" PARENG COLTRANE'S" SUPER SYSTEM

super-systems, audio insights...

Moderator: jadis

Re: Terrific visit!!!

Postby jadis » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:10 am

coltrane wrote:Although I am a member of Wired State, I've never really had any posts on any topic. But just to do a recap, I'd like to thank Kong Jack for a terrific night we had at his place. The wine was superb, the women(whoa Cong Jack!! Hanggang kuwento lang,he,he,he) and the song just got us to that terrific ZONE!! Kudos to the beautiful sound you were getting out of the Koetsu and Dynavector XV1S!!! Pero, pare ang sarap ng tapas that you served us. The gambas, beef solomillo,salami,etc just terriffffffic as Barney would say!!!! For Jadis and I to stay up to 2:30 talking about everything under the sun with Keith and yourself was a highly enjoyable experience. Let me reciprocate one of these days. Pero, saka na, hilo pa ako sa Ventisquero!!

Muchos Gracias, Kong Jack!!!!!!!

Coltrane my main man,

You never cease to amaze me.... Coltrane ka na pala??? Hindi ba McLean???? :lol: :lol: I'm hungry now that you did a blow by blow account of the pica pica last night. 2 plus in the morning. That is the longest by far in our audio sessions.... Bukas na ba ang session sa abode mo? Mag te-text brigade na ako... :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby coltrane » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:47 am

Jadis, nakakapagod kung today or tomorrow. You and I are getting old you know, we have to recharge our batteries!!!!! Coltrane, Mclean they my MAIN MEN!!! Jazz has never been the same since then. Or pre, you might wanna listen to Dead can Dance as a change of flavor from Carol Kidd,he,he,he!!!!
coltrane

Postby JackD201 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:54 am

Wow! I slept like a baby, woke up smiling then POW! I forgot to drink water before going to bed. Talk about a hangover!

I gave MSM LP's :shock: ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Loko lang buddy, long overdue yan tamad mo magmaneho kasi. Ayan NEW New Wave bakasakali we can pull you out of the 80's. It's a great time to do it with many of our favorite bands going back to their roots then there are the new bands like Snow Patrol, Ocean Blue, Pitty Sing, Black 47, Rilo Kelly, Stellastar, Hex......DAMI!!!!:lol:

Coltrane and Jadis, as usual nainggit nanaman ako with those not for sale LPs. Next time I'll use chloroform on Jay-deez since he was able to resist the truth serum. I had a great time with you guys as did Keith. Proof of Keith's enjoyment is he filed for leave today. Nyahahaha.

Many, many thanks to Spouse201 for the tapas and Boss ECJ for his new wine from his Aussie Vinyard!

I think I will ready my 16mm shortie lens for the take 2 at Coltrane's. Maybe we can get a shot of all LPs at once. If I can't have them, gawin ko nalang wallpaper ng Laptop ko. :lol:

Coltrane, I never new we had the same predeliction for Spanish classical music, spanish food and spanish......:roll: BTW don't forget the ultimate acoustic solution we talked about last night. PUNO MO RIN YUNG KABILA. :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby m_shoe_maker » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:22 pm

Nabuhay ang Coltrane ah :!: :shock:

This calls for a blow out from you :!: Kelan ba steak session natin sa resto na ayaw ng isang mama :?:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby jadis » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:24 pm

coltrane wrote:Jadis, nakakapagod kung today or tomorrow. You and I are getting old you know, we have to recharge our batteries!!!!! Coltrane, Mclean they my MAIN MEN!!! Jazz has never been the same since then. Or pre, you might wanna listen to Dead can Dance as a change of flavor from Carol Kidd,he,he,he!!!!

I had never believed the dead can dance, but I've always believed that the dead can VOTE ( only in the Philippines ), and that Carol Kidd is a REGISTERED VOTER in my village, AND IN YOURS TOO, Preng Coltrane. :lol:
Last edited by jadis on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:26 pm

We cheer for her son Jason Kidd :P
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:27 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:Nabuhay ang Coltrane ah :!: :shock:

This calls for a blow out from you :!: Kelan ba steak session natin sa resto na ayaw ng isang mama :?:

........Sama ako.......... :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby coltrane » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:50 pm

jadis wrote:
coltrane wrote:Jadis, nakakapagod kung today or tomorrow. You and I are getting old you know, we have to recharge our batteries!!!!! Coltrane, Mclean they my MAIN MEN!!! Jazz has never been the same since then. Or pre, you might wanna listen to Dead can Dance as a change of flavor from Carol Kidd,he,he,he!!!!

