Tono Tonearm Lifter (TonaL)

Moderator: mandym

Postby mandym » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:44 am

:idea: :idea: Great idea Mr Z! :idea: :idea:
While I cannot do a video, I will start taking photos of costumer set-ups and procedures. Thanks very much for your input

Mandym
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby unity » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 am

mang mandy,
it was nice meeting you.
isa po kayong alamat
hats off to you sir
unity
Citizen
Citizen

tonal

Postby XLR_silver » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:34 pm

hi mandy,

it was nice to see how the tonal actually worked during the show.
i enjoyed watching you set up that red and black exhibit!

when can you set up my tonal? i live in Q.C.
just one for now sir. thanks!

no particular color in mind sir. what do you suggest?

thanks!
XLR_silver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby mandym » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:01 pm

I'm planning to make the "rounds" on Saturday, Nov26, maybe sooner if I receive more orders. At this time I can only recommend the silver Tonal. The "black beauty" is enamel paint only and have to be carefully handled. However, if you really want (like Quarterback), I can make one for you. Anyway, the silver will go very well with your VPI memorial.

Mandym
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Tonal Installations

Postby mandym » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:32 pm

Hi Tonydog qnd XLR silver,

I sent you PMs regarding Tonal installations this Saturday, Nov. 26. Pls check your PM boxes.

Mandym
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby joe3rp » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:59 pm

MANDY - TONAL ... SSSSSWWWWWEEEEEETTTTT

Mandy just installed my tonal , really a great guy and MASTERCRAFTMAN ....the TONAL installations.....SNAG FREE and OPERATION ....SWEEeeEEEtttT .... peace of mind!

Maraming salamat po .... MANDY! you the man!

the install

the lift .... silence
joe3rp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mandym » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:06 pm

Thanks Joe3rp. You're too kind :oops: !

Installation was a bit of a tight squeeze because of the large space taken by the peripheral record clamp (as can be observed on the photo above). But it was well worth the extra little bit of effort to enhance you listening pleasure.

Glad :D you like it.

Mandym
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby marty_e » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:02 pm

There isn't anything more I can say that's not been said before about the TonaL. Mandy, your dedication to your craft is truly admirable. The product is pure genius and the craftsmanship and attention to detail is astounding.

Muchas Gracias Senor Mandy and thanks for dropping by!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [/img]
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Patman » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:20 pm

Mandy,

If you have not done it yet, you should patent this and introduce it in the US as well. Im sure this will be a huge hit.

cheers!
Patman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zenaudio » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:59 pm

Patman wrote:Mandy,

If you have not done it yet, you should patent this and introduce it in the US as well. Im sure this will be a huge hit.

cheers!

Agree!
Specially on the patent...
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mandym » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:15 pm

De nada Señor Marty. I thank you for patronizing the product and for your very flattering compliment. Now you are rid of the "crying-baby-during-the-last-track-syndrome". As soon as your "new glow" fidgets, you can be off to her (him?) like a bullet :) !

Mr Patman, in my experience working at a major US electronics company, normally if one does not have the resources for a long, dragged-out court battle, a Patent is next to useless :( . However, I will touch bases with our local inventors to seek their opinion. Thanks for your friendly concern, I appreciate it.

Mandym
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

thanks!

Postby XLR_silver » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:52 am

thanks mandy for coming all the way to my "province"
to install the amazing tonal.

i wish i were gifted with even a fraction of your skills and creativity.

XLR/ jun
XLR_silver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby mandym » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:19 pm

Thank you too Jun!

Each of us has his own area of expertise, it just takes the right time and opportunity to nurture it. I am a retired Engineer and I am sure being rid of the pressures of work and having a lot of time to think has enhanced my creativity.

Go raise your children well, let us "old fogeys" worry about creating "toys" to help you get through the rigors of day-to-day existence :) .

Mandy
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:48 pm

mandym wrote:Each of us has his own area of expertise, it just takes the right time and opportunity to nurture it. I am a retired Engineer and I am sure being rid of the pressures of work and having a lot of time to think has enhanced my creativity.

Go raise your children well, let us "old fogeys" worry about creating "toys" to help you get through the rigors of day-to-day existence :) .

Mandy

Well said. 8)
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mandym » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:09 am

As 2005 comes to a close, I would like to thank the Tonal gang for helping it thru it's teething stage. I appreciate your encouragement and suggestions to make it a better product.

Most of all, I am happy to meet up with a bunch of real nice people! This is an observation that my wife Emma (my driver, er, chauffeur) and her sidekick Rose totally agree with. I am convinced that audiophiles are truly a breed of nice people! Really!

For the coming year, with the Beta phase completed, the price of the Tonal will remain at P4,250. However, installation is no longer free but I will set it at P250 (pang gasolina lamang).

I have taken pains to make DIY installation as easy as possible. Detailed installation instructions are provided with the unit and I am available to give assistance over the telephone.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Mandym
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby quarterback » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:27 am

Mandym,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! The tonal is working again. Have to purchase a magnifying glass though to be able to see the tiny screws.

Chito
quarterback
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby detubo » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:20 am

tonal-only tweak;

This tweak will safely work if you have a tonal and an acrylic table cover. After dropping the needle to the record put the acrylic table cover back on. This is to minimize airborne vibrations.
detubo
Master
Master

Postby mandym » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:53 pm

detubo wrote:tonal-only tweak;

This tweak will safely work if you have a tonal and an acrylic table cover. After dropping the needle to the record put the acrylic table cover back on. This is to minimize airborne vibrations.

I didn"t get it right away, but of course, yes, that's a good idea! I used to put the cover on while playing a record in order to prevent airborne vibrations from impinging on the disc. However, I later abandoned the ritual because at the end of the record I had to rush to remove the cover, put it aside, and then finally lift up the arm before the cartridge slammed against the record clamp! It was a race against time. Now, with the lifter in operation, I can take all the time I want!

A note of caution though. The cover can resonate in sympathy with certain frequencies and can do more harm than good to the playback. I attached a 2-pound weight on top of the cover as a mass damper to damp out the vibration.
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby T-Rex » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:23 pm

Another satisfied user here. Thanks Mandy!
ImageImage
T-Rex
Citizen
Citizen

Postby mandym » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:05 am

Hi Nicole, sent you PM.

Mandym
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Mandy's Wonders