" PARENG COLTRANE'S" SUPER SYSTEM

super-systems, audio insights...

Moderator: jadis

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:05 am

jadis wrote:THE NEEDLE

Our man has an impressive lineup of cartridges, among which is the Koetsu Tiger Eye Diamond Platinum.

Shameless plug to, Jadis ah. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok lang yan, magiging LUSLOS member rin yan. :wink:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby jadis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:53 am

egay wrote:but the guy still has digital, so that easily would double to say, 8-10 years of just playing music 5H/Dx7x365... assuming he doesn't buy new softwares, which i doubt. :|

could he also remember where he stacks which album? i supposed he has a catalogue system, or perhaps at this level, he had memorized the majority of them.

saludos!
.e.

egay, not only does our man has digital, he told me once that he even goes to a paysite and downloads LIVE jazz concerts of his favorite jazz artists, and then burns them into CDs, and plays them on his digital rig. we can see he is in all for the music, and he is in all of everything. :)

re catalog-ing the albums. no, i don't see any sort of list or catalogue. he basically remembers where he puts his stuff but it would not be surprising if he can not find a certain album on a certain day. ( baka na-commando raid na.... :lol: )
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:01 am

Ilang Gig ang iPod ni kumpare? :lol:

Pare have to get back to you re: thursday. Busy,busy,busy 24hrs on call this whole week.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:05 am

Varied talaga music nitong mamang to. :o I remember he mentioned that he has an album of Kraftwerk. :o Siya :?: May Kraftwerk :?: :!: :shock: :shock: Nakikining rin pala sya nun. :lol:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby amandarae » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:36 am

Great stuff! 8) 8) 8)

I do not care about the gears, but the LP's are the bomb! I noticed some Eight Nerve tweaking on the ceiling corners, does that really work?

Also, that tiger eye Koetsu looks so nice and bet sound better than its aesthetically pleasing features. Extend my admiration to him, and I am paying my homeage here, as the type(s) of audiophile that really exhibits his genuine passion for the hobby. Behind the shadows, but really runs the whole show.

Thanks for sharing......
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:46 am

JackD201 wrote:Ilang Gig ang iPod ni kumpare? :lol:

Pare have to get back to you re: thursday. Busy,busy,busy 24hrs on call this whole week.

ok, pare. just give me a holler when you can sneak us in. :)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:52 am

m_shoe_maker wrote:Varied talaga music nitong mamang to. :o I remember he mentioned that he has an album of Kraftwerk. :o Siya :?: May Kraftwerk :?: :!: :shock: :shock: Nakikining rin pala sya nun. :lol:

yup, yup, yup....he played kraaaaaafttttwurk for me....german daw.... parang psychedelic.....german new wave ba yan, msm???...the cover shows 4 guys in live concert, each man standing and 'playing' a mini keyboard which even looks like an enlarged laptop...there, they create all the supposed guitar, drums, synthesizer, etc. sounds..... wooohooo...ibang klase 'to....he also played a ghostly japanese rca kodo drum/percusssion which 'scared' my inaanak who was inside the room...."daddy, i don't like that kind of music...can i go out????" :lol: what else does our man NOT HAVE??? :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:00 am

jadis wrote: yup, yup, yup....he played kraaaaaafttttwurk for me....german daw....

Jerrrrrrrman nga :!: :lol: Mattttttttttttigas at mattttttttttalas rin ba tumunog :?: :lol:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby jadis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:07 am

amandarae wrote:Great stuff! 8) 8) 8)

I do not care about the gears, but the LP's are the bomb! I noticed some Eight Nerve tweaking on the ceiling corners, does that really work?

Also, that tiger eye Koetsu looks so nice and bet sound better than its aesthetically pleasing features. Extend my admiration to him, and I am paying my homeage here, as the type(s) of audiophile that really exhibits his genuine passion for the hobby. Behind the shadows, but really runs the whole show.

Thanks for sharing......

Will relay your comments, Aman. And thanks for writing.

He has been telling me that every little thing in terms of acoustic treatment is audible in his room. Quite controlled. It started to be on the live side and even slightly echoic and he further added some panels on the middle of the ceiling and it helped a lot. The corner triangles are from Michael Green Room Tunes series of products and he said they're great.
Notice one tube trap was even lying down on the left side of the left speaker...He noticed some bass boom there and with that tweak, it was solved. It's a pretty nice room. 12 foot ceiling height.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby manilaman » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:19 am

m_shoe_maker wrote:
jadis wrote:
sinar wrote:jadis, where are his aesthetix io and clearaudio master reference? did not see it in your photos.

sinar, it's just there in the room.

As in naka-tambak na lang :?: :roll:

Kung binabasura na niya, tell him akin na lang. :) Pwede ko pang pag perahan yan. 8)

EHEM, pick a number man, you're behind me and sinar!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
manilaman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby yucca » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:35 am

Jadis,

Thanks for sharing this mans passion to us. Trully amazing! Is the whole thing even insured? Software alone pwede nang i-auction sa Christie's, priceless collection. Wow talaga!

But above all this acquisitions, is he happy and content? Fulfill ba ang puso nya? Pre sorry for asking. Just a thought. :) :wink:
yucca
Citizen
Citizen

Postby planarribbon » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:56 am

ako, i would think the answer to the question of whether the gentleman in question is fulfilled, would be in the negative.

if we get fulfilled, we stop, rest on our laurels and move on to the next activity thaty might incite our curiosity.

on the other hand, true passion for this activity of ours will alwys result in that "something missing" syndrome. laging may kulang, but that's the fuel that runs the engine of all passions. the drive to get deeper, find out more, get up to the next level.

my hat's off to the gentleman (or woman) in question. Despite so many other activities that he/she could have pursued, he/she chose music. i respect that deeply. that he/she refuses to broadcast his fabulous collection in an age of hysterical self-promotion, is cause for even greater respect.

my one wish is that, one day, mapakinggan ko rin sana ang mga bahagi ng kanyang collection, if only for a day.
planarribbon
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Henley » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:34 pm

so this is how heaven looks like :D

pwede bang pa-ampon? lucky is the person who'll inherit all these lps :lol:

how does he catalog or categorize all of his lps?

how long will it take to play all of his records from track 1 up to last, both sides of the lp? a lifetime? :lol:

8)
Henley
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:36 pm

yucca, planarribbon, and henley,

this has been quite a fun post for me. in fact, i'm very 'fulfilled' at this post. 1600 plus hits in less than 48 hours - the most so far in all the super systems i have posted, that has to be gratifying indeed. what has been totally different in this system is no doubt the staggering number of ultra rare and high quality records the human eyes have fathomed from one single collector. and as jackD mentioned earlier, having the 50/50 mix for top quality software and hardware is the paramount goal.

is our man fulfilled? how can he not be??? in terms of bliss, happiness, and enjoyment, i have no doubt the man is a fulfilled man. if he continues to buy more records and more equipments, i do not think it means he is not fulfilled. it simply means he is BLESSED. :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:39 pm

....and that is why he is called KOK. 8)

Short for King Of Kings. 8) 8) 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby qguy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:06 pm

5000 LP's, at 1 hr per LP, thats 24 LP's a day .....about 208 days, assuming there are two turntables, the second turntable will play exactll when the first one end...para non stop.......

Henley wrote:how long will it take to play all of his records from track 1 up to last, both sides of the lp? a lifetime? :lol:

8)
qguy
Master
Master

Postby quarterback » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:46 pm

JackD201 wrote:If you have a collection like this at some point you'll say to yourself, "Am I getting the most out of my software?".

I like this guy's style.God lives in the details as they say and he surely pays attention to the details. I've always been of the 50/50 school of thought when it comes to the reproduction of music. Meaning the best software you can afford plus the best equipment you can afford (that suits your taste siyempre). Although I respect people with great software collections and modest gear much much more than people with megabuck gear and tiny software collections, the latter being the most likely candidates to burn out. I really do believe the two aspects must be maxxed out equally to ensure one's own maximum satisfaction.

This guy is clearly MAXXING OUT both and I know for a fact that this quiet guy is enjoying himself immensely!

I completely agree. THE MAN has the passion, the means to support his passion and very fine taste.

I'll take it with a grain of salt when somebody says that the gears don't matter. :roll: :roll: Of course they do. How can a VPI/top of the line koetsu cart, AR amplification and Stradivari set up won't matter. The Strad alone even with not making music will surely make a big statement like some other work of art.

IMHO this GUY is a lifetime ahead on most of us with his lp collections.
quarterback
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby macolive » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:28 pm

jadis wrote:Image

Great set up Jadis. I'd been in this room once and I was amazed with the gear. At that time, he had the Jadis driving the strad.

Is the Koetsu mounted on the TNT? It looks like a Lyra (I think) on the Tri-planar.
macolive
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:16 am

macolive wrote:Great set up Jadis. I'd been in this room once and I was amazed with the gear. At that time, he had the Jadis driving the strad.
Is the Koetsu mounted on the TNT? It looks like a Lyra (I think) on the Tri-planar.

Thanks, Macolive. Initially it was but the owner put on another cartridge to demonstrate and discuss some parameters of different settings with different cartridges with his Feickert protractor.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby conspicuous » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:29 pm

jadis wrote:
m_shoe_maker wrote:Varied talaga music nitong mamang to. :o I remember he mentioned that he has an album of Kraftwerk. :o Siya :?: May Kraftwerk :?: :!: :shock: :shock: Nakikining rin pala sya nun. :lol:

yup, yup, yup....he played kraaaaaafttttwurk for me....german daw.... parang psychedelic.....german new wave ba yan, msm???...the cover shows 4 guys in live concert, each man standing and 'playing' a mini keyboard which even looks like an enlarged laptop...there, they create all the supposed guitar, drums, synthesizer, etc. sounds..... wooohooo...ibang klase 'to....he also played a ghostly japanese rca kodo drum/percusssion which 'scared' my inaanak who was inside the room...."daddy, i don't like that kind of music...can i go out????" :lol: what else does our man NOT HAVE??? :lol:

if i remember correctly, during that tour kraftwerk would ask members of the audience up on stage to press buttons on those "large calculators" to modify or augment the sound. in an interview they would later say that they planned to send robots on tour with those gizmos so that they can concentrate on their music. 8)
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Jadis' Corner