Another Challenge from Mandym

Moderator: mandym

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:23 am

congrats mandy. you're a genius! unbelievable, but i recently saw the motor in action and it works well...smooth

:)
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby troporobo » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:29 am

Yesterday I had the honor of hosting the Mad Genius himself, and having the Amosolo etc installed into my system. This is going to be a real treat when its all up and running at the show :twisted:

In addition to the stuff already posted here, the floppy motor is now driven by battery power and is silent and stable. The carbon fiber arm is a work of art, gorgeous when finally viewed in person. This setup is truly ingenious!

(side note: I took some photos for this post but then discovered that my camera-to-PC cable is nowhere to be found If anyone has a Sony DSC series cable that I could borrow pleasee let me know!) :oops:
troporobo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Another Challenge from Mandym

Postby pigdog » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:08 pm

this is a long delayed post from an very old thread, having found this recently from Mandys thread.. my thoughts on a possible motor would be to use the old motors from the old open reel tape decks. i reckon these machines runs at the same speed as ttables and given that most open reels are available cheap in the used markets
pigdog
Master
Master

Re: Another Challenge from Mandym

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 am

Ches,

I had the same idea :) Unfortunately, some motors from these open reel tapes may be a bit noisy :(
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Mandy's Wonders