i wanna be like Rene!

Moderator: mandym

i wanna be like Rene!

Postby mandym » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm

My close association with Rene's 2a3 has given me a deeper appreciation for his work. It is truly beautiful by sight and by sound. It is built like a tank and is unfazed by arcing tubes. This is how it looks like:

His creations are inspirations to passionate DIYers and I am sure they have helped launched a thousand projects. This thread is about having others post their personal "love and joy". Please don't feel timid. Showing your creation is not being "hambog", it is showing your love and pride and satisfaction for your handiwork. Share them with others, the love will come shining through!

To start the ball rolling, here is my latest restoration job. Not yet totally complete but hey, I couldn't wait!

A friend's Dynavector 505 rescued from oblivion. I am really pleasantly surprised how well the job turned out! Check out that handsome Ivory headshell!
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: i wanna be like Rene!

Postby dante » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:02 pm

I saw that arm in person. And I want to hear it singing next! :)
dante
cool dude

Postby doasmarx » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm

nice restoration on the tonearm. for now i wanna be like MandyM muna :D
doasmarx
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Squirrelnutzipper » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:44 pm

I usually want to be like me, for better or for worse, but when it comes to turntables and arms, I would like to be like Mandy, and for all electrical parts of audio systems, it is ok to be like Rene.
Squirrelnutzipper
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pigdog » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 pm

i own rene's monster 2A3 and man this is one hell of a player! and man oh man that Dynavector is certainly looking sweet! cant wait to see the final outcome!
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby JackD201 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 am

Rene and I have a secret project in the works.......stay tuned! I'm very excited :clap: :clap: :clap:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby kabubi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:29 pm

JackD201 wrote:Rene and I have a secret project in the works.......stay tuned! I'm very excited :clap: :clap: :clap:

let me guess :) :) :)

kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Ahehehehehe! No fair peeking! :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby pigdog » Sun May 02, 2010 11:07 pm

it is my opinion that the Handsome Ivory headshell takes after the owner heehehehehe

mandym wrote:My close association with Rene's 2a3 has given me a deeper appreciation for his work. It is truly beautiful by sight and by sound. It is built like a tank and is unfazed by arcing tubes. This is how it looks like:

His creations are inspirations to passionate DIYers and I am sure they have helped launched a thousand projects. This thread is about having others post their personal "love and joy". Please don't feel timid. Showing your creation is not being "hambog", it is showing your love and pride and satisfaction for your handiwork. Share them with others, the love will come shining through!

To start the ball rolling, here is my latest restoration job. Not yet totally complete but hey, I couldn't wait!

A friend's Dynavector 505 rescued from oblivion. I am really pleasantly surprised how well the job turned out! Check out that handsome Ivory headshell!
pigdog
Master
Master

Return to Mandy's Wonders