Tube 101 (for beginners)

Moderator: bb3

aaaw man

Postby Filippo » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:26 pm

darn, would have loved to be there considering backyard lang sana ng bahay ko libis but unfortunately i wont be in town... sana magkaroon ulit ng ganito. Cheers in the spirit of myth busting hehe :D
Filippo

Postby egay » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:15 pm

This is a bummer: i can't leave my HQ until 9PM :cry: so sorry about this. If still possible, please give my slot to another.

again, my apologies.

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby qguy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:03 am

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO !!!.. GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT sana kaso wala si Vintage Dog (read as Walang brownies !!!) :twisted:

Had great time at the tube session, although medjo intellectually challenging yung ibang topics nonetheless it was a great session. Session ended at exactly 10:00 pm +/- 10 db este 10 min. Then the group had smaller informal discussion, until we were ushered out of the room, (mag lilinis pa daw)... HA !.. the group discussion continued just outside the room, pinoy talaga pasaway :twisted: ... several minutes passed ..again we were ushered out the building !!!... HA HA HA tuloy pa rin discussion sa parking lot ang discussion.

Thanks to the Tuesday club for sponsoring this event that was held on a Wednesday and almost ended on Thursday.. I think I left a little bit past 11:00 PM +/- 10 db :twisted:
Last edited by qguy on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
qguy
Master
Master

Postby stereophile » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:41 am

So many questions, so little time :!: So many LPs to check out too :!: :roll:

Congratulations to the Tuesday club for a successful inaugural endeavor for the year :!:

It was also nice meeting the other members. Finally got to meet the persons behind the WS handles! Nice meeting you edrel, joey, dante, paul, qguy, eddie, jerry, fredie and all the others. As mentioned above, after the lecture, informal discussions were held outside with a varied range of topics. That's the wonderful thing about the membership of WS: the varied and common interests. Hope the Tuesday club opens its doors to me again! :roll:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby eestrera » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:07 am

Congratulation to the tuesday group for putting up this kind of learning session. Had a great time and and walked out of the room with more knowledge about tubes and other stuff. At the beggining i felt like a student who just shifted from fine arts to electronics engineering.

Nice meeting you guys too. Finally know the guys behind their WS names. Am looking forward to more sessions like this. Hope to be part of this again next time.

Thanks,
Earl
eestrera
Citizen
Citizen

Postby stereophile » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:22 am

eestrera wrote:At the beggining i felt like a student who just shifted from fine arts to electronics engineering.
Earl

Kinda felt like that too, especially when the schematics and the graphs were projected...was reminding myself why I ended up taking medicine and not electrical engineering :shock: :!: That is one of my frustrations, not being that electrical savy.

Blame it on my youth. Must have been that time in HS when we had electronics class...I was probably napping when the lectures on inductance, capacitance and voltage were being dished out. :cry:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby rvc » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:11 am

thank you tuesday club. it was great to have met you guys. again another chance to put faces on the handles. and of course, thank you to jv for the fine, and sometimes mind boggling information.

for me, it was a lot like talking to my dad - my mentor and influence for over 40 years.

the conversations after were likewise great. you cound tell by the fact that we were asked to leave three times, and yet stayed on in the parking lot till 1230 am.

looking forward to the next one. if we continue further, perhaps we will eventually learn about Napocor and how its generation of electricity affects what we hear.

bb3, salamat. cheers all.
rvc
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby eestrera » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:15 am

[quote="stereophile"
That is one of my frustrations, not being that electrical savy.

Blame it on my youth. Must have been that time in HS when we had electronics class...I was probably napping when the lectures on inductance, capacitance and voltage were being dished out. :cry:[/quote]

Same here. When i come to think of it, used to hate all those mathematical and scientific fomulas telling myself I'm not gonna be needing them anyway when I grow up. Well here I am now struggling to try and learn more because its part of this hobby :) Parents are almost always right when they tell you "magagamit mo rin yan sa paglaki mo".
eestrera
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Le_Stat » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:16 am

had a good time last night. Makes me remember my subject taken in the 3rd year in Mapua. Pero same feeling, intelectually challenging hanggang ngayon coz hirap talaga ako sa EE. :lol:

Nonetheless, this is what separates a hobbyist to an enthusiast. Good job to all who organized this.
Le_Stat
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vittoy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 am

Salamat po uli ng marami........sa tuesday club

Merienda, tube testing........most of all, the knowlegde JV shared to us.
vittoy
Citizen
Citizen

Tube 101 (for beginners)

Postby kefq » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:18 am

Thank you again to the Tuesday Club for hosting such an event. So much to learn in one night. Looking forward to Solid State 101 :D

Now, the hunting begins for my very first tube amp :twisted:
kefq
Citizen
Citizen

Postby edrel sison » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:35 am

stereophile wrote:It was also nice meeting the other members. Finally got to meet the persons behind the WS handles! Nice meeting you edrel, joey, dante, paul, qguy, eddie, jerry, fredie and all the others. As mentioned above, after the lecture, informal discussions were held outside with a varied range of topics. That's the wonderful thing about the membership of WS: the varied and common interests. Hope the Tuesday club opens its doors to me again! :roll:

Nice to also have met you in person Doc..and the others too! Salamat po Tuesday club. The interests and the enthusiasm of the participants and the organizers were just overwhelming it just rubs on to everybody. Kung hindi napigilan baka inumaga na sa kakakwento.. :D
edrel sison
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:56 am

Have to agree with the early posters. Tubes 101 was well organized, very informative, and fun! Thank you, Tuesday Club! It was also great to have met the guys behind the handles. Listening sessions to follow soon?
Cheers! 8)
dante
cool dude

Postby Jon Agner » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:05 am

Sa totoo lang, kaya masaya yang si Dante eh maraming nabiling LP :twisted: tama ba :wink: :D

By the way, Tubes 101 actually ended at 12:30 am on February 1 :wink:

As stated, it was indeed tubes101, the introduction to tubes. JV really went down to grade 1 level and carefully explained how tubes work. :D While I already did understand tubes, JV's explanation came in as a refresher.

Nice meeting the persons behind the handles. At last alam ko na mga itsura ninyo :D

Hats off to the Tuesday Club. Us newbies would really want to attend more of those sessions in the future :D And hope that you guys won't get tired of us newbies as well.

Nga pala, nice revelations by JV on the ST 70 :wink: :D

Cheers.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby dante » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:12 am

Jon Agner wrote:Sa totoo lang, kaya masaya yang si Dante eh maraming nabiling LP :twisted: tama ba :wink: :D

Konti lang Jon. Na-spoil na kasi ako sa presyong WS. :twisted:
Ang kaso, excited akong mapakinggan kaya iniwan ko na kayo ng maaga. Hehehe.

Baka daw next session, live session sa Chakiks para mapakinggan ang tunay na tunog ng mga instrumento.
dante
cool dude

Postby Jon Agner » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:20 am

dante wrote:Baka daw next session, live session sa Chakiks para mapakinggan ang tunay na tunog ng mga instrumento.

Mag-sched ka na :wink: nang makapagpa-otograp ako ng CD ni Ska princess :D

OT na ako :oops:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby marcoharder » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:31 am

When will the next one be? I just saw this thread this morning huhuhuhuhu :(
marcoharder
Citizen
Citizen

Tube 101 (for beginners)

Postby kefq » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:46 am

Jon Agner wrote:Sa totoo lang, kaya masaya yang si Dante eh maraming nabiling LP :twisted: tama ba :wink: :D

By the way, Tubes 101 actually ended at 12:30 am on February 1 :wink:

Nga pala, nice revelations by JV on the ST 70 :wink: :D

Cheers.

as well as the mis-aligned bra theory :shock:
kefq
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:49 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: that mis-aligned bra theory is the best explanation I heard about pushpull amplification, so far :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby qguy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:22 pm

Now I understand why SET is "Technically Superior" to PP

Kung ang PP ay Bra ... ang SET ay Brief...isa lang palaging pantay ang signal..wag nga lang Bacon brief

Jon Agner wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: that mis-aligned bra theory is the best explanation I heard about pushpull amplification, so far :lol: :lol: :lol:
qguy
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to TUESDAY CLUB