advice needed: getting into a PA system

Solidstate (amps, preamps), Tweaks, Cables, New gear, etc...

Moderators: Hyperion, KD

advice needed: getting into a PA system

Postby troporobo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:05 am

A friend of mine is interested in getting a modest system for his band to play house parties, weddings, that sort of thing. He's a musician not a gearhead, so he needs advice on where to look and what to consider.

Who are the pro sound guys? How about contact info for the exhibitors at this year's show?
troporobo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: advice needed: getting into a PA system

Postby detubo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:59 am

robert, Bose had a cool PA system designed for bands during the last hifi show at the Mandarin. Give them a call
detubo
Master
Master

Postby darkest_error » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Bose L1 with their Tonematch with certain presets to match popular guitar brands and microphones. Good for PA and instrument amplifier all in one compact setup. They also have the mini version called as the L1 Compact.
darkest_error
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:16 am

Hi Robert,

Check out HK Audio's Elements system. It's a German company. The system is a compact modular line source powered systems that can be scaled up or down EXTREMELY easily. I have a set on order actually for outdoor use/ house parties. The dealer is very near ADB/Robinsons Galleria. The beauty is that the system is practically cable free. All he'll need cable wise from the stereo bus outputs to each channel array is a single XLR.

Check out the scalability from a solo performer to a full band as opposed to the Bose L1 that is a one array per performer system.

Did I mention that the system is really compact and easy to store and transport? :)

JackD201
Immortal

Postby SD-6 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:53 pm

I am selling a PA system if you are interested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SD-6
Citizen
Citizen

Return to General Audio