Musicality - what it means to you...

Solidstate (amps, preamps), Tweaks, Cables, New gear, etc...

Moderators: Hyperion, KD

Re: Musicality - what it means to you...

Postby jongs » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:49 pm

musicality = naim + vienna acoustics :D

It has PRaT. Not the most accurate but for some reason, the music sound engaging and fun. Hard to detect pinpoint exactly but for one thing, it's opposite of being analytical. There is synergy.

Good close comparisons.... Grado vs it's Alessandro cousin. Alessandro's are way too analytical. It's like you are a music scholar listening to every string being strung. You hear every detail but you miss the whole picture. Grado throws the textbook out of the window and parties all night with a pack of pills at arms length and a six-pack on the non-dominant hand. Grado = musical
jongs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ment » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:33 pm

i like it to be musical ....... the way recording companies mixed the album to produce music they intended you to hear ......

i like music with a little emotion ....

and i want to hear all the instruments and little details coming out of the speakers ..... clarity
ment

Postby godspell » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:13 am

Musicality is the ability of the audio system to produce music naturally.
godspell
Citizen
Citizen

Imperfection in Beauty

Postby zenaudio » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:51 pm

(5 years hence...)

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genius; and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe

Are you looking for the perfect system? The one with a frequency response that plots like a ruler, the one with no sins or imperfections?

Barbra Streisand's nose, Angelina Jolie's lips -- some people might see these as imperfections, others as unique defining features of beauty.

Should everyone go to Belo to cover their flaws? Is there such a thing as perfect beauty?

Blonde vs brunette, curvaceous vs slim, rolled-off vs extended highs, low-end vs midrange vs detail, and on and on.

What imperfection is beautiful for you?

To me, it's J-Lo's bottom plus Demi Moore's raspy whisper (when she was still hot in Ghost). As long as my system can remind me of those, it's close to perfect as I can wish for. :)
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby thebrioman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 pm

its like being there. music ringing to your ear like there is no equipment but the sound.
thebrioman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby luismorizono » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:07 pm

I checked several dictionaries and they don't quite capture what I am imagining as "musicality" to be.

for me it's collective rhythm of sounds that causes you to snap your fingers, tap your toes, jerk your head, sway your hips, do a strut, walk with flair, do silly gestures, make faces and/or sing at the same time...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
luismorizono
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:13 pm

luismorizono wrote:I checked several dictionaries and they don't quite capture what I am imagining as "musicality" to be.

for me it's collective rhythm of sounds that causes you to snap your fingers, tap your toes, jerk your head, sway your hips, do a strut, walk with flair, do silly gestures, make faces and/or sing at the same time...

That sounds like what RVC and the boys do when we have our sessions at home. Of course, the free flowing single malt on the side makes the musicality of what we are listening to more obvious. :D
dante
cool dude

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:16 pm

dante wrote:
luismorizono wrote:I checked several dictionaries and they don't quite capture what I am imagining as "musicality" to be.

That sounds like what RVC and the boys do when we have our sessions at home. Of course, the free flowing single malt on the side makes the musicality of what we are listening to more obvious. :D

plus some brazilian inspirations... ;)
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JackD201 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:08 pm

and butterfly t's :devil:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:39 pm

vintage_dog wrote:
dante wrote:

Ahhhh.... The good times :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby rvc » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm

vintage_dog wrote:
dante wrote:

:)
rvc
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to General Audio