I had never believed the dead can dance, but I've always believed that the dead can VOTE ( only in the Philippines ), and that Carol Kidd is a REGISTERED VOTER in my village, AND IN YOURS TOO, Preng Coltrane. :lol:

Kumpre, Carol Kidd is a registered voter in Yorkshire(as in the pudding) but not in your Barangay at Damar Village!! Let's ask Kong Jack if he is aware that the Mayor of Makati will have ghost employees who do the BREAKDANCE!!
coltrane

Postby coltrane » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:55 pm

Paging Jack201, someone is clamoring for a steak dinner at my place. Is he going to show up? I think he will clamor for at the very least USDA Certified Angus Beef before he shows up. Well, if he is lucky, he just might get Wagyu Beef to stir up his senses!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
coltrane

Postby JackD201 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:10 pm

Aba Wagyu! They say it's the skinny people who can eat a lot. If it's Wagyu, kaming matataba na lang isama mo :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby m_shoe_maker » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:01 pm

Present ako :!: 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby keith » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:11 pm

sama rin ako diyan ... :-D

Sorry I haven't posted. Haven't logged on for some time.

jadis & coltrane, it was a fun night! I didn't even notice the time. ;-)

M88, wish you could've stayed longer. Maybe next time.

jadis wrote:
m_shoe_maker wrote:Kelan ba daw ang Kharma :?:

Parang I don't hear him utter the word Kharma na anymore. Ang candidates sa kanya ay Wilson Alexandria, VR-11 or 9, or MBL! :)

A teaser ...

keith
walastick

Postby m_shoe_maker » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:55 pm

Bagay :!: 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby yucca » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:47 pm

Hello coltrane,

Its nice to find out that others listen and appreciate DEAD CAN DANCE. I have the album Toward The Within. Music is hypnotizing, the feeling is always in a trance everytime i spin it. Lisa Gerrard's voice is much the same as Azam Ali of VAS, ethereal and primeval. How about BLISS - Quiet Letters? That's another story.

:)
yucca
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:43 pm

keith wrote:A teaser ...

Enter the magical world of KEITH COPPERFIELD !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby keith » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by keith on Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith
walastick

Postby keith » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:54 am

Ok ... one more, this time a little clearer ... ;-)

keith
walastick

Postby JackD201 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:54 pm

West Coast KOK

Before: Kharma Exquisite 1D & Tenor Monoblocks

Now: VR-9 SE & DarTZeel NHB-108s

Associated Gear

TT: Rockport Sirius Sytem III
Carts: Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum 2, VDH Colibri, DV XV-1s, CA Insider Gold
Phonopre: Lamm LP2
Digital: Emmlabs

Software:

3500 LPs... almost all 45rpm reissues and releases, many of the LPs released in the last 10 years, lots of Mofi including the box sets and UHRQs, not many original pressings (a few here and there)... and a good representation of pop, jazz and classical across the board. All my records are clean and well cared for. I have them organized in three categories... Pop, Jazz (includes blues and world music) and Classical. I then have 4 levels for each category... level 1 is for my 45s, level 2 is for my "A" records that I listen to frequently, level 3 for "B" records, "others" and less pristine copies, and level 4 for used records not yet cleaned or sorted. My next focus will be to pursue more original pressings.

3500 CDs... most of the XRCD, Mofi, and other "audiophile grade" CDs. Again, 3 groups, 2 levels.

500 SACDs, 25 DVD-As, organized into 3 categories; I'll be focusing on multi-channel here soon.

SISIW pa rin sa RP KOK! Pati sa Koetsu talo rin!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby amandarae » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 pm

Mike Lavigne!

High end audio broker yan chief!

Eto na room niya ngayon....

amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:53 pm

keith wrote:Ok ... one more, this time a little clearer ... ;-)

Clearer and better now, Keith Copperfield..... And it's because now, the DIY tube traps now look like 34-24-35 bodies... :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Jadis' Corner