Good hi-fi dealers in Philippines.

Solidstate (amps, preamps), Tweaks, Cables, New gear, etc...

Moderators: Hyperion, KD

Good hi-fi dealers in Philippines.

Postby olsoraune » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm a european guy currently living in Suriagao Del Sur and is new at this forum. For me, it has seemed almost impossible to get decent hi-fi equipment here in Philippines, but now that I've discovered this forum I think there is possible to get some help. What I'm looking for is an amplifier and good fullrange speakers, mainly american or european, JBL, Klipsch etc., new or secondhand, and I'm looking for a dealer, preferably in Davao area or if necessary in Manila that has a reasonable selection of quality sound systems. Also vintage hi-fi is of great interest.
olsoraune

Re: Good hi-fi dealers in Philippines.

Postby kabubi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:38 pm

boy, did you come to the right forum! :D :D :D
it would be an understatement to say that there are lots of great choices that can be recommended to you.

it would be of great help to us if you can initially give us a couple of information, a specific budget you are working on, and the specific type of gear you want. we can start from there.

Welcome to Wiredstate and Mabuhay!
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Superman » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi! If you're in Davao, do let me know...would be glad to help you,I am from Davao...thanks!

Superman :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Mamimili » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 pm

I am ex UK, and found the temptations in the Philippines to be far greater than anywhere within a 100 mile radius of Englands 2nd largest city.
Your wallet will go on a diet, but take heart as value for money is far greater as well :)
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby marcusd » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 am

Mamimili wrote:I am ex UK, and found the temptations in the Philippines to be far greater than anywhere within a 100 mile radius of Englands 2nd largest city.
Your wallet will go on a diet, but take heart as value for money is far greater as well :)

ah you be a Brummie then eh? :P

Good to hear from you, I am originally from Belfast.

Well the prices here are naturally a tad higher so I recommend scouring the sales threads here for some stock if needs be in whatever your after.

can't comment on Davao but here in Manila there are a few good outlets ranging from the bigger ones such as The Listening Group (stores in Megamall, Shangri-la and Glorietta to name but a few), Watt Hifi and a few others in Makati Cinema Square.

Those are the ones that I personally go to but the grizzled vets (I am a headphone guy so I am in my own forum lol) can give you more hardcore shops and of course you can use Johnny Air Cargo and amazon US for a tax free importation lifestyle on US prices if you are buying small things.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Marcus
marcusd
Citizen
Citizen

Postby cia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:54 am

For new equipment purchases, prices are usually lower than US SRP from most of the local audio dealers.
cia
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zenaudio » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:24 am

olsoraune wrote:I'm a european guy currently living in Suriagao Del Sur and is new at this forum. For me, it has seemed almost impossible to get decent hi-fi equipment here in Philippines, but now that I've discovered this forum I think there is possible to get some help. What I'm looking for is an amplifier and good fullrange speakers, mainly american or european, JBL, Klipsch etc., new or secondhand, and I'm looking for a dealer, preferably in Davao area or if necessary in Manila that has a reasonable selection of quality sound systems. Also vintage hi-fi is of great interest.

Send hypertriode (his real name is Rene Rivo) a private message.

Not only is he a real Master with audio, including and specially vintage, but he also used to live in Surigao del Sur! You'll be on the right track with him.
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby marcusd » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:25 am

cia wrote:For new equipment purchases, prices are usually lower than US SRP from most of the local audio dealers.

Compared to the UK prices I find them higher here by some margin unless we have some dealers prepared to offer deep discount.

25k still for an Arcam cd73T in Shangri La, Ortigas even though it has been discontinued for 5 years. That is 75% of SRP in the UK when it came out in 2003/4. Brand new if available would be about 12 - 15k in the UK.

The peso was 104php to the British pound in 2004 without VAT, now it is 68php with VAT so the Phils with an annual inflation of between 3 and 12% has got over 30% more expensive in 6 years since I first started coming here - ouch! lol
marcusd
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Gau_Ban » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:00 am

Hi!

You definitely have to go to the bigger cities to get what you want. Manila will have the widest selection. I suggest you try contacting some of the distributors to see if they have a dealer in Davao. Here are some to get you started.

Rega & Rotel
FM Apolinario & Co., Inc.
Tel: (632) 373-4012 / (632) 371-8128
Fax: (632) 371-7421

http://www.hifiplusasia.com/
Gau_Ban
Citizen
Citizen

Postby detubo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:10 am

in my experience, dealers in manila are more aggressive at discounting than hk or the uk. i suggest you come down and visit the November Hifi Show on the 27-28 of this month. you'll get to meet all the dealers and the rest of the wiredstate family.
detubo
Master
Master

Postby olsoraune » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:17 am

Thank you so much all of you. I already know a whole lot more about hi-fi life in Philippines. And of course I have to be in Manila november 27-28 ! That's a really good opportunity to get an overview of products available here, and to learn about dealers and distributors. Thanks to detubo !
Regarding Rene Rivo, the reason that I discovered this forum is that a guy home in Norway posted a very enthusiastic review with pictures of some of his work with vintage turntables in the norwegian forum, Hifisentralen which is very similar to this one. Hi-fi is really universal :)
By the way, I just saw a pair of B&W Nautilus 801 advertised in AyosDito for 30 000 php in NCR region. That must be a real bargain if they are in good condition.
Last edited by olsoraune on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
olsoraune

Postby marcusd » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:24 am

detubo wrote:in my experience, dealers in manila are more aggressive at discounting than hk or the uk. i suggest you come down and visit the November Hifi Show on the 27-28 of this month. you'll get to meet all the dealers and the rest of the wiredstate family.

hehe yes I am booked to go there for a while now with my headphile community :)
marcusd
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:08 pm

marcusd wrote:
Mamimili wrote:I am ex UK, and found the temptations in the Philippines to be far greater than anywhere within a 100 mile radius of Englands 2nd largest city.

ah you be a Brummie then eh? :P

Good to hear from you, I am originally from Belfast.

Well the prices here are naturally a tad higher so I recommend scouring the sales threads here for some stock if needs be in whatever your after.

can't comment on Davao but here in Manila there are a few good outlets ranging from the bigger ones such as The Listening Group (stores in Megamall, Shangri-la and Glorietta to name but a few), Watt Hifi and a few others in Makati Cinema Square.

Those are the ones that I personally go to but the grizzled vets (I am a headphone guy so I am in my own forum lol) can give you more hardcore shops and of course you can use Johnny Air Cargo and amazon US for a tax free importation lifestyle on US prices if you are buying small things.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Marcus

Birmingham is about 15 miles away from where i lived, which makes me a bit of a yokel :lol:
I purchased a few Sonus faber speakers in the mid 90's, i checked a UK dealer price and they were about 40% higher (i did not discuss discount).
Having said that, i purchased two Lenco TT's in the UK for a fraction of the price in any Asian country.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby detubo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 pm

marcusd wrote:
detubo wrote:in my experience, dealers in manila are more aggressive at discounting than hk or the uk. i suggest you come down and visit the November Hifi Show on the 27-28 of this month. you'll get to meet all the dealers and the rest of the wiredstate family.

hehe yes I am booked to go there for a while now with my headphile community :)

i hope i get to meet all of you. you visit the November Hifi Show facebook page to get daily updates too.
detubo
Master
Master

Postby brady » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 pm

cebu is nearer surigao ...

i would recommend sounds and images. owner fld is in this forum. he carries audio note uk, plinius of new zealand, rel and harbeth, some u.s. and canadian brands, etc ... a few days ago, i listened to a pair of wilsons in his show room.

and there's the usual across the counter stuff where the sales clerk barely knows which end of the wire you stick onto the wall. or who'd pair a top of the line B&W to a P10k receiver. heheheheh

DIY community here not as many compared to manila
brady
Citizen
Citizen

Postby accastil » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:38 pm

brady wrote:cebu is nearer surigao ...

i would recommend sounds and images. owner fld is in this forum. he carries audio note uk, plinius of new zealand, rel and harbeth, some u.s. and canadian brands, etc ... a few days ago, i listened to a pair of wilsons in his show room.

and there's the usual across the counter stuff where the sales clerk barely knows which end of the wire you stick onto the wall. or who'd pair a top of the line B&W to a P10k receiver. heheheheh

DIY community here not as many compared to manila

Yeah, i also heard that ferdie's personal listening room is a "must-listen" for enthusiast of our kind.
accastil
Citizen
Citizen

Postby scorpion63 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:14 am

Superman wrote:Hi! If you're in Davao, do let me know...would be glad to help you,I am from Davao...thanks!

A good day to you, Im new in Davao and im looking for a good quality speaker wire or cable to supply my surround speakers. Gauge 16 or 14 will do. Can you please contact me on these details 09053992307 ellen...
scorpion63

Postby Superman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 am

scorpion63 wrote:
Superman wrote:Hi! If you're in Davao, do let me know...would be glad to help you,I am from Davao...thanks!

A good day to you, Im new in Davao and im looking for a good quality speaker wire or cable to supply my surround speakers. Gauge 16 or 14 will do. Can you please contact me on these details 09053992307 ellen...

Replied to you via SMS. Glad to help...Thanks!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby dimfer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:43 am

Superman Audio, Davao. :D
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JoeyGS » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:45 am

dimfer wrote:Superman Audio, Davao. :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D