us "newbies".

i guess its really hard to cram all that info in a short session. the numbers and schematics can really make you dizzy. but just like in any class, kung hindi mo maintindihan lahat, its up to you to follow it up on your own.
our efforts only serve as a catalyst for those of us who would want to further our knowledge in this hobby.

so now that i know i have the ability to differentiate a rectifier, driver, and output tube, i'll take a shot at ekpyrotic universe tomorrow :)

salamat uli.
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby stereophile » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:20 am

Congratulations to the Tues Club for another successful endeavor :!: There were more participants than the last Tube 101 meeting. Nice meeting the guys again. I went home with a better understanding of how a tube amp is built-at least on whiteboard :!: :lol2: Seriously, Mang Rod, Prof Arnold & Jon Agner carried us thru a (to a layman) at first unintelligible jargon of a schematic of a push pull-amp. In the end, seeing how the parts summed up to make a whole gave me a better grasp and appreciation of how our gears are built to crank out the music we enjoy so much.

Hats off to the Tues Club for not only providing a forum to further educate but also foster camaraderie amongst audiophiles :!: 8)
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby unity » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:27 am

congratulations
unity
Citizen
Citizen

Postby aresti » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:12 am

Congratulations for the very informative session, even if much of the discussions were way beyond comprehension. Still, whatever small amounts of knowledge gained make our listening all the more satisfying.
aresti
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:58 am

bb3,

tagahawak lang ako ng white board :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, nice seeing that row four is again complete!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: And nice seeing old buddies and meeting new ones as well :)

'til the next session :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby kabubi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:58 am

Jon Agner wrote:bb3,

Teacher's Pet
I wanna be Teacher's Pet...
:D :D :D
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby rvc » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:39 am

thanks, guys. it is of course getting together that is the most fun. and thank you, mang rod, arnold, and the teacher's pet.
rvc
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:31 pm

kabubi wrote:
Jon Agner wrote:bb3,

Teacher's Pet
I wanna be Teacher's Pet...
:D :D :D

:shock: :shock: :shock:

di ba bawal ang teacher's pet sa row por? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Jon Agner on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby ESaudio » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:12 pm

Congratulations to the Tuesday Club!

T'was an honor and fun to meet some fellow WS members at the session last night. Para ako'ng nag-attend ng first day of my kindergarten class. Everybody were so attentive to the resource speakers. But with the three (3) tube audio gurus around sharing and complimenting each other, para ako'ng grumaduate ng doctorate degree.

Maybe in the next series, we will be bringing our soldering guns instead of the pentel pens for a workshop.(hehe)
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby marcoharder » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:30 pm

hey thanks for that session! looking forward to the next one. :)
marcoharder
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to TUESDAY CLUB