What is HIGH-END?

Solidstate (amps, preamps), Tweaks, Cables, New gear, etc...

Moderators: Hyperion, KD

Re: What is HIGH-END?

Postby halidon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:02 pm

High end for me starts somewhere the $700 range.
halidon

Postby Billabong » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 am

For me "high-end" is relative. What one person perceive as high-end maybe considered as low-end by another person. Say for example, Starbucks. For many people in the Philippines, it is already high-end. But in the US it's just a normal coffee shop. Mercedes Benz is considered to be high-end here (even just the C-class models). But in Germany they use it as regular taxis.

I guess it depends on the economic status of the one viewing it. Starbucks may be seen as a low-end coffee shop for a connoisseur who prefers Kopi Luwak, the most expensive coffee in the world. Mercedes Benz C-class may also be low-end to someone who owns an SLS AMG worth P20M.

I believe that this hobby of ours is limitless. There will always be something better no matter how expensive or "high end" our equipments are. For me, what matters most is the journey we go through in order to achieve the sound we want. :rock:

If we just learn to be contented and happy with what we have, we'll be in audio nirvana. :inlove:
Billabong
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kabubi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:59 am

if you can't afford it, it's called High End.

now, if you can afford anything and everything, you're called High End Mighty. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby highlander » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:24 am

Billabong wrote:For me "high-end" is relative. What one person perceive as high-end maybe considered as low-end by another person. Say for example, Starbucks. For many people in the Philippines, it is already high-end. But in the US it's just a normal coffee shop. Mercedes Benz is considered to be high-end here (even just the C-class models). But in Germany they use it as regular taxis.

I guess it depends on the economic status of the one viewing it. Starbucks may be seen as a low-end coffee shop for a connoisseur who prefers Kopi Luwak, the most expensive coffee in the world. Mercedes Benz C-class may also be low-end to someone who owns an SLS AMG worth P20M.

I believe that this hobby of ours is limitless. There will always be something better no matter how expensive or "high end" our equipments are. For me, what matters most is the journey we go through in order to achieve the sound we want. :rock:

If we just learn to be contented and happy with what we have, we'll be in audio nirvana. :inlove:

+1000 :clap:
highlander
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Gino » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

Part of "audiophilitis" is the thrill of changes in a system's sound. I seriously doubt, given limitless time and budget, that any of the audiophiles will stop tweaking.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Audio_Tyro » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 am

Just to resurrect this controversial yet interesting thread on High-End:

High-end audio equipment is borne out of the fact that when manufacturers’ primary consideration is for such an equipment to deliver its intended performance in the “best” possible way, in a manner where its musical delivery is (or seems) so close to the recorded musical event as possible, thereby not having any component/material compromise in any way, and thus inevitably making its cost ludicrously high (thus the term "high-end"). It is intended for a niche market: the most demanding listeners who has the ability to pay for such an equipment. Simply put, it is designed for those who wants the "best" and do not mind the price tag.
Audio_Tyro
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby kind_of_blue » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:49 am

High end is all in the mind and purse.
kind_of_blue

Postby Gaucho » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Audio_Tyro wrote:Just to resurrect this controversial yet interesting thread on High-End:

High-end audio equipment is borne out of the fact that when manufacturers’ primary consideration is for such an equipment to deliver its intended performance in the “best” possible way, in a manner where its musical delivery is (or seems) so close to the recorded musical event as possible, thereby not having any component/material compromise in any way, and thus inevitably making its cost ludicrously high (thus the term "high-end"). It is intended for a niche market: the most demanding listeners who has the ability to pay for such an equipment. Simply put, it is designed for those who wants the "best" and do not mind the price tag.

Right on the spot Micob.
Gaucho
Citizen
Citizen

Postby SimpleMind » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:01 pm

kabubi wrote:if you can't afford it, it's called High End.

now, if you can afford anything and everything, you're called High End Mighty. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

+1 :D
SimpleMind

Postby luismorizono » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:54 pm

for us hampaslupas and busabos, beyond P75K is high end... yes, it depends individually...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
luismorizono
Citizen
Citizen

Postby recordmogul » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:39 pm

Billabong wrote:For me "high-end" is relative. What one person perceive as high-end maybe considered as low-end by another person. Say for example, Starbucks. For many people in the Philippines, it is already high-end. But in the US it's just a normal coffee shop. Mercedes Benz is considered to be high-end here (even just the C-class models). But in Germany they use it as regular taxis.

like to the nth power! :clap: :clap: :clap:
recordmogul
Master
Master

Postby kabubi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 pm

pag di mo maabot, High End.

kung nabili mo, The End.
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Gaucho » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:00 pm

kabubi wrote:pag di mo maabot, High End.

kung nabili mo, The End.

Iyo baga padi. Huwag lang mag upgrade 8)
Gaucho
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kabubi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Gaucho wrote:

kung nabili mo, The End.

Manoy Ayie, ang horns ba, ma-consider mong high-end?
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Gaucho » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 pm

kabubi wrote:
Gaucho wrote:

kung nabili mo, The End.

The likes of Living Voice Vox Olympians are for me high end as I can't afford them. Kaya nag pa assemble na lang ako kay joe3rp ng jbl -based horns , high end naman ang tunog :lol:
Last edited by Gaucho on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gaucho
Citizen
Citizen

Postby qguy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:11 am

When I can not afford it... pag nasa bahay ko na yun, mass market na yun :D
qguy
Master
Master

Postby quarterback » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:09 pm

kabubi wrote:
Gaucho wrote:

kung nabili mo, The End.

dependi sa horns, jbl everest, living voice olympia, mint condition original hartsfield hi end.
quarterback
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Chuckyboy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:59 am

To SOME horns are the high(est) end with appropriate SET amps.
But others can't even stand the look of Em Horns haha.

High end = high performance (whether affordable or exorbitantly expensive) IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuckyboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby plasticman » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:59 pm

plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:04 pm

plasticman wrote:eto ang sagot. Nasa kabilang thread...

http://www.wiredstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27903&p=482882#p482882

Doc, lumalaki panga ko pa-libre ka naman ng square jaw :tmi:
JackD201
Immortal

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